Best episode ?

Was wondering what you guys think is the best episode and why personally I can't pick one but I'm thinking the season 7 premier could be it.

Comments

• The one where rick cuts Jessies hand off, Carl gets shot...that was epic.
    TaraC73
  • Think the season 7 premier could be better ?
  • No Sanctuary (Season 5, Episode 1)
    Travis
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH

Season one finale
  • S1 premiere, "Days Gone Bye." 
    voodooratDeehisdudeness915tom_gNathan
  • Missing fucks notwithstanding, Rick's throat-rippage--416, "A"
    pavlovsbellAshleyTaraC73
  • No Sanctuary (Season 5, Episode 1)

Though I'm also quite partial to this one, too
    Travis
  • Also this thread really illustrates the fact that TWD can do openers and closers, but not much else.
    pavlovsbelliMatty94TaraC73
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited September 2016
    I like a lot of what has been said. But choosing one that hasn't would be "this sorrowful life" really enjoyed Merle's redemption arc and it was a great end to his character. Season 1 Merle was just a racist bigot asshole but season 3 Merle was a much more tragic and nuanced character that had real development.

Edit: and of course Clear.
    TaraC73
  • Surprisingly no Votes for Vatos or Tell it to the Frogs

I still think the series has never been better then the pilot episode, I had to watch more after that. I might have some regrets on that but the pilot was amazing. 

Season 6b started really well before falling off a cliff or under a dumpster. 
    HatorianTravis
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited September 2016
    z74al said:

Missing fucks notwithstanding, Rick's throat-rippage--416, "A"

Yep. And the scene between Daryl and Rick sitting next to the car where Rick tells Daryl he's his Brother. Solid episode with some great scenes and emotional weight.
    pavlovsbellTaraC73
  • AshleyAshley Atlanta, GA
    edited September 2016
    z74al said:

Missing fucks notwithstanding, Rick's throat-rippage--416, "A"

This is definitely my favorite episode, though I think a lot of season 4 was strong. I really liked that MSF, Too Far Gone (where Hershel dies), as well as the MSP that focuses on Michonne and Carl.

And mostly for Richonne reasons, I LOVE 3x12 and 6x10.

pavlovsbell
  • After the series premiere, "A" is my favorite episode. It's near-perfect, and I think a lot of credit is due to Michelle MacLaren's directing. After that would be "Clear," but the series premiere still ranks far above everything else, imo. 

My favorite stretch of the series is the back half of S4 and the first few episodes of S5. I particularly like "Four Walls and a Roof."

AshleyTravis
  • Which episode has the "hey you in the tank" scene? That was a great episode as well.
    Travis
  • I think it's got to be the pilot, but I'm also glad to see some rep for Carol getting crazy on Terminus. I was going to say that one, having taken for granted just how amazing the pilot was since it's been a while since I've seen it. So, I've really got nothing new to bring to the table, but those are my favorites.
  • Days Gone Bye (Episode 1.01), Clear (3.12), and A (4.16) are the best episodes I can think of, and they've all been mentioned here.