Westworld mini-review by Matt Zoeller Seitz

FYI: This week's Vulture TV podcast features some of the first commentary I've heard from a known critic on HBO's Westworld. 

Natter CastMelonusk

Comments

• For anybody who's listened was it generally positive?
  • hypergenesbhypergenesb Atlanta
    edited September 2016
    Yes - generally positive. He said he's seen 2 eps. It's near the beginning of the episode, so you don't have to go far into the episode to hear what he has to say. 

Edit - Just looked it up: It starts at the 3 min mark. He calls it "really, really violent. And it left me a little bit cold, which I think it's supposed to." He says a lot more. Give it a listen...
    Elisa
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Awesome.  I was to the point with the last trailer where I just couldn't believe this wasn't going to be at least an interesting watch, if not amazing. Just too much talent and intriguing ideas for it to fall flat on its face. 
    ElisaSantosLHalper
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    After seeing the first trailer, I've decided to go into this one as blind as possible. It seems so bananas I just don't want to know anymore until it is time. With that said, I am really glad to hear that it is getting positive buzz.
  • A_Ron_Hubbard I agree with what you've said about the trailer/and or trailers for that matter.  I cant remember if you've said anything or not but are you and Jim doing a podcast for Westworld?
    I shouldn't speak for @A_Ron_Hubbard , but I've heard them mention that they would be. So unless something has changed...
    Also they J&A had discussed maybe doing a podcast of the Westworld movie prior to the television show as sort of a lead-in.
  • I shouldn't speak for @A_Ron_Hubbard , but I've heard them mention that they would be. So unless something has changed...
    Also they J&A had discussed maybe doing a podcast of the Westworld movie prior to the television show as sort of a lead-in.

Thats kinda what I remember too.  Thanks for the response!
  • @SantosLHalper  Yes, they are definitely doing a Westworld cast. 
    Elisa
  • chriskchrisk Indianapolis
    So, is this going to be a regular series with Anthony Hopkins? Or is he just guesting? I thought this was planned as a miniseries, but now I get the impression it's a continuing series.
    It will be a continuing series. They are planning on 5-6 seasons I think. They already have an end-game planned and everything.
    Elisa