I made a cool thing!

tpelzytpelzy Dallas
edited September 2016 in Mad Men Happy Hour
I've been learning to code on the side this summer. Mad Men also happens to be my favorite TV show. This is one the projects I've been working on. It's a random quote generator. It only has quotes from the first season, but I'm going to go back and update it and fix some things here and there. Just thought I'd share it with you guys. I honestly forgot how funny the first season was. My personal favorite has to be this one:

"How do you sleep?"
Don - "On a bed made of money."

• TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    Way cool
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Nice job!!!
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Very nice!  I miss the days of being able to come up with screwy side projects just to make me happy / learn stuff.  Although Bald Move is just arguably an out of control side project conceived just to make me happy / learn stuff, so no ragrets.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Wait, have you already started updating it, or did that fantastic Roger quote where he told Joan she was the finest piece of ass he'd ever have really happen in season one??
  • Yeah, I thought that was after he had his heart attack.
  • Btw @A_Ron_Hubbard I've been re-listening to the Mad Men Happy Hour podcasts from season 5 and damn, if ever there was a show screaming out for a rewatch podcast starting at the pilot episode (aside from Lost and GoT), this is it. I would love to hear your guys' take on the earlier seasons.
  • edited September 2016
    @Michelle ;From what I remember, there was a rewatch podcast planned, but it never happened. There was also an interview with someone involved with the show (can't remember who) but it never got released (unless it was a Club-only thing, I'm not sure). Would definitely love to hear both of them though.
  • @A_Ron_Hubbard Yup that was season 1.
  • @SomeBiscuit I remember that. I was really disappointed when it didn't happen. Maybe they'll change their minds one day. :)
  • yes, I too would Love a re-watch of Mad Men!  I didn't find this podcast until the second to last season and I would love to relive it with you guys!  I miss Don and Peggy and Pete :(