Need some advice

Hey guys and girls

So I feel ready to meet a girl and either have a serious relationship or just fun.

I feel abe to be able go and meet a woman but don't know if I can just walk into a bar/pub and just speak to someone and my closest friends live too far away

Any suggestions ?

Thank you

Comments

• BB2KBB2K Adelaide, South Australia
    that seems like a weird attitude to have about this, or maybe it's just the way you've worded it.

anyway, just get tinder, it's 2016, take ever advantage you have if you're shy
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    edited July 2016
    If you don't know how to approach dating face to face at this point, it can be a good idea to try out the online dating scene, it could get you used to having conversations with people that you like, and takes away some of the awkwardness of meeting for the first time if you should decide to go on a physical date.

Good luck man!
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Well, you're not ready. You can't love someone else until you love yourself, and you can't build a relationship until you have some emotional stability as a base. I mean, if you wanted to keep things casual / physical maybe, but honestly man, you need to keep working on you before you throw something else into the mix. It will pay big dividends when you are ready.

Finally, this is the kind of thing you need to run by your therapist, which I assume you're still working with someone? Because not one of us are qualified to give more than general life advice, which just doesn't apply to someone who was suicidal just a few weeks ago. Stay healthy, bud.
    amyja89iMatty94ReniKingKobraDaveyMac
  • Well, you're not ready. You can't love someone else until you love yourself, and you can't build a relationship until you have some emotional stability as a base. I mean, if you wanted to keep things casual / physical maybe, but honestly man, you need to keep working on you before you throw something else into the mix. It will pay big dividends when you are ready.

Finally, this is the kind of thing you need to run by your therapist, which I assume you're still working with someone? Because not one of us are qualified to give more than general life advice, which just doesn't apply to someone who was suicidal just a few weeks ago. Stay healthy, bud.

Cheers @a_ron_hubbard

Very good advice and I will be seeing my therapist this week and I have a new therapist and is now a female. I was going to mention to her some of the sexual things I am feeling at the monument :)

• My advice would be don't fall in love with your therapist