Halt And Catch Fire Season 3

bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
This show got a late rescue pick up for another season and AMC announced the premiere date will be Tuesday, August 23 at 9. I didn't catch season two until after it aired and never saw season one so I'm super excited to watch these as they come. Anybody else looking forward to this?
bpstraderhypergenesb

Comments

• Been a fan since season 1 so yes!
  • Same here. Even though I'd love to hear what A.Ron thinks about it, I am also super-excited to hear Jim interact with a different co-host. I'm a bit worried about download numbers. Not many people watch the show, and even fewer will check out the podcast. But the guys have also said that if they really love a show, they will cover it no matter what. Can't wait!
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    @MFG Are there plans for a BM podcast on it?
  • @MFG Are there plans for a BM podcast on it?

Yes, Jim announced on one of the lunches that he will do one with Eric (he's from Personal Arrogants and I think also the Fargo Season 1 podcast).
    bizmarkiefader
  • Season 2 was fantastic. This was in my Top 10 last year. So looking forward to S3, which is surely to be the last, considering the numbers.
  • Is the first season worthwhile/needed or should one start with season 2?
  • Is the first season worthwhile/needed or should one start with season 2?

I would say season 1 is good, but not great. Of course some of the character developments and conflicts in season 2 hit you harder if you've known the characters longer - but season 1 is probably not needed to understand season 2.
  • Oh, I had heard that season 2 was pretty much a reboot.
  • If they stick to their guns, I'm excited.  However, I'm pretty sure we're in for another soft reboot.  A lot of season 2 revolved around Gordon's failing health and Joe's server exploits.  But both were completely hand waved away in the finale.  I want to see Gordon's health be a real liability to Mutiny and I want to see Westgroup derail Joe's antivirus company.  Only good things for Cameron and Donna, please.
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    I heard just watch the Season 1 finale and then dive into S2 - do you agree?
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    @Doctor_Nick @Elisa I started with season 2 and it was totally fine. There are some character motivations and events you have to try and pull from the context but I never felt lost.
    Elisa
  • DrewDrew indianapolis
    Season 1 is worth a watch but yeah season 2 was like a new show almost. Really hyped for season 3 and pretty surprised there's been no trailer yet. I've seen a couple screenshots, one of Joe and then the H&CF Facebook posted a new Mutiny shot today.

Donna is the best character on this show, can't wait to see more of her. I hope they tone down Cameron a bit this season because she was pretty insufferable last season.
  • Elisa said:

I heard just watch the Season 1 finale and then dive into S2 - do you agree?

I thought S1 was really good, but S2 was even better. I would recommend watching all of S1. I know a lot folks who liked S1 better than S2. 
    Wahl-e
  • Wahl-eWahl-e Seattle
    I really love this show and I'm so excited to be doing the 'cast about it with Jim. I'm doing a rewatch of the first two seasons right now, and season 1 does an excellent job of setting up the characters / conflict in season 2. 

If anything, watch the first 10 minutes of episode 1. The characters are strongly established from the start. 
This discussion has been closed.