Season 7 official statement on length, air date

HBO confirms a mid-to-late summer release of Season 7 of Game of Thrones as well as a seven episode length.

Comments

• MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Well, it sucks having to wait longer but they do in fact need snow for the next season so it makes sense. I guess it's gives GRRM a little more time to get those books out!
    TravisElisa
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited July 2016

Well, it sucks having to wait longer but they do in fact need snow for the next season so it makes sense. I guess it's gives GRRM a little more time to get those books out!

My sentiments exactly. I was seeing headlines saying things like "Every Game of Thrones Fan's Worst Nightmare!" and really it left me thinking that if it is what is necessary to make it better and to do it right then I'm glad they're holding off. I mean, if you've got to wait for the weather to get it right and not rush the back end then of course you should push it back. I'd much rather have something made the way it should be a few months later than something early, but not made as well as it could be. Especially since it is them going in knowing that it's the right way to do it. Kudos to them for making a harder choice in the name of a better product.
  • That, and I thought it was already out there and official that it was going to be a 7 episode run. Was that not official yet? Seems like that's been out there for months now.