Snowden or Sully

TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
My baby girl started kindergarten last week... for the first time in 5 years I have lots of free time during the day - yay me!!

My husband has no desire to see Snowden or Sully, and I am equally intrigued by both stories, so I'm going to go to the movies SOLO and see something this week. (43 years old and never been to a movie alone!!)

Which would you see? *slightly* leaning towards Sully because it's almost guarantee i'll love it; but I am endlessly fascinated by Snowden's story.
akritenbrink

Comments

• Sully.
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    akritenbrinkTaraC73TheEconomist
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Going to movies alone is an awesome experience that not enough people do. I don't have advice on which to see since I have seen neither...however Sully is getting much better reviews.
    TheEconomistJaimieT
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    Maybe listen to the Bald Move podcast about Snowden first? That might help you make up your mind. 
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Sully if you want to feel good about yourself and your country, Snowden if you want to feel bad about yourself and your country.
    hisdudeness915DrKenSomeBiscuitVasilnate1
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    Yeah @Frakkin T if I enjoy going solo it will definitely become a regular thing!

LOL @A_Ron_Hubbard

@akritenbrink that's a good idea. I'm gonna do that!
    akritenbrink
    @Garthgou81 yeah, I'm kind of excited to give it a try. The opportunity just never presented itself... closest I got was me and my newborn going to see the footloose remake while my son and a few of his friends went to see Puss in Boots. I slept through the whole thing hahaha!!!
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    @TaraC73 take yourself out to lunch, too :) You get to pick the restaurant 100% of the time when you are by yourself. :) 
    TaraC73

@TaraC73 take yourself out to lunch, too :) You get to pick the restaurant 100% of the time when you are by yourself. :) 

That sounds like a plan!!
    akritenbrink
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited May 13
    About an hour into Sully now. It's way better than I expected. Basically, it does for patriotic incident movies what American Sniper fails miserably at doing for patriotic war movies.

Doesn't hurt that it also shows just how fucking incredible New York City is. That place might not ever have enough movies, documentaries, tv shows, or music made about it. It's nickname should be "Infinite City."
  • @Freddy Check out American Experience: The Blackout on Netflix if you haven't already, it's a pretty interesting little documentary about the '77 NYC blackout. I had no idea of just how many damn fires were started during the blackout until I saw it, it's pretty crazy.
    Freddy
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited May 13
    Will do. While we're at it, one of the largest art exhibits in the history of mankind was created and destroyed within a span of about 50 years: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graffiti_in_New_York_City

Still being created and destroyed as a matter of fact.
  • Vasilnate1Vasilnate1 Salem, MA
    how are these 2 films still in the theater?
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    edited May 14

how are these 2 films still in the theater?

Original question dates September.