HarmonQuest Ep1 available on Amazon Prime Video FREE

AjasAjas Seattle, WA
HarmonQuest is an animated series about an AD&D campaign played by Dan Harmon and friends in front of a studio audience.

They've been playing it for years as part of the HarmonTown podcast, but several years ago one of the fans took the narration and overlaid an animation of the characters.  Everyone loved it so much Dan decided to create a professionally-done series in that ilk.  That was YEARS ago, and now it's finally out!  

Pretty fantastic in my opinion!

(Here is the original fan-made one:   )

Comments

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Dude, thanks! I would have missed this.
  • Radical!
  • DStarDStar Portland, OR
    Sweet. I'm so stoked that they made this available on Anazon prime. Thanks for the heads up. The first ep was pretty fun.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    I just watched the first episode, and can confirm, it was super fun.  My favorite part is when Erin asked Spencer (the GM) if there were any children around and he says "oh yeah, loads" and then children are seen just dumped into the scene.  Hilarious. 

It's obviously a heavily edited version of what they were doing on Harmontown, but I think it works in it's favor.  It's fast paced and the funny beats are more funny.  
  • I was kinda bummed when they stopped playing D&D on Harmontown, but this makes me think it might have been worth it. I guess I'll have to get Seeso. BTW, I'm finally completely caught up on Harmontown!! I can't believe I got through over 200 episodes! And it only took me 8 months...
    Haha, I'm working middle out, so I'm up to 88 from the beginning and current from 156 to present day. Lord the 200th episode was awesome.
  • HedgeKnight84xHedgeKnight84x East Central Indiana
    Appreciate that; I had no idea about this, and the first episode was a lot of fun.
  • BigSmellBigSmell Raleigh, NC
    Im loving the series so far. Spencer is truly the star of the show and is often the funniest part. Also I cant imagine that Chelsea Peretti is happy with the animated depection of her.
  • edited April 27
    Yeah, HarmonQuest was amazing. Like others said, it's definitely more edited and streamlined than the Harmontown D&D, but I think it's superior, mainly because of the celebrity guests and animation.

The first episode is on youtube and I watched the rest on Seeso.com through their free 7 day subscription.

Is there any word on this coming back? I know Dan & Erin were in the process of divorcing right when HarmonQuest started filming. It definitely made it a bittersweet viewing experience.
    They talk about this on Harmontown quite a bit, but yeah.  As I understand it, they either are filming it right about now, or have recently wrapped up filming.  Dan and Erin have remained friends and there doesn't seem to be any awkwardness about how things turned out.  In fact, I'm almost sure they recently wrapped up filming season 2, because Erin was on a month or two ago, and I think the reason she was in LA was to film Harmonquest.