?6 Hype & Speculation

Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
edited August 2016 in American Horror Story
Season 6 starts in a few weeks and they still haven't announced the theme. There have been about a dozen promos, all of them wildly creepy and all of them completely different from each other, it would seem. (Look them up on youtube; crazy shit!) I heard someone from FX said that one of the promos we've seen is real and the others are red herrings. It sounds like a possibility but I have a feeling that is also misleading. Some of the promos seems to be intentionally constructed to echo different iconic horror films, including Nosferatu, Children of the Corn, Texas Chainsaw, Rosemary's Baby, and Signs. It seems to me that the series of promos, if you take them together, tell a story about movies and show business, which have been a huge part of AHS from the beginning. Season 5 brought us back to LA after 3 seasons away, and I am thinking that we are going to stay there with a season that's all about Hollywood. (It would be cool if they had the actors playing themselves at some point but I don't think Ryan Murphy would go full meta like that.)

What do you guys think?

Comments

• DeeDee Adelaide
    I could have sworn I read somewhere it was Roanoke?
    Cecily
  • WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    They said that only one of the promos were real and the other were fake. You won't find out until the premiere.
    I bailed halfway last season but these promos look good. Of course, they are just promos. They always put out good ones each year, sort of like the Walking Drad....
  • Yea I read it will be a surprise until the premiere
    Elisa
  • CecilyCecily Cincinnati
    I read somewhere that there were leaked photos from the set implying that is was Roanoke, which would be awesome.

Here's a link with all of the potential leads people are putting together for themes...https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/american-horror-story-season-6-trailers-theories
    Hatorian
  • Roanoke would be sweet.
  • trippy said:

I'm honestly less concerned about the theme and more hoping they don't go off the rails like they've seemed to do with the most recent seasons.  Freak Show was probably the worst example of this.  Started off absolutely great,  Twisty ruled.  Then it just got sooo stupid... IMHO

Agree. I still think Murder House is by far the best and no coincidence it's the most understated of the Seasons.
    For those interested, there is a possibility that the theme was released. Click if you'd like.
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    @WonderedObject I saw that! On one hand, it's kinda exciting because that promo was among the best of the lot, but I also think there's a lot of misdirection going on. I'm still betting on the theme being Hollywood and the film industry. 
    @Frakkin T i liked it too. Honestly I liked them all. They always know how to put out pretty great promos. Even the most recent dolls and spider ones were cool
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    I've only watched AHS: Hotel but loved it! I'm super excited for whatever comes our way -- I haven't watched any promos or read any articles... I want to be surprised :)
    Frakkin T