The National Anthem thread

TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
edited June 2016 in General
Post your favorite national anthem rendition videos here!! (Thanks for the idea, @tom_g !) beware of being sucked into the black hole of You Tube!

This is one of my favorites - Whitney Houston at the 91 Super Bowl in Tampa!

Edited to add: if you aren't from the US, please share yours too!!! <3

Comments

• edited June 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KXHN-ETDig

The above link is easily one of my favorites as well.  Considering the bombing happened 2 days previously and then the shooting/capture of the suspects happened a few days after this.  Add in that everyone in the building starting to sing along right away, just made for an awesome moment of unity. 

TaraC73Michelle
  • My two favourites.  Not a fan at all of my own nations anthem which is frankly a dirge (we would be better suited with "Jerusalem")

TaraC73Michelle
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    @dochielomn i was there! It wasn't until I watched the replay when we got home that I realized Renee Rancourt only led off the anthem and let us take it all the way til the end -- I just thought we were drowning out his voice. What a night, such a show of unity in such a dark time.
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    @Tyler_Durden I like that welsh anthem!!
    Tyler_Durden
  • TaraC73 said:

@Tyler_Durden I like that welsh anthem!!

Absolutely. Have a look at it for their Rugby internationals. The crowd really add to it
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Christina Aguilera killed it. Such an amazing voice.

• TaraC73 said:

@dochielomn i was there! It wasn't until I watched the replay when we got home that I realized Renee Rancourt only led off the anthem and let us take it all the way til the end -- I just thought we were drowning out his voice. What a night, such a show of unity in such a dark time.

@TaraC73, very cool.  I remember watching the game on TV and then watched the replay of the national anthem a few different times over the next couple of days.  Although, if I also remember correctly, the Bruins got waxed that game so you probably could have left early (unless you were a Sabres fan). 
  • It's one thing for an actual singer to do well singing the anthem, you'd hope/expect as much, but Dr. Drew? Who woulda thunk?