Live On The Rocks concept

Let's just say, for sake of argument, we wanted to turn the OTR show into a local live show, that would have video and podcast available for Club members. It would be somewhere in the Greater Cincinati Metro area.  How many of you would attend on a bi-weekly basis?  Other info, ticket prices would be $5/head, and there would be a cash bar available for beer/wine and maybe cocktails. 
TravisOliviaDMichelleMurderbearDancesWithWookies

Comments

• TravisTravis CA
    edited June 2016
    Dammit, guys! Move out to So. Cal. That sounds like a blast. I'd love to do that if I was near the neighborhood.
  • DrKenDrKen Chicago
    Sounds like a cool idea.

Wish I was closer.  I would definitely make it every so often if I was nearby.
  • DrKen said:

Sounds like a cool idea.

My sentiments exactly
  • FernNYC17FernNYC17 New York, NY
    DrKen said:

Sounds like a cool idea.

Same here.
  • edited June 2016
    Can't help but think Harmontown is influencing this a bit.  I think it'd be cool, simply because it's a new setting and Damon wouldn't be staring into our souls.  However, if the initial responses are any indication, most of us don't live close by.
  • OliviaDOliviaD Cincinnati, Ohio
    I don't know if I would be able to make it every time but I'm down.
  • Bi-Weekly sounds like a bit much tbh. Quarterly or Bi-Annually would make them a little more special. That's just, like, my opinion, man. 
  • Louballs77Louballs77 Coral Springs, FL
    would totally go if I wasn't a 5 hour plane ride away
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I would so be there if I could! Unfortunately you're a bit far from Humboldt. But this does sound really cool for those within driving distance!
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Our thinking was if we could get a regular crowd of 5-15 and do it by weekly or monthly then you might get a few people making a special trip, etc, but we don't live in LA or NYC so it might not work. We've been kicking this around for a few years; in fact we did a live show for the season finale of BrBa... but not going to lie, listening to Harmontown has made it feel like something achievable. I wonder if we could swing a mini tour. Hit up LA, NYC, Dallas, Chicago, and maybe Portland just for funsies. We wouldn't totally lose our shirt on something like that? Haha...
    MichelleTravis
  • FernNYC17FernNYC17 New York, NY

Our thinking was if we could get a regular crowd of 5-15 and do it by weekly or monthly then you might get a few people making a special trip, etc, but we don't live in LA or NYC so it might not work. We've been kicking this around for a few years; in fact we did a live show for the season finale of BrBa... but not going to lie, listening to Harmontown has made it feel like something achievable. I wonder if we could swing a mini tour. Hit up LA, NYC, Dallas, Chicago, and maybe Portland just for funsies. We wouldn't totally lose our shirt on something like that? Haha...

Now your talking. I'll throw my name in the hat as a place for you guys to crash when you hit up nyc so you can save some dough. I'm sure my wife won't mind. She either sees your faces on my computer or hears your voices on my iPad minimum once a day so your basically family HA
    hisdudeness915Travis
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited June 2016

I would make the trip to LA or Portland!   Btw, is that live show (from the BrBa season finale) available anywhere?
    Travis
  • hah, guess I'll have to wait until you guys really make it big and do a 'Bald Move world tour'
    DeeMurderbearMelonuskTravisMichelle
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I think it's an awesome idea! I've been hoping for a while for some kind of Cincinnati meet up.
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    *cough, cough* Boston *cough, cough*
    Travis
  • edited June 2016
    Can I comptroll?

Can't wait to hear A.Ron lay down some mean raps.
    MurderbearMichelle
    Bumping this back up to hopefully get more eyes on it.
  • podcartfanpodcartfan Cincinnati
    I'm in. Preferably a place with a good beer selection.
    Murderbear
    @A_Ron_Hubbard Do you all have a potential place picked out? Or maybe you want to keep that card close to the chest.
    Well, one early thought was to book one of the event rooms at Rhinegeist.  It's still on the table but we're mulling possibilities.  Another would be The Rook, the new gaming parlor that opened in OTR.  Any suggestions?  A good beer/drink selection would be a must, we obviously can't do a dry show. 
    I haven't been there yet but The Rook was one of the first places that came to mind as soon as I started thinking about possible locations. Rhinegeist is a great choice too!
    edited June 2016
    I'm friends with one of the owners of The Northside Yacht Club and he suggested their place. Nice stage, big drink selection, fantastic food. I think that place could work quite nicely.

Urban Artifact is really cool spot in Northside too and supposedly they have mentioned things about wanting to do live podcasts there.
    edited June 2016
    Okay, I had some suggestions from friends on Facebook so I have one more for you @A_Ron_Hubbard: The Overlook Lodge in Pleasant Ridge, which is inspired by the hotel bar in The Shining, they already have a podcast night there. I'm sure you guys could easily get in there. So yeah, I don't think finding a venue will be an issue for you guys!
    A_Ron_Hubbard
    Wow, thanks for all the great suggestions, murderbear!
    No problem! I just put a quick thing on FB asking for live podcast venue suggestions. Was surprised how quickly I got those good ideas thrown back at me. Definitely want this to happen! (Don't worry, I didn't drop your name to the general public and create any false expectations. Ha!)
  • DrKenDrKen Chicago
    I think once you have a plan together, though, I hope you definitely get the word out to non-BM people in the area.  Seems like an interesting way to keep building on the brand.

I know if there was somebody that I didn't know but was local to me doing a podcast on something that I was interested in, I'd probably go check it out - at the very least, I'd sample their podcast to see if it was worth the time.

Which makes me wonder if you could tie it into Game of Thrones somehow.  Maybe get the word out as 30 minutes on Game and then another 30-60 as "Live OTR".  That could be a way to draw more people that don't know anything about BM.

Millions of people watch Game and might be interested and then take an intermission and invite those to stick around for "Live OTR".  I'd bet they would.

MurderbearTravis
  • OliviaDOliviaD Cincinnati, Ohio
    @Murderbear i was going to recommend the overlook lodge for them to check out but you beat me to it!
    Murderbear