Narcos Season 2

DrewDrew indianapolis
Trailer for the new season dropped and god damn am I hyped, yet another show from 2015 that was beyond stellar.

WonderedObjectUnderwoodFlashGordonElisa

Comments

• WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    Damn, I didn't need another show for the fall haha. Still excited nonetheless.
    DrewElisa
  • DrewDrew indianapolis
    edited August 2016

New trailer, looks awesome!
    Freddy
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Oh nice, I didn't realize it was coming out next week. Loved the first season. I hope they keep the show running well past Pablo and really explore what happened after he died.
    DrewDummyElisa
  • Count down is on - may execute my most dedicated binge yet.
    DrewElisa
  • DrewDrew indianapolis
    edited August 2016
    I'm seriously surprised at how much I loved season 1, like I like Netflix shows but they don't really have any shows that connect with me in the way say The Night Of or The Americans has, hell I still haven't finished Daredevil 2, OITNB 4, or Peaky Blinders 3.

Marcos though, damn I plowed through season 1 and have been waiting very impatiently to do the same for season 2. I would be interested to see a Narcos post Pablo, did any of the detectives go on to have any more notable cases? @Freddy or are you suggesting more of an anthology style new cast sort of thing?

By the way the season 2 poster is really cool.
    http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2016/08/Narcos_S2_MOSAIC_US.jpg
    ElisaFreddy
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited August 2016
    @Drew Definitely an anthology series. Complete with offshoots and progression up to the present. The transitions would be tricky, but they are there. Can't imagine that the path between the aftermath of Escobar to the most recent capture of El Chapo has too many, if any, prohibitive gaps of information in it.

Even cooler would be if they did a show about the opium wars and other drug tales that aren't in recent history. Although, that show shouldn't be under the "Narcos" name.
    Drew
  • DrewDrew indianapolis
    @Freddy well man Netflix announced today they renewed Narcos for not just one more season but two more, season 3 and 4 are officially coming.
  • Hell Yes!! That ending had me wondering if they were gonna follow it up or if it was just a tease. Great news
  • Binged the entire second season over a long weekend so you could say I enjoyed it.

Reserved about the extension of the series which I believe will focus on the Cali cartel and further afield the Mexican drug war, but it does give us the opportunity to see more of 1 or 2 of my favourite characters from the show
    Elisa
  • DrewDrew indianapolis
    Haven't had the chance to start watching yet but I plan to on my day off this week, maybe season 2 will have the answer but who could top the performance of Pablo? I imagine the show going forward will have a big hole.
  • Just finished season 2, what a great show. 
    Elisa
  • I loved the first 2 seasons even though I generally don't like shows with lots of sub-titles and I don't speak Spanish but this was a really good show. 

I am also concerned about season 3-4 purely based on how much Pablo was the focal point of the show and the energy of that performance. I'm not sure I care enough about the Cali cartel and any of their members besides maybe Pacho who seems to have some charisma. I don't care too much if Murphy isn't in the story because he is by far the least interesting person on the show but I hope that Pena stays around

The last few minutes would indicate that Cali is the next couple of seasons and they have a few more years of existence after Pablo died. Do they go back and do the creation elements or just continue the story? do they mean the North Coast Cartel etc it could be interesting but it can't get to the level of S1&2 because Pablo was such a great character. 
  • I meant to stretch it out over the weekend but ended up sitting down with a couple burritos and blasting through nearly the whole thing after work on Friday. I'm glad they left it open for more seasons. It will be an uphill battle to bring in new characters and stories that are as interesting, but I think they've earned the benefit of the doubt. It's such a shame the guys didn't have the time to cover this.

Also, if you're interested in learning about those guys in the portraits in the President's office, the Revolutions podcast by Mike Duncan is covering Bolivar and Gran Columbia right now.
  • I thought S2E7 was Breaking Bad level excellent.
    hisdudeness915
  • Man, I love this show. Even if they are able to pull off another season or 2 without Pablo, and as much as I love Pedro Pascal, I'm sure gonna miss some Wagner Moura. Best performance of the year so far IMO