Telltale TWD Season 3

I missed that news recently but S3 will come out in just 2 months, with a new character & Clementine returning:
http://ign.com/articles/2016/09/02/pax-2016-telltales-the-walking-dead-season-3-official-title-revealed

It looks like they'll just flash forward a few years, which could avoid the nightmare that giving 3-4 different endings in S2 would have given them.
Jovial_Falcon

Comments

• I ended S2 with just Clem and the baby. I'm curious how different it will be for BM since they stayed with the woman and went back to that factory building
    Shit, you shoot me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
  • DrewDrew indianapolis
    I went back with Jane as well, I imagine there will be a cold open like season 2 that will get everyone to the same point regardless of how the ended season 2. I wish it was just Clem, after these 2 seasons I have a real attachment to her and the new character just looks like generic video game guy.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    edited September 2016
    Cool! I can't wait to check in on Bad Guy Clementine.
    Michelle
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    The Bad Guy Lee casts actually got me to finish the first season.  Telltale games are perfect for Bald Move.

How does an entire zombie apocalypse happen during the drive from county to state prison?
    Natter Cast - Television Worth Talking About
    www.nattercast.com
  • Nathan Winterfell, The North, Westeros
    Hopefully they've fixed the engine. And the writing. Especially the story.

Season 2 was bad. In fact, Telltale producing a good game right now seems to be a Targaryen coin flip.

Every day, it gets a little easier. But you gotta do it every day - that's the hard part. But it does get easier.

• I doubt that TTG will update or create a new engine anytime soon. It maybe convenience keeping them from doing it considering all the platforms their games are on. I may come back to play their games but GoT & TWD2 pissed me off so much that I've passed on Minecraft SM, Michonne TWD & Batman. I get the idea of fast forwarding but not particularly happy about it, especially if we aren't controlling Clementine anymore. I would have been much interested in a new season of the Wolf among Us.
    "I muffle motherfuckers up like Meineke"  Ghostface Killah

• For anyone interested, on the Telltale games website, A New Frontier episode 1 will premiere on December 20, 2016.

Release Dates

• PC - "Premieres the week of 12/20"
    • Xbox One - "Premieres the week of 12/20"
    • Playstation 4 - "Premieres the week of 12/20"
    • Xbox 360 - "Premieres the week of 12/20"
    • Playstation 3 - "Premieres the week of 12/20"
    • iOS - "Premieres the week of 12/20"
    • Android - "Premieres the week of 12/20"
    MelonuskDoubleA_Ron

• edited November 2016
    https://telltale.com/assets/blt57c5d56082f41b4e/TWD_ANF_retail_boxes_1920x1080_ESRB_group_web.jpg

Fellow Survivors... many of you have been waiting for this. Today we can share the premiere date for The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series - A New Frontier! The third season in the critically-acclaimed series will premiere digitally worldwide starting Tuesday December 20th on PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, iOS and Android.

Beginning February 7th, the series will also be available for purchase on a special 'Season Pass Disc' for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at retail. The disc will include the first of five episodes in the third season, and will provide access to the subsequent four episodes as they become available for download.

You can actually preorder the season right now digitally and at retailers, and there are a couple of special bonus offers for those who jump in early. PlayStation 4 users can preorder the digital version by visiting the product page on the PlayStation store, and you'll receive a complementary copy of The Walking Dead: Season Two and The Walking Dead: Michonne to tide you over until the new season releases!

For Steam users, you can preorder the season by visiting the product page on Steam, and will receive a discount of 10% as a thank you for preordering.

The new art released today includes a couple of faces you might recognize, and a couple of new ones as well. While we're keeping a lot of the specifics on who exactly these characters are under wraps just a little longer, we can share a bit more info today on what the upcoming season is really all about.

When family is all you have left... how far will you go to protect it? Four years after society was ripped apart by undead hands, pockets of civilization emerge from the chaos. But at what cost? Can the living be trusted on this new frontier? As Javier, a young man determined to find the family taken from him, you meet a young girl who has experienced her own unimaginable loss. Her name is Clementine, and your fates are bound together in a story where every choice you make could be your last.

That not enough for you? There's still more to come ahead of the premiere date! We'll be revealing a special extended first look at the premiere episode live on stage at The Game Awards on Thursday December 1st - be sure to watch for a substantial sneak peek!

For more news and information on the season, stay tuned right here to telltale.com, follow @telltalegames on Twitter, and on follow our page on Facebook.com/TheWalkingDeadGame.

What do YOU think is coming up in this all-new season? Speculate with other players in the community discussions!

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I saw this on the PSN store, I must have just breezed over the description, because I thought it was just a bundle of S2 and Michonne. Awesome. I am sort of surprised we haven't received a trailer for this yet. 
  • https://youtu.be/YYPPmSBnnUQ

The Walking Dead A New Frontier Trailer

Man, they don't make bed posts like they used to. 
  • Anybody play the first 2 eps yet?
    Don't you put that evil on me, Ricky Bobby!
  • I have! They're... OK. The twist at the end of Ep 2 was pretty cool.
  • I watched two episode 1 playthroughs.  I know graphics is not everything and Telltale seems hellbent to continue to use its outdated engine but everytime TTG comes with a new series all I can think is upgrade your fucking engine. 

• It's extra irritating that they're product hasn't expanded past previous consoles... but it won't work on a 360.

I'm just watching play throughs this time round I guess.
  • TiffanyTiffany Alabama
    So glad to see the guys playing this one. The playthroughs are my favorite content and I may be in the minority, but I like the style of these telltale games. easy to play and easy to watch.
    FernNYC17
  • Tiffany said:

The playthroughs are my favorite content and I may be in the minority, but I like the style of these telltale games. easy to play and easy to watch.

Totally agreed!
    FernNYC17
  • Tiffany said:

So glad to see the guys playing this one. The playthroughs are my favorite content and I may be in the minority, but I like the style of these telltale games. easy to play and easy to watch.

Agreed! The Wolf Among Us would be a great watch, it gives you far more options to play the bad guy!  
    MelonuskDoubleA_Ron
  • @LKSmith2 Completely agree, Wolf Among Us was fun to play as the bad guy. Although I couldn't go all the way, got a bit attached to the story.
  • LKSmith2 said:

Tiffany said:

Agreed! The Wolf Among Us would be a great watch, it gives you far more options to play the bad guy!  

I was literally just thinking this the other night... man that would be a fun watch.
    Jim bought the entire Tell Tale collection during the last Steam holiday sale.  Our thought is to work our way through the back catalog in between new releases, and try to do at least one a month.
    Melonusk

Jim bought the entire Tell Tale collection during the last Steam holiday sale.  Our thought is to work our way through the back catalog in between new releases, and try to do at least one a month.

What is on the docket that you guys haven't covered yet? Borderlands, Batman, A Wolf Among Us...(Did you guys ever do the 400 Days in The Walking Dead universe) Minecraft, Back to the Future, Jurassic Park? 

Shit, that is a lot. 
    Yep!  Should keep us busy for awhile.  I'm most interested in Wolf, Batman, and Guardians of the Galaxy, so depending on what Jim says, those might have some suction to them.
  • @Jim @A_Ron_Hubbard I love the Telltale playthroughs but TWD New Frontier Episode 2 was completely unwatchable to me because the game video freezes every 3-4 seconds. It's not a problem with the video itself, the J & A cams are fine, it's only the game video capture that freezes. I could only take about 5 minutes of it before turning it off, which sucks because I do want to watch it.

Is it a Telltale problem? Their video can be infamously choppy. Last night I was playing Batman, and Bruce Wayne's head would swivel in Exorcist like ways for no apparent reason. No other glitches were going on and it was during a really quiet moment in the game. I have to say I wish I'd recorded it because it had me in stitches. 

Regardless, I'm not sure why its such an issue for them to get their shit together in this regard. 
    Well, it certainly wasn't that way when we recorded it.  I know you all hear this like a broken record, but we've really changed how we're recording game footage in the last month and it might take a while to dial in.  We did several test recordings that day, so it's really disappointing to see it be shit as a result.  

The cameras and audio are fine in the video, so that probably rules out the streaming software, and the game ran like silk as we were playing it, so that's fine, the culprit is probably the capture card we used to record game play, but I don't know why it would shit out on us after working flawlessly for episode one.  The card we are using, an El Gato, is fairly highly regarded in the streaming community.  Jim was using it to stream all holiday, we're really puzzled by this.  We had a good "stream health" indicator the entire time we were recording.

Anyway, sorry, we'll work on it!
    FernNYC17ghm3Melonusk

Regardless, I'm not sure why its such an issue for them to get their shit together in this regard. 
    Oh and to be clear, @A_Ron_Hubbard the "them" I was referring to is Telltale, not you guys. You guys produce the best possible content that two men running this sort of operation could be expected to. Love all y'all.