OITNB - Season 4 Episodes 4-6

Ep. 4: "Doctor Psycho"
Ep. 5: "We'll Always Have Baltimore"
Ep. 6: "Piece of Shit"

Comments

• NathanNathan Winterfell, The North, Westeros
    I really don't like that kid actor playing young Healy. He adds a whole new level of hatred to the character via bad acting.

Of course Piper would be the one to create a "White Lives Matter" group! It feels so satisfying that everything is going wrong for her. She's like the Cersei of the prison; she always makes everything worse and is in total denial about her incompetence! 

Free Sophia! Burn this prison down!
    NikkiPksa1001
  • Copy and pasted from the earlier episodes from the forum.

on't put spoilers past episode 3 as I'm on episode 7 but really great season so far can feel it's building to something quite big. I like how with the addition of the new inmates we aren't having them as actual characters and having to learn 10+ new characters we have had one or 2 with names but I'm glad we don't have to learn loads of new characters story's and names with this new lot of inmates, nice job writers. This has done what they intended to do with these new inmates which is make the prison feel crowded and as a result have a lack of supplies. I'm interested to see how this goes forward
  • Incase you guys are not aware I think the show had been renewed up to season 6 or 7 so plenty to go :). I would love a 2 hour film at some point but not In place of a season
  • NathanNathan Winterfell, The North, Westeros
    MurderbearNikkiPmattsksa1001weeniegirl
  • @Nathan I knew that looked familiar somehow but couldn't quite place it. Nice pull!

Piper is digging herself deeper and deeper into this Godfather fantasy she's got going on in her head. She's playing at being a kingpin, but in reality she has no idea what she's doing. I would say that I can't wait to see her comeuppance, but I fear that her actions will have negative consequences for some of the other characters that I actually care about.
    ksa1001
  • unreadunread Australia
    edited June 2016
    Did anyone else recognise Piscatella as Coover Bennett from Justified? I'm really enjoying him so far - the way he just straight up said he likes dudes was great and hilarious. I also agree with what Cecily said, I think he has a couple of pugs at home.
    Cecilyksa1001Murderbear
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Healy is my all time second favourite TV character (first is Richard from Boardwalk Empire for those who care). I know that as a hardcore feminazi I should hate him but every bloody year he breaks my heart a little more. I credit the writing, but mostly the actor's gift for making a basically obnoxious person so sympathetic and injecting such pathos. He so badly wants to be a good person but his prejudice and his anger always gets in the way. Finding a cause in Lolly might be the making of him.

@unread I only know that actor from the movie Sherrybaby, but he's great in this. I alternate between really liking and loathing his character.
    unread
  • edited June 2016
    Hey Pi'ilani. I luh u boo!

Podcast comment: I have a lot of LGBTQ friends, and have since I was in high school (at this point, that's half my life). So I use terms like pillow princess as though everyone knows what I mean and I'm shocked by how little other people who identify as straight know about gay terminology and culture. It always feels weird for me to explain the terms to straight people because I don't want to be a spokesperson for another culture, but I drop terms without thinking about it and wind up with confused responses. (I also hate it when straight people like certain female reality stars overuse and abuse these terms because they've got one gay friend, so I want to make sure I'm not acting like that.) All that to say, I knew what Poussey was talking about and it didn't occur to me that a lot of people wouldn't.

Good podcast, lots of cool conversations! I'll be sure to put the word fake in front of the word Hawiian pizza from now on.
    PiilaniJR
  • LOL There is nothing Hawaiian about "Hawaiian pizza with pineapple" because pineapples came from South America and I think the original recipe was Canadian bacon and pineapple. But to @BaldMove, if you like pineapple and pepperoni on pizza, and like spicy stuff, my friend adds jalepeno to those toppings and says it is delicious. But it is still Fake Hawaiian Pizza, just spicy!
    Murderbear
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I think @A_Ron_Hubbard mentioned something about BBQ sauce too...Hopefully he didn't mean on "Hawaiian" pizza! Usually it's just marinara sauce. But whatever, this could easily divulge into a pizza topic so we should stay on target.
  • @PiilaniJR. How do you feel about Hawaiian Haystacks?
  • @Shum I have never heard of a Hawaiian Haystack. The first thing that came to mind for me was a strain of pakalolo
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited June 2016

I think @A_Ron_Hubbard mentioned something about BBQ sauce too...Hopefully he didn't mean on "Hawaiian" pizza! Usually it's just marinara sauce. But whatever, this could easily divulge into a pizza topic so we should stay on target.

Substitute the white sauce in place of marinara, add regular bacon along with the ham/pineapple/cheese and you've got yourself one verrrrrrrrry tasty pizza!

Btw @PiilaniJR it's nice to hear you back on the cast. I truly enjoy your insights and your viewpoints on the important topics of our times. You and Aron really went deep in yesterday's cast, and it was thoroughly enjoyable and educational. So, thanks! :)
    MurderbearPiilaniJR
    Yes on both accounts @Michelle!
  • @PiilaniJR. Interesting, maybe it's a local thing. Basically you put chicken and gravy over rice and add pineapple, coconut, green onions, crispy noodles, and cheese on top. They're pretty tasty when done right.
  • @Michelle & @Murderbear Thank you very much. I was a bit worried about speaking on the mic at 6am my time while I was overly medicated because of bronchitis. But it was really fun to be back with @A_Ron_Hubbard and all of you.

@shum I googled it and a ton of recipes popped up! Interesting example of comfort food.
    edited June 2016
    PiilaniJR said:

@Michelle & @Murderbear Thank you very much. I was a bit worried about speaking on the mic at 6am my time while I was overly medicated because of bronchitis. But it was really fun to be back with @A_Ron_Hubbard and all of you.

If I can be half the woke white man @A_Ron_Hubbard is then I know I'll be doing okay! Ha!

But seriously, I'll of course listen to Jim and A.Ron talk all day on just about anything so it's really nice on any podcast on the Bald Move network to get new perspectives. Especially for a show like Orange is the New Black where there are so many different life stories that I'll never even come close to experiencing or knowing anything about. Maybe that sounds cheesy but it's real. Anyway, enough with the gushing!
    PiilaniJR