What movie lines have stuck with you over the years?

Comments

• Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    "I just cannot believe any of this voodoo bullshit." - Childs, The Thing
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    Me and my friends have a bunch of stupid quotes that we use to make each other laugh, for some reason one that always seems to crop up is from Alien: Resurrection when Ripley finds all of the mutated and fucked up failed clones of herself and that one whispers/mumbles "kill me". If something cringe happens we always find a way to do an impression of that poor clone, lol.

On a more profound level, my favourite movie is The Rocky Horror Picture Show and I have always loved the quote/message of "don't dream it, be it". So much so, that I had it tattooed on my forearm just last week!

TaraC73
  • I AM AN FBI AGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Point Break
  • How could I Forget this one

Caught my first tube this morning.......................sir

Point Break
  • Forget it Jake, it's Chinatown.
    voodooratdarwinfeeshy
  • "Noonan!, miss it!"
  • "I heard you was dead"  
       "Not Hardly"  John Wayne

"You can't fix this car Spicoli"
    "My dad is a TV repair man, he has the Ultimate set of tools, I can fix it"  Jeff Spicoli

"You navigate and I will drive" Jeff Spicoli.

• Sunset Boulevard:

Joe Gillis: You're Norma Desmond. You used to be in silent pictures. You used to be big. 
    Norma Desmond: I *am* big. It's the *pictures* that got small. 

Norma Desmond: .....All right, Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up.

• pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    @aberry89  I always think the line is "...or cocaine!" but whenever I verify it, sources say, "candy." I've watched the DVDs, but my rewatches are always via Netflix, so that explains my confusion. Thank you for clearing that up. I think I prefer, "candy," because it shows how stupid GOB is, thinking that he made his remark child-appropriate, but either interpretation works. What a brilliant show.
  • LukeLuke Central Illinois
    "I'll be back" - Arnold in The Terminator. The lead up line to IMO one of the coolest shoot out scenes ever. Keanu in the Matrix wishes he was as badass as Arnold in his prime in this scene.

"Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi you're my only hope" - Star Wars

voodoorat
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    edited November 2016

@aberry89  I always think the line is "...or cocaine!" but whenever I verify it, sources say, "candy." I've watched the DVDs, but my rewatches are always via Netflix, so that explains my confusion. Thank you for clearing that up. I think I prefer, "candy," because it shows how stupid GOB is, thinking that he made his remark child-appropriate, but either interpretation works. What a brilliant show.

That's so weird how  hard it is to find...I think the cocaine line is funnier XD Lol. It must have just been on the original DVD releases back in 2007 or whenever the show ended....
  • "eight year olds Dude,..eight year olds"
  • voodooratvoodoorat Atlanta
    edited November 2016
    Two more, same character & movie:

"It'd be a lot cooler if you did."

"That's what I like about these high school girls; I get older, they stay the same age."

--Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Bonus:

"Go fuck yourself, San Diego."
    Doctor_NickHatorian
  • Ghostbusters:  Human sacrifice, cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria.

Predator: I ain't got time to bleed 
    TaraC73Hatorian
  • Can I state my favorite TV Quotes?  Arrested Development is by far what sticks with me the most:

"I'm afraid I just blue myself."

"I love juice!"

"Who would like a banger in the mouth?"
    "Sausage.  We just call it a sausage."
    "I'm sorry.  Who wants a sausage in the mouth?"

"I've made a huge mistake."

"Here's some money.  Go see a Star War."

"I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it."

"You want your belt to buckle, not your chair."

"Do you guys know where I could get one of those gold necklaces with the "T" on it?"
    "Its a cross."
    "Across from where?"
    Hello darkness my old friend

Also any reference to "egg"

• Everybody spread the word... I live in my sister's basement

Nobody could be sick more than that kid I think I saw a boot come out of him

They were cones

Say hi to your brother Tito

He's losing his mind... And I'm reaping all the benefits...

cause I'm the best guitar player in the wooorld! Yeaah! Self taught, no lessons. Thank you very much, Pop!

We're living in a material world and I am a material girl... or boy

Hey Linda... You a bitch
  • Is it wrong that I have so many in my head from Doc Holliday in Tombstone.  All said in my very worst "Englishman doing the accent of a man from Georgia"

"Evidently Mr Ringo is an educated man.  Now I really hate him"
    "I'm in my prime"
    "I'm your huckleberry"
    "Why Johnny Ringo, you look like somebody just walked over your grave"
    "Maybe poker's just not your game Ike.  I know.  Let's have a spelling contest"
    "You're no daisy at all.  Poor soul, you were just too high strung"
    "I'm dying. How are you?"
    "Why Kate, you're not wearing a bustle.  How lewd"
    "It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds"
    "Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself"
    "Wyatt if you were my friend, if you ever had the slightest feeling for me, leave now,,,please" (sniffle)

Though I do also geek out for Batman's response to the Joker's comment to Rachel in "Dark Knight"
    Joker "a little fight in you, I like that" 
    Batman "then you're gonna love me"

Val Kilmer was by far the best Holliday
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited November 2016
    Bueller.... Buelller...Bueller....Buelller.....

Nine times.... nine times?....Nine times.....

You.  You are still dangerous.....You can be my wingman anytime.  
    *cue uplifting synth soundtrack*
  • "Hey, try not to suck any dick on the way to the parking lot!"
    adobo1148Melonusk
  • But I was gonna go to toshi station to pick up some power converters!
    TaraC73
  • - What's wrong Ramon, you're losing your touch?

- That woman deserves her revenge. And, we deserve to die. But then again, so does she. So I guess we will see... won't we?

- You see I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve.
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    Another little silly one, whenever my friend and I are in a situation where we need to transfer some money back and forth for concert tickets or a vacation booking, we always put 'peaches' in the description line of the online transfer, the same password that Michael Madsen's character uses to send Susan Sarandon money in Thelma And Louise.

Also, whenever someone in my friendship group gets unnecessarily upset about something, you can count on one of us to bring out "THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!".
    TaraC73
  • Just the other day a colleague of mine and I were having a disagreement on a project and he set me up perfectly. He said "Am I wrong?" To which I replied, "No, you're not wrong. You're just an asshole." I swear not a day goes by that some quote from The Big Lebowski doesn't come up.

Oh, and I use "There's No Crying in Baseball!" all the time. Good one!
    TaraC73
  • Holy Christ, gonna need some more FBI guys I guess.
    Die Hard
  • Not sure if this has been mentioned
    Could someone please help me, I'm still alive only I'm very badly burned.
    Could someone call an ambulance I'm in quite a lot of pain.
    You shot me! You shot me right in the arm!

Austin Powers
    TaraC73
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    Hubby burned himself on the turkey pan Thursday and was carrying on like he was gonna die and I said "tis but a flesh wound"... not the same context but funny nonetheless.
    DaveyMac
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    sleef said:

Ghostbusters:  Human sacrifice, cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria.

Ghostbusters is quoted in the reg in our house. Most often "what did you do, Ray?" (My 14 year olds name is Ray) "we came, we saw, we kicked its ass!" And "no job is too big, no fee is too big!"

adobo1148DaveyMac
  • "Now go home and get your fukin' shine box!"
    TaraC73elgat0
  • I can't hear or see Wilson without thinking "Wilson!". Occasionally, I think "Rum Ham!"