Who would you give the Oscar for best picture to?

FlashGordonFlashGordon Leeds, UK
edited January 2015 in Movies
So i'd done a best films of 2014 thread earlier, but as per 80% of the nominations were released in December.

Comments

• The only one I've seen in that list is The Imitation Game. Doesn't seem like I'm qualified to vote.
  • FlashGordonFlashGordon Leeds, UK
    edited January 2015
    My desire to see new movies, far outweighs any morals I have about internet Piracy and I go to the movies most weeks anyway, so I've seen 80% of them, only Selma that I haven't seen, could knock Budapest off top slot for me.

I think imitation game will probably get the Oscar tbh, so good to have seen that and like real democracy your entitled to vote despite how little knowledge you have about what your voting for.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I want to say Whiplash because I loved it, but Boyhood deserves it because it's so unique.
  • ksa1001ksa1001 Plano, TX
    Boyhood all the way. AMAZED that American Sniper is in this race and Gone Girl wasn't nominated for Picture, Director, Score or Screenplay!
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    Well if Captain America The Winter Soldier's not gonna win then the academy can go fuck itself
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited January 2015
    "Man Reserving Judgment On Best Actress Nominees Until Looking At All 5 Pictures" via the Onion (pretty amusing little bit)
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/man-reserving-judgment-on-best-actress-nominees-un,37778/
  • As much as I loved Grand Budapest and Whiplash and Boyhood, Theory of Everything got to me. Frankly, I'd be cool with any of those 4 winning.
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    seriously, american sniper is nominated for BEST FILM OF THE YEAR. eeeehhhhh my vote's for Birdman. Most incredible film experience I have had not only last year, but for a while.
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Grand Budapest Hotel for me. Such a great satire of life.