12 Monkeys

I'm actually pretty excited about this premiere tonight. I haven't read any reviews and I only saw a few previews during the Twilight Zone marathon, so I'm not sure what to expect.

Comments

• Sepinwall's review was a bit of a downer. Was hoping this was going to be good. Still going to check it out.
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Thanks just DVR'd it.
  • Maureen Ryan's take:
    The problem is, "12 Monkeys" tends to prioritize a series of MacGuffins over attempts to deepen its characters and their relationships. Though it has a fine cast, which is enhanced by the presence of reliably good guests stars such as Tom Noonan, Todd Stashwich and Zeljko Ivanek, the story sometimes feels a bit predictable.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/16/12-monkeys-review_n_6488340.html
  • Okay, 30 minutes in (without commercial interruption, whoa Syfy), and I do like it so far. I like the leading actors and the story is pretty convincing at this point. I'm curious to see where this goes.
  • So far so good. I really enjoyed the first episode. I wasn't crazy about the watch gimmick, but I'll buy into it. Goines' daughter looks too hot to be that crazy. But I guess women can say the same thing about Brad Pitt in the movie. So for right now, I'm all in.
  • @hypergenesb Thanks for those reviews.
  • I thought the first episode was good as well. Not terribly impressed with the actor playing Cole, or any of the primary roles for that matter. But on the whole, enjoyable. Reminded more of Continuum, than the movie it's supposedly based upon.
  • @AntManBee‌ fyi. E2 is available today only on SyFy.com. Not bad. Enjoyed it as well. Nothing prestige level, but who cares.
  • Good first episode. The acting was surprisingly decent and the fx were better than I expected.I'll be continuing this series to see where it goes.
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Not great...the character development and emotional strings were lacking. Not sure if I can watch a time travel hunt series longer than a season. That said the premise and FX was decent so I will also check out episode 2.
  • I had no idea about this show until I heard about it online yesterday and promptly watched it. I love the movie and thought the pilot was just okay. I'll give it a few more episodes to get better, but not a fan of the actor playing Cole. Fingers crossed though.
  • Thanks! I had no idea. @hypergenesb‌
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    I just saw episode 2 and 3 and just something is missing to keep me excited about the show. I'm sorry but I am moving on. The acting is bland and the writing is just not captivating.
  • I haven't had a chance to watch the third episode. But you're right, I was pretty underwhelmed by the second episode. I'll keep going for now, but I see this going the way of The Strain for me - that is watching the first season, then jumping ship.
This discussion has been closed.