Season 7 DELAYED!!

NathanNathan Winterfell, The North, Westeros
If this is true...

(Sorry if this seems a little clickbait)

pavlovsbell

Comments

• pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    I listened to that earlier today. Here is the podcast with helpful timestamps. They don't know when it will premiere, but they both said no to April. April, if I'm not mistaken, is the last month for Emmy eligibility so GoT would sit that year out, but hey, they need the winter. 
    Cory
  • This better not clash with the walking dead !
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    trippy said:

One wonders if they are holding off for the book.   Not necessarily to have more finished story to work from,  but to not in any way take any hype away from its release, pre-sales, et al.

This was my first thought also. I wouldn't be surprised at all. It could serve a dual purpose of allowing more prep-time and such as well.
  • LukeLuke Central Illinois
    Or it could be to coordinate with directors/actors schedules better. Or the story takes us to different locations and it will take time to get everything set up.

Signs point to us going to at least the Storm lands and probably more Dorne next season. And apart from the water gardens we have not seen Dorne, and we have yet to see Storms End in the show yet.

I also have to imagine we are going to get quite a few more battle scenes and on the scale of Battle of the Bastards, that stuff takes time to film/plan. And we were one or two bad weather days away from them having to push production back in season 6, they probably want to give themselves a bit more time.
  • trippy said:

One wonders if they are holding off for the book.   Not necessarily to have more finished story to work from,  but to not in any way take any hype away from its release, pre-sales, et al.

Doubt it, if they were doing that 6 would have been delayed as well. They are and have been off on their own. The book itself will have plenty of hype when and if it does finally come out.
  • Not wanting to shoot in sunny weather when it is supposed to be winter makes sense to me. When they come back isn't even a concern to me. By next month I'll have lost my GoT hype and moved on to Mr Robot/The Night of hype anyway. I just want them to come back when they are ready. If the options were to come back early but not finished or late with a polished project, you would have to be a mad person to want the early turd first. 
    hisdudeness915NikkiPmwspiakCory
  • KingKobra said:

trippy said:

Doubt it, if they were doing that 6 would have been delayed as well. They are and have been off on their own. The book itself will have plenty of hype when and if it does finally come out.
    At the time they likely thought the book would come out in Feb or March of this year, and that's the reason they left Jon's resurrection as a cliffhanger at the end of season 5, because they were giving GRRM to tell that story first. Then he missed his deadline, and well, here we are.

I doubt they are delaying season 7 for the book; even if it comes out this winter or something, that wouldn't give them time to adapt it to the screen.
  • edited July 2016
    I believe the reason they gave, that Winter has come and they have to shoot on days that make it at least look wintery.
  • Can it be delayed before it was scheduled? Sounds more like this is simply when season 7 was scheduled.
  • How dare they, stealing GRRM's whole shtick.
    MelonuskNathan
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.