DAN CARLIN ALERT!! King of Kings part III

278 mb. Five hours. King of Kings part III!
Hatorianelgat0KingKobraDaveyMacMurderbearTravisTheEconomistGeorgeKiltedViking36Mick

Comments

  • FlashGordonFlashGordon Leeds, UK
    edited August 2016
    Yuss been stalking his twitter the last couple of weeks looking for this, Thanks Aron!
    Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules
  • Awesome!
  • Guess I need to take a day off of work to listen to this - damn five hours!!
    So what? No f*kin ziti now?
  • Dog walks for a week!!!!!
    AntManBee

    I really want a Grizzly Bear sidekick, but Daniel Rossen won't return my phone calls.

  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Sweet. Now I have something to do while I wait for No Man's Sky. Good looking out, A. Ron.
    I just want to be famous enough that a porn parody gets made about me.
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited August 2016
    Blasphemy I know but I didn't get into the first part of this series.
    A_Ron_Hubbard
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Not going to lie, part one was a bit of a mess. Part two is good, and this one starts of with the battle of Thermopoly, so, good stuff.
  • elgat0elgat0 Clearwater
    For those that want to go deeper, there is "Judgement at Nineveh" in the Hardcore History catalog.  In that episode, Carlin discusses the Assyrian Empire and its eventual fall to forces that included the Persians.  By Carlin standards it is brief, clocking in at just over one hour.
    Travis
  • I really enjoyed the first two parts. Those ancient Mesopotamian empires make up a huge hole in my history knowledge. So learning about them and leading me to read more about them has been exciting.
    All the nightmares came today, and it looks as though they're here to stay...
  • fidoz Houston
    I really liked the series but though he kind of rushed the ending. Seemed like he wanted to get on to the next series. Regardless, Dan delivered again. I still the his "Ghost of the Osfront" and "Countdown to Armageddon" are his best works. 
    Travis
  • GeorgeGeorge Astoria, New York
    edited August 2016
    Geeked out when this popped up on my feed. I'm always in awe of how much length and detail he goes into with these.

    I started listening to his political podcast and I really enjoy it because he usually comes at things from an angle that I hadn't considered or that I may disagree with, but he presents it in such an easily digestible way I usually have to respect the perspective.
    DaveyMacAntManBeeTravis
  • George said:

    Geeked out when this popped up on my feed. I'm always in awe of how much length and detail he goes into with these.

    I started listening to his political podcast and I really enjoy it because he usually comes at things from an angle that I hadn't considered or that I may disagree with, but he presents it in such an easily digestible way I usually have to respect the perspective.

    I'm really glad you posted this because for some reason I didn't get around to checking out Common Sense and I'm really, really enjoying it. Thanks!

    I really want a Grizzly Bear sidekick, but Daniel Rossen won't return my phone calls.

  • Has he changed his style are all? I tried to get into him a couple years ago but the episodes I listened to were 5% history and 95% sketchy analogies and rants.
  • GeorgeGeorge Astoria, New York
    Travis said:

    George said:

    Geeked out when this popped up on my feed. I'm always in awe of how much length and detail he goes into with these.

    I started listening to his political podcast and I really enjoy it because he usually comes at things from an angle that I hadn't considered or that I may disagree with, but he presents it in such an easily digestible way I usually have to respect the perspective.

    I'm really glad you posted this because for some reason I didn't get around to checking out Common Sense and I'm really, really enjoying it. Thanks!
    Glad I could share. Become my go-to on political discussion because of how often I find myself second guessing or reconsidering my stance on certain things.
    Travis
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Alexander.Klassen, it depends.  If you're a hardcore student of history, I've heard his analysis can come off as basic with little nuance.  If you're completely new to the subject, I think they give you an excellent primer for the subjects, and he mentions the sources he uses which are undoubtedly great jumping off points.  

    I think the worst thing about DC for people who enjoy history is his fans that listen to one of his podcasts and consider themselves experts in the subject, which I gotta say, I've probably been guilty of from time to time.  But that's a problem more of the fan and of humanity than with his podcasts.  I was referred to "History in Our Time", a BBC podcast series as a way to take a step towards more serious history, but I found them way to dry and dense for my taste.  
    Travis
  • fidoz said:

    I really liked the series but though he kind of rushed the ending. Seemed like he wanted to get on to the next series. Regardless, Dan delivered again. I still the his "Ghost of the Osfront" and "Countdown to Armageddon" are his best works. 

    As much as I did enjoy all of it, I kind of got that read too. I kind of wish he had gone with 4 episodes as opposed to 3. 

    I really want a Grizzly Bear sidekick, but Daniel Rossen won't return my phone calls.

Sign In or Register to comment.