What movie lines have stuck with you over the years?

Comments

• I'll cut your heart out with a spoon!!!!!
    - Robin Hood Prince of Thieves
    pavlovsbell
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited September 2016
    @pavlovsbell Ha! Sorry for the Rushmore choke attack. Man, that movie is so damned good. I'm about due myself. I think it must have been at least 3 years or so. I need to watch Tenenbaums too. That movie comes in at number one or two all time for me, personally (depending on the day). Man, it's been way too long.
    pavlovsbell
  • adobo1148 said:

I'll cut your heart out with a spoon!!!!!
    - Robin Hood Prince of Thieves

That must be a good one, because I remember this also despite having struck that movie from memory:

"Why a spoon, cousin? Seems like an axe--"
    "Because it's dull, you twit! It'll hurt more!"
    ryanfosteradobo1148
  • adobo1148 said:

Is the Colonel's underwear a matter of national security?
    - A Few Good Men

"Charge him with what? Possession of a condiment?"
  • Can't have this discussion without So I married an Axe murderer

"Heeed, move"
    " I hate the Colonel with his weee beady eyes, and that smug look, ohhhh, you're gonna buy my chicken, ohhh"
    "How can you hate the colonel, because he puts an addictive element in his chicken that makes ya crave it fortnightly smart arse"
    kingbee67AntManBeebc9499
  • edited September 2016
    Can't believe I forgot this one from Axe Murderer
    "He started pissing into the bitch's ocular cavity, this way to the cafeteria."
    RIP Phil Hartman
    Travis
  • "Boys got a head like Sputnik. Spherical, yet pointy at parts."
    Dee
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    edited September 2016
    Travis said:

"Boys got a head like Sputnik. Spherical, yet pointy at parts."

Oh my god, that entire scene where he's at his parents' is pretty much the funniest thing I've ever seen in a movie. And Anthony La Paglia is losing his shit for real. So good.

"He'll be cryin himself to sleep tonight on his giant pilla!" I'm pissing myself laughing now just thinking about it. :-D

Travis
  • I could pull about 100 quotes from this one:

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

ryanfosterTravis
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    AntManBee said:

I could pull about 100 quotes from this one:

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

We can't stop here, this is bat country!
    AntManBeeTravis
  • It's not from a movie, but "There you go ... givin' a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck" is one of my favorites.

I also really like : "You're lucky. He's lucky, I'm lucky, we're all lucky!" from Rocky Horror Picture Show.
    AntManBeeTravis
  • The "I drink your milkshake" scene has a bunch of memorable lines, but the ones that stick with me the most are:

"They should have put you in a glass....jaaaarrrrr, on the mantlepiece" and
    "DRAAAAAAAIIIIINNNNNNAAAAAGGGGEEEEEE, DRRRRAAAAIIIINNNNNAAAAGGGEEE, Eli, you boy"

Can't wait for the commisioned cast. 
    ghm3alexander.klassen
  • Dumb and Dumber for sure is probably my most quoted movie. Simply because it was one of the only VHS tapes I owned so it got watched a million times. So many classics its hard to pick a favorite. but if i did it would be. 

"Just when I thought you can't possibly get any dumber, you go and do something like this.....and totally reedeem yourself!

Obviously the standard Star Wars quotes. Force is with you, yada yada. 

Scarface: "Say hello to my little friend"

So many great one liners from Arnold as well. "Ill be back" "Stick Around" "Get to da chopper"

Goodfellas: "What, am I funny like a clown? Do I amuse you?"

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Can I state my favorite TV Quotes?  Arrested Development is by far what sticks with me the most:

"I'm afraid I just blue myself."

"I love juice!"

"Who would like a banger in the mouth?"
    "Sausage.  We just call it a sausage."
    "I'm sorry.  Who wants a sausage in the mouth?"

"I've made a huge mistake."

"Here's some money.  Go see a Star War."

"I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it."

"You want your belt to buckle, not your chair."

"Do you guys know where I could get one of those gold necklaces with the "T" on it?"
    "Its a cross."
    "Across from where?"
    Tyler_DurdenTravisDaveyMacBigSmell
  • Can I state my favorite TV Quotes?  Arrested Development is by far what sticks with me the most:

"I'm afraid I just blue myself."

"I love juice!"

"Who would like a banger in the mouth?"
    "Sausage.  We just call it a sausage."
    "I'm sorry.  Who wants a sausage in the mouth?"

"I've made a huge mistake."

"Here's some money.  Go see a Star War."

"I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it."

"You want your belt to buckle, not your chair."

"Do you guys know where I could get one of those gold necklaces with the "T" on it?"
    "Its a cross."
    "Across from where?"
    From BB, Walter/Heisenberg says, " am I the only professional here, when did this stop being a business." I always felt that line captured the distance between the person We see as Walter White, and the person he eventually becomes, Heisenberg.

TaraC73
  • @adobo1148 To piggyback on the BB quotes, I hit one of my co-workers with one yesterday. "They're not rocks, they're minerals!!" That one has stuck with me and I try to whip it out anytime the situation dictates.
    TaraC73elgat0adobo1148
  • elgat0elgat0 Clearwater
    "Now go home and get your fucking shine box"  GOODFELLAS

"Charlie don't surf" APOCALYPSE NOW

"Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye."   2001
    I think of this one frequently when dealing with an idiot.
    TaraC73
  • elgat0 said:

"Now go home and get your fucking shine box"  GOODFELLAS

"Charlie don't surf" APOCALYPSE NOW

"Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye."   2001
    I think of this one frequently when dealing with an idiot.

Great ones, there.

One more from AN: "Shit... charging a man with murder in this place was like handing out speeding tickets in the Indy 500."

One more from 2001: "My mind is going...I can feel it..." I always think of that one when I'm having a lousy day at work.

elgat0
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    Machete don't text

LOL!!!
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    Watching the news this morning. They showed the kid wearing Jose Fernandez helmet. The kid never hit a home run this year. He hits one, rounds the bases with tears in his eyes. I'm sitting there saying "there is no crying in baseball."

DummyHatorian

"Arrested Development" comes up for me all the time. A few more here in addition to the ones you already listed:

"No touching!"

"There's always money in the banana stand."

"Coo coo ca cha" and all the various chicken sounds.

"Her?"

"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."

And the list could go on. 
    pavlovsbell
  • @DaveyMac

"... or candy!"

I use "Her?" a lot. Arrested Development quotes inevitably lead to Archer quotes.
    DaveyMac
  • "Careful Ryan, some things in here don't react well to bullets."
    Hunt for Red October
  • Not my favorite movie ever (or even the best of the franchise) but a pretty good one, and these have always been two quotes that jump to mind unbidden from it:

"Game over, man!  Game over!" --Hudson, Aliens

"[...]nuke the entire site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure."  --Ripley, Aliens
  • Evvvveeerrrryyyyyooonnneeeeeeee (Norman Stansfield in the Professional).
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    "Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it."
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    edited November 2016
    "English, mother fucker do you speak it??!!"  - doesn't get any better than that. 

“We got no food, we got no jobs, our pets heads are falling off!” — Dumb and Dumber 

"They're eating her, and then they're gunna eat me. aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!" - Troll 2

and pretty much every line from The Princess Bride....

Okay, some serious ones... :)

"A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends, and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day." - Aragorn from Return of the King

"Our songs will all be silenced, but what of it? Go on singing."  - Orson Welles, from "F For Fake"

• Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited November 2016
    Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my BOOMSTICK!

- Army of Darkness
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    edited November 2016
    @pavlovsbell Ha! Sorry for the Rushmore choke attack. Man, that movie is so damned good. I'm about due myself. I think it must have been at least 3 years or so. I need to watch Tenenbaums too. That movie comes in at number one or two all time for me, personally (depending on the day). Man, it's been way too long.
    @DaveyMac
    "... or candy!"
    I use "Her?" a lot. Arrested Development quotes inevitably lead to Archer quotes.

When I first saw Arrested, it was a DVD box set and the pilot was the original, not what was cut down a bit for TV.  So I have always known that line as what it was originally, "A trick is something a whore does for money....or cocaine!"  I love that line so much better because you expect joke to be something to like "candy" to placate the kids listening , but he doubles down with something even more inappropriate albeit accurate.  XD God that show was genius. 

pavlovsbell