20 Million Downloads Q&A Extravaganza

1235»

Comments

• A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH

Most of the way thru the podcast. I was kind of shocked to find out that Jim and A Ron weren't your real names. Have you ever shared your actual names? If you purposely don't thats fine just curious.

It's kind of an open secret, I guess.  We slip up from time to time, but our main goal is was/is to prevent casual linking of our professional lives with our podcasting ones, because in our line of work it is very common to google a name during employment screening, and for what I hope are obvious reasons I didn't want a search for me to put Bald Move front and center.

A secondary objective was to hide this from people who knew me from my witness days, as speculation into my personal life used to be quite the topic of interest to them.  Whether any of these two objectives are valuable at this point is debateable, with us doing this as a business now, which is why we have gotten sloppy about it.
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    @A_Ron_Hubbard - So are you saying you are in the Witness Protection Program?
    (sorry, I couldn't help myself) :D
    ghm3phoenyx1023NikkiPceburaska
  • Most of the way thru the podcast. I was kind of shocked to find out that Jim and A Ron weren't your real names. Have you ever shared your actual names? If you purposely don't thats fine just curious.

It's kind of an open secret, I guess.  We slip up from time to time, but our main goal is was/is to prevent casual linking of our professional lives with our podcasting ones, because in our line of work it is very common to google a name during employment screening, and for what I hope are obvious reasons I didn't want a search for me to put Bald Move front and center.

A secondary objective was to hide this from people who knew me from my witness days, as speculation into my personal life used to be quite the topic of interest to them.  Whether any of these two objectives are valuable at this point is debateable, with us doing this as a business now, which is why we have gotten sloppy about it.
    haha fair enough, Kinda assumed that. 
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH

@A_Ron_Hubbard - So are you saying you are in the Witness Protection Program?

(sorry, I couldn't help myself) :D
    I actually own a T-Shirt that says just that, haha.
    akritenbrink
  • Where cab I find this podcast?  Was it a lunch?
  • Where cab I find this podcast?  Was it a lunch?

I know they show on the firehose feed, usually they do have them for "free".
    OldGriswold
  • KingKobra said:

Where cab I find this podcast?  Was it a lunch?

I know they show on the firehose feed, usually they do have them for "free".
    Thanks for the tip.  I found it exactly where you said
    KingKobra