Important Poll re: Rami Malek

akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
I was inspired by the political thread to make a "straw poll" of my own, with just as huge a worldwide impact!

Sometime around the Emmys I saw some blog posts that kept referring to Rami Malek as "everyone's internet boyfriend." Then right after the Emmys, my work BFF (who does not watch Mr. Robot) kept saying she saw him on TV and "he is FINE!" 

I was like.... Say what now? I guess because I was introduced to him as Elliott, I don't see him that way at ALL! Rami seems like a nice dude and he's an amazing actor, but I don't get the hype around his "fineness." :) 

Enjoy!

Comments

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I'm a straight male and was astonished when I started to hear how many people were bananas for him. That said, now that I've seen him in other areas besides Mr. Robot, I think I get it. I recently saw pictures of him doing a photoshoot in NYC where he seemed extremely happy (and very un-Elliott-like) and I could see see the attraction. 
    akritenbrinkAshley
  • I can feel his bug eyes on me.
  • Straight female here, and I don't think he's hot. He's okay at best. He also looks like he's pretty short, so maybe that's part of the reason. I saw him in other roles as well and never thought he was attractive, so it's not just the Elliott-persona. So I don't really get the craze.
    BrooklynQueen
  • About three minutes in he talks about how when Mr Robot started he went from "unusual" looking to "exotic"

pavlovsbell
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    edited September 2016

• I generally base male attractiveness on a "If I were him, how would I feel about myself" scale. The main thing I would knock him for is being a little thinner than I would like, but otherwise a mostly attractive dude. Hot seems like a stretch, though. Maybe an I'veDoneWorse/10
  • The real question is this: would you rather fuck Rami Malek or Josh Hartnett with a spider head? And how would you know the difference?
    akritenbrinkJim
  • @bizmarkiefader Wow, Rami's twin brother is gorgeous.

I think Rami Malek is a handsome man. He has amazing eyes and interesting bone structure and looked quite Bogart-dapper at the Emmys. I don't know, I think it's rude and rather mean to criticize someone's looks, so...
    DeeAshley
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    He's OK, and he seems very nice and chill. I don't think he's ugly or anything. I just never thought of him as "hot." I could see though if you were around him or heard him talk for a while there would be a certain charm.
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited September 2016
    Do I wish I could swim around in the moon pools of his eyes, a land where the great wolf howls and the surrounding trees are frightening and yet so beautiful as to make those who take them in weep and only could be captured by a painter who is dead but was never born, 20 minutes after finishing my sandwich? Maybe. 
    pavlovsbellDeeGredalBeeGarthgou81aberry89MelonuskDani_Armindo
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited September 2016

(the image doesn't seem to want to cooperate, but it's a cartoon John Oates giving a thumbs up)
    pavlovsbell
  • edited September 2016
    Reads "important poll", enters thread, sees poll is about actors looks....ponders life choices if this is deemed important :p
    akritenbrinkpavlovsbell
  • Looks-wise I don't think I'd feel cheated if I were him. He makes weird facial expressions though. If he stopped either squinting or opening his eyes really wide he would look more attractive. He has a boyish face. He seems pretty short which is a no-no for a lot of women. That said, I saw a photo of him with his girlfriend once and she was hot, so his oddities are obviously not holding him back.
    KingKobra said:

Reads "important poll", enters thread, sees poll is about actors looks....ponders life choices if this is deemed important :p

I was making fun of myself haha
    Travis said:

Do I wish I could swim around in the moon pools of his eyes, a land where the great wolf howls and the surrounding trees are frightening and yet so beautiful as to make those who take them in weep and only could be captured by a painter who is dead but was never born, 20 minutes after finishing my sandwich? Maybe. 

Hm.. I can't figure out how to add that as a quiz option...
    Travis
    This wasn't so much purely about his looks, bashing them or anything, as being surprised when people thought he was HOT or FINE. I would just think of him as a talented actor but not necessarily a heartthrob.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    He has a lot of charisma, which personally I think is an attractive trait. But I don't much care about the standard levels of attractiveness so I can't really judge. So many people in Hollywood (the various Chrises, for example) are attractive, but their looks are so bland to me that I can't hold their faces in my memory. When I see them, I'm like "Who's that again?" Rami, on the other hand, has an interesting face. He's nice to look at for that reason.
    pavlovsbellTravisakritenbrink
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited September 2016

Travis said:

Hm.. I can't figure out how to add that as a quiz option...
    Ha! For what it's worth I checked "he looked good in his tux." I think he's a handsome fellow, but I would make him wait until at least the third proper date (none of this, but we ran into each other and had a cup of coffee bullshit) before he put his hands on me. 
    pavlovsbell
  • The real question is this: would you rather fuck Rami Malek or Josh Hartnett with a spider head? And how would you know the difference?

Neither - they're both too skinny! 
  • *sits up at attention*
    Who is this???

That 5 o'clock shadow though... :)
    pavlovsbell
  • @pavlovsbell

Now why'd you have to go and pull Hugh into this?

pavlovsbell
  • Michelle said:

*sits up at attention*
    Who is this???

LOL  One of my actor crushes, Hugh Dancy. He's pretty dreamy.

• pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    edited September 2016
    @GredalBee  Certainly not because I have an entire folder of Hugh Dancy GIFs for every possible occasion or anything.
    TravisGredalBeeTyler_DurdenDani_Armindo
  • Michelle said:

*sits up at attention*
    Who is this???

LOL  One of my actor crushes, Hugh Dancy. He's pretty dreamy.

Good lord.  <3
    pavlovsbell
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    I find him attractive, different and hot.
    pavlovsbell
    I believe he's married to Claire Danes, right?
    pavlovsbell
  • I believe he's married to Claire Danes, right?

Correct.
    akritenbrink
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    edited September 2016
    Rami Malek is weird and cute and gorgeous. He is also a cinnamon roll of a human being, did you see him talk about how he told himself not to stand up at the Emmy's because they couldn't be actually calling his name. fucking adorkable. 

I don't disagree he's got some weird stuff going on in his face, but I love that, makes him unique. My "aesthetic" tend to be guys that if they went a few clicks more they would be totally weird looking but they are just on the line of still being handsome. Like for example Channing Tatum - I DO NOT UNDERSTAND. I love his personality, but looks wise, NOPE NOPE nope. He's not interesting looking, he is just white bread BORING. Great personality though.

BTW, whats the consensus on the one Mr. Riz Ahmed?  imageBecause - WHHEEWHH I think he is gorgeous. I spent the entirety of The Night Of saying to myself. I WANT TO DRAW YOUR FACE LIKE A FRENCH GIRL YOU BEAUTIFUL BASTARD. and because i am artist, i did, a lot. :D

This thread is going to dissolve into talking about cute boys really soon, if it hasn't alreay. 
    MichellepavlovsbellDeeMelonuskAshley