210 - eps2.8_h1dden-pr0cess.axx

Written and directed by Sam Esmail.
Melia004Melonusk

Comments

• Well I know someone (cough cough) will comment on the written and directed.

Anyways, Mr Robot sure does know how to end an episode. Between the "train" and the "restaurant" it ratcheted up the suspense. I was totally wrapped up from beginning to end, the only thing breaking it up was commercials.

I'm sure someone has already looked up what the address is? Elliot working with SIGAM was interesting to watch. Seeing the wavering and that I want you to find him, but I don't. It seems he has a history of "esentric" clientele.

The pieces are failing in place for Price as well. Maybe last week we saw that lashing out wanting to be the most powerful man in the room. Burning the country he lives in for the long term win is interesting. Wih the takeover of ECoin he is truly a world power.

If Elliot is the head of all of this, what if he is the one who has ordered all of the hits and cleanup. We already know he is capable of shutting off certain memories to save his "real" self. Also of interesting note watching Hacking robot a line from Season 1 (spoken by Whiterose to Elliot) every hacker has a fascination you have people, I have time. Elliot may in the end may be a master manipulator.

And a small shoutout to the Angela and Elliot kiss. I think he almost broke her with that. We can see now that all of that darkness we have been seeing was a front to try to be part of the group, this scene I guess showed it as a failure.
    Elisahypergenesb
  • edited September 2016
    Written by Kor Adana & Randolph Leon lol.  @hypergenesb

That was another great one, probably in the top 4 this season.  Once that pounding synth started around the 30 minute mark, it was on.  I have no idea the significance of that address, but I guess we know it's not Elliot calling and it's implied that it's not Tyrell either.  The address seemed to spook the government issue guy.  E-Corp? Finally, when Dom walked into the diner and the shooter got off in the foreground, I nearly dropped my glass.  Really amazing stuff.  Just great execution anchored by familiar rules and world building.

And from now on I don't want to hear anyone say that people get stuck in the minutia/details.  This fucking show panned around an apartment for a minute and literally asked us to search for clues. 
    KingKobraElisahypergenesbAshleyBlanchMikejhazenMelonuskLacloakeakritenbrink
  • I'm pretty sure that's a rap for Cisco, but it looks like Darlene will be fine, though. I wonder if the timing was poor for Dom or if they decided to pull the trigger when they saw that there was no fixing it. 
    ghm3
  • edited September 2016
    Ok, I looked up the address, there are a few offices in that building. The really interesting one is within "12 meters" though.

Church of Scientology
    ElisaGredalBee
  • The last scene of that episode was one of the most artful things i've seen on a television show. I don't think the show would have the balls to kill of Darlene and not show it right away. The only possible exception is that they're saving that reveal to show to the audience and Elliot simultaneously for maximum effect. 

Another thing that occured to me... So Darlene is either dead or in police custody. Elliot is totally fucked right? He already has a criminal record for hack related crimes, and his sister has been implicated in the 5/9 hacks as of the end of the episode. No way Dom doesn't immediately connect those dots. Does he end this season on the run? I doubt he's gonna end up in jail again, that could be a show killer.
    Elisa
  • Dummy said:

I'm pretty sure that's a rap for Cisco, but it looks like Darlene will be fine, though. I wonder if the timing was poor for Dom or if they decided to pull the trigger when they saw that there was no fixing it. 

I would say the show may have it to kill Darlene, especially with her being so exposed. The DA might have been doing a 2 for 1 deal.
    DummyElisa
  • The last scene of that episode was one of the most artful things i've seen on a television show. I don't think the show would have the balls to kill of Darlene and not show it right away. The only possible exception is that they're saving that reveal to show to the audience and Elliot simultaneously for maximum effect. 

Another thing that occured to me... So Darlene is either dead or in police custody. Elliot is totally fucked right? He already has a criminal record for hack related crimes, and his sister has been implicated in the 5/9 hacks as of the end of the episode. No way Dom doesn't immediately connect those dots. Does he end this season on the run? I doubt he's gonna end up in jail again, that could be a show killer.
    I think we have been setup for her to find out, but her bosses to ignore it. She has been giving them good leads and information only to have it ignored or advice ignored.
    Elisa
  • Ugh. When will a show have the balls to drop the "we have to do the right thing" bullshit? How are we supposed to reconcile these people being determined enough to cause worldwide mayhem, but TOO STUPID TO GTF AWAY FROM THE HOSPITAL? Is there any reason for this monumentally naive thought process other than to lead the plot? Why did it matter if they knew the guy's status after they got him to the hospital? None of this makes any sense, ESPECIALLY to Darlene who basically states "I'm tired of (having to be so careful)". Is it not enough that Dom has some spider-sense about everything; Darlene and Cisco have to be so blatantly UNcareful as well? Sloppy...
    alexander.klassenGarrison66darwinfeeshy
  • If you're in the dark army, and your task is to shoot up 2 people in a diner..... why would you walk up slowly and in a straight line towards a fucking big window in such a way that everybody and their granny has time to see you and duck for cover?
    Garrison66darwinfeeshy
  • It did look badass. Maybe the rule of cool applies.
    KingKobraElisaakritenbrinkdarwinfeeshy
  • There's much that frustrated me with this episode. I hope The 2 hour finale is worth the wait; I don't think I can stomach another second of this weekly tease fest, is this real, is mr robot lying, who did Angela see on the train, Damn you Esmail!!!!!!!
    ElisaGarrison66Melonusk
  • adobo1148 said:

There's much that frustrated me with this episode. I hope The 2 hour finale is worth the wait; I don't think I can stomach another second of this weekly tease fest, is this real, is mr robot lying, who did Angela see on the train, Damn you Esmail!!!!!!!

At this point, it seems inevitable that we'll get a "who is it?" cliffhanger for the whole season, just like last year. I'm starting to think Robert Kirkman and Sam Esmail are best friends, and card-carrying members of the Incorrect Cliffhanger Club...
    Garrison66darwinfeeshy
  • This lame thing of ending every episode with characters being alarmed by somebody we can't see needs its own TV Tropes entry.
    Garrison66darwinfeeshy
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    I hate the dark army they seem like there more into the esthetics of stuff more than results. Also is the FBI the keystone cops? comon man!
    Garrison66
  • Okay Mr. Robot, you really need to remember to end your episodes with an exclamation point, not a question mark. It's nowhere near as bad as TWD, but with them doing it two episodes in a row, as well as the one at the end of season 1, it risks becoming a bad habit. Shame, because other than that this was a fantastic episode, and I'm excited for the finale.
  • Wow, more negativety than I was expecting. I enjoyed this episode quite a bit. It was pretty ballsey to go full Dora the Explorer in Elliot's apartment, and the buildup to the shootout was super suspenseful and artfully done. I really hope Esmail nails the finale.
    DummyElisaKingKobraalexander.klassenLacloake
  • This episode was super tense. I still don't understand what Angela is doing but thought everything else was great.

Were the Dark Army assassin guys following Dom, Darlene and Cisco, or both?
    Elisa
  • I kind of thought the dark army saw Ciscos face on TV and Dom just happened to be there when they showed up to take him/Darlene out...
    ElisaKingKobra
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    edited September 2016
    the dark army just shoots up places on the reg just in case someone on there huge kill list is there. Thing is Dom is there at those random places to keep them in check.

The motorcycle driver couldn't wait a second more to help a bro out.
    ElisaGarrison66Melonusk
  • edited September 2016
    This is kind of amazing!

Melia004kingbee67April_May_Juneghm3Garrison66MelonuskGredalBeedarwinfeeshy
  • One for the Clash of Clans fans:

• This episode was super tense. I still don't understand what Angela is doing but thought everything else was great.

None (IMO), but in sure they have Ciscos phone or another way to track him. As soon as he showed up on TV it was game over (as we all knew it would be). The DA is very resourceful and is much bigger than we probably realize.
  • KingKobra said:

This episode was super tense. I still don't understand what Angela is doing but thought everything else was great.

None (IMO), but in sure they have Ciscos phone or another way to track him. As soon as he showed up on TV it was game over (as we all knew it would be). The DA is very resourceful and is much bigger than we probably realize.
    They may have been following Dom, due to the FemToCell.
    The_Third_Man
  • Now I'm thinking that Scott Knowles is behind the gifts/calls to Joanna. Why else would GIF react so negatively?
    Garrison66MelonuskDoctor_Nick
  • I was starting to get annoyed with the tense music going on and on, but Dom being a badass in the finale made up for it. Normally the straightforward "good" characters aren't that interesting, but in this show everyone else is so weak and delusional that Dom looks like a god by comparison.

And I feel bad for harping on her again, but Angela is so terrible. "We can't beat them, I've tried." Ya, you made one obvious and feeble attempt without any contingency plan and then bailed. I'm guessing she's about to be captured by the Dark Army and used as leverage against Elliot, but if that's the case I won't be on the edge of my seat hoping that Elliot can save her. Quite the opposite.
  • It's a shame the show doesn't have the balls to do something bold like kill off Darlene in that last scene. Cisco is dead for sure, his head basically turns to red mist when the SMG opens up, but there's no way Darlene is dead. 

It's still an interesting well-shot scene, but I'd have a lot more respect for the show if they just clearly unambiguously offed Cisco and Darlene Scorsese style. 
  • I wonder if that diner scene will be Darlene's "half measure" moment. She declared herself as ok with killing the lawyer, and she probably would have been ok with killing the injured guy. I can see her leaving the restaurant will Dom talks to the cops and being the "Madame Executioner" going forward. 
    akritenbrink
  • NathanNathan Winterfell, The North, Westeros
    ghm3 said:

It's a shame the show doesn't have the balls to do something bold like kill off Darlene in that last scene. Cisco is dead for sure, his head basically turns to red mist when the SMG opens up, but there's no way Darlene is dead. 

It's still an interesting well-shot scene, but I'd have a lot more respect for the show if they just clearly unambiguously offed Cisco and Darlene Scorsese style. 
    I don't understand why it would be ballsy to kill off Darlene like that. We're only just starting to get a hold of her character, so why would they kill her off so soon after developing her.

This isn't The Walking Dead. And we've already lost Gideon, Romero, Cisco, and possibly Trenton and Mobley. Darlene wasn't the target, so it makes sense that she survives, ESPECIALLY if DA knows that she is Elliot's sister.

"Hey Elliot, we killed your sister. Still wanna work with us for Phase 2 instead of joining with the FBI and Dom for vengeance?"
    Elisaahauntedworld
  • Does the FBI have any evidence on Darlene? Is it reasonable that she just plays the ignorant girlfriend and is let go?
  • Melia004 said:

KingKobra said:

This episode was super tense. I still don't understand what Angela is doing but thought everything else was great.

They may have been following Dom, due to the FemToCell.
    Or at least monitoring the FBI's transmissions/calls. Once she called in the location it was game over.