Feedback for Alpha Test of Justified Live Watch

Curious what other's thought? For me, the broadcast was about 60 seconds behind my television, so it was kinda frustrating. I was in a hotel, not on DVR, so I couldn't pause/make it delay to sync it up. FWIW, some of the commercials commentary was funny as shit. Also, I'd like to see you guys enable an audience feedback loop. You two naturally ask questions while watching, and I want to ping back with feedback. Even if it's just a open stream, not that Q/A system you use on lunch casts, I think it would be valuable.

Comments

• A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Just in case you missed it, here is the demo that you can watch along with Justified to get an idea of what we're trying to go for:

Thanks for the feedback, Shayne. In our in-studio testing, the feed was only 2-3 seconds behind, so it was an unpleasant shock to have all the problems in the initial going. I think I'm going to have to upgrade the connection on my place's end, because while we're slingboxing the content and streaming the livewatch it seems like there just isn't much left over. My girlfriend was trying to watch the live show, and as soon as she stopped, everything got better.

I think there is a new chatroom plug in for the google hangouts, which would be cool. The problem is we want to switch to youtube live streams instead of google hangout because the quality is much higher, but youtube doesn't support any of that.

I think what we're going to try to do is resurrect the baldmove.com/video page, embed the youtube link there, and also embed a chat app. That way we wouldn't have to constantly send out new youtube links, everyone knows where to go to get the live stuff, and there will be a feedback option built in. I think it's nifty that you can use the Q&A app to navigate the video, but I don't think that one cool feature is worth the terrible video quality and lack of real time feedback.
  • I didnt watch it live, so it was obviously easier to sync up then, but it was good, funny getting J&A's reactions and making wise cracks in the commercials. If you're watching after the fact technical issues aren't really a problem but I guess that kind of misses the point.

I think it will be fantastic when Walking dead is on for bull shit calling and seeing the reaction to set pieces.