Diplomacy, Game #2

WarpFoxWarpFox Nashville, TN
edited August 2016 in Gaming
Congratulations to @Hatorian on winning our inaugural game as Austria!

imageimage

Now we're going to start up the new and improved Diplomacy experience with our second game, featuring all-new 24-hour phases! This means that once a phase begins, everyone will have 24 hours to strategize, negotiate, and put in orders, before the next phase.

There are a few other options I'd like to get you guys' feedback on, and I will edit this post to add in the game details as we figure them out.

1. Edit: Country assignment will be randomized

2. Edit: Deadlines will not be processed on weekends, Halloween, Christmas, or New Years.

3. Edit: Starting the game with 5 people.

Alright y'all. Let's gear up for round 2!

GAME DETAILS

Game Number: 121006
Game Name: Bald Move #2
Password: mildlyinteresting

Comments

• I'm in. 1. Random 2. Either is fine
    No Half Measures....
  • My buddy said he will be in but if someone wants to take his place then he is cool with thar
    No Half Measures....
  • 1. Random 2. Either way is fine with me.  
  • WarpFoxWarpFox Nashville, TN
    Okay, so far we have 4 players, including myself. 5 counting @Hatorian 's buddy. Should we go ahead and start it with 5, or try to get one or two more?
    I have no idea. It could be that way. Or, after it randomly assigns us countries, it might leave the other countries neutral with no occupying units. Never played a game without 7 players before.
  • Quick question. There seems to be a lot of bottlenecks where invading seems difficult. So when supporting an Attack does the supporting unit need to be adjacent to the country your attecking or just adjacent to the unit you are attacking with? Or both?
    No Half Measures....
  • I say start with 5 cuz doubtful were gonna get anyone else
    No Half Measures....
  • And since no one cares about weekends then probably just go with it
    No Half Measures....
    Hatorian said:

Quick question. There seems to be a lot of bottlenecks where invading seems difficult. So when supporting an Attack does the supporting unit need to be adjacent to the country your attecking or just adjacent to the unit you are attacking with? Or both?

To support a unit's move into a territory, the supporting unit only has to be adjacent to the territory where the invading unit is moving. So, for instance, if a unit wanted to invade Moscow from Sevastopol, but needed support, it could be supported by any unit in Ukraine, Warsaw, Livonia, or St. Petersburg. In other words, the supporting unit doesn't need to border the invading unit's current territory, only the territory where it is invading.
    The game is afoot!

Details in the main post. 5 players needed to start, so go ahead and join up.

Don't forget to confirm your participation when it is sent out once we have 5 players.
  • I'm in. i sent my co worker an email but doubtful he will read it over the weekend so most likely won't join until Monday.
    No Half Measures....
  • http://i65.tinypic.com/52e73n.png[/IMG]

It's much easier taking over the world when no one else is playing. Haha
    No Half Measures....
  • From looking at the game,  Germany and Italy are in civil disorder, which appears to mean they will not move or support their troops, and once dislodged their units are out of the game.  

From looking at the game,  Germany and Italy are in civil disorder, which appears to mean they will not move or support their troops, and once dislodged their units are out of the game.  

Correct. I wasn't sure how they'd handle that.

In other news, FUCKING ENGLAND. AGAIN. This will be my third-ever game, and all three times I've played as England.
  • Austria again.
    No Half Measures....
    If we do a game #3, we should maybe see if we can all agree on the countries we want to play as beforehand. As long as nobody's fighting over the same country, I don't see why we couldn't do that next time.
  • yea. its not random if you get the same country every time though. haha. i really dont care to be honest. especially since Germany and Italy are the two neutrals now. Being Austria aint so bad. 
    No Half Measures....
  • Just thinking out loud, but what would be interesting is a Diplomacy variant with some sort of army or fleet in transit rules. Allied armies or fleets from different powers could allow their allies to pass without having to cede territory.
    Hatorian
  • So everyone has surrendered except for me but the game is still goin? When will it end?
    No Half Measures....
  • That's silly.  I wasn't going to last long anyway.
    Alright, who's down for another game? I've been relistening to Dan Carlin's WWI episodes and they're giving me the itch to get overly invested in a game and overreact to acts of betrayal again.

It's been almost a year since our last game.
  • If there's patience for new players, I'd like to give it a go (I've never played before!). 

If there's patience for new players, I'd like to give it a go (I've never played before!). 

Definitely. The rules are fairly simple, and the site we play on (playdiplomacy.com) has a tutorial. I may make a new thread to get an idea for general interest, as people may be ignoring this one thinking that this convo still pertains to game #2
    CretanBull
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    I'm up for it again.  
    WarpFox