Dead Pilots Society

akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
I ran across this new podcast called Dead Pilots Society.  Here's the description copy/pasted from their site:

In Dead Pilots Society, scripts that were developed by studios and networks but were never produced are given the table reads they deserve. Starring actors you know and love from television and film, a live audience, and a good time in which no one gets notes, no one is fired, and everyone laughs. Presented by Andrew Reich (Friends; Worst Week) and Ben Blacker (The Writers Panel podcast; co-creator, Thrilling Adventure Hour).

I am listening to episode 2 and it's pretty fun. They did a pretty significant interview and the table read is fun.

Doctor_Nick
Be a human, not a machine.

Angie Kritenbrink
akritenbrink on most social media

Comments

• I was really interested in this one when I heard the ad during The Greatest Generation podcast (which I can't recommend more highly).

Seemed to be up my alley and then when I saw Paul F. Tompkins was involved, I was sold.

But the audio quality is so bad. Shockingly bad for the talent involved. It's almost unlistenable.

I'd recommend Spontaneanation. It's similar and excellent.
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    Hmmm I was ok with it.

Angie Kritenbrink

• Hmmm I was ok with it.

Maybe Bald Move has turned me into an audio quality snob.
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    DrKen said:

Hmmm I was ok with it.

Maybe Bald Move has turned me into an audio quality snob.
    I was listening to it on headphones while driving on the freeway. So I might not have noticed. Also, I was listening to the second episode and haven't listened to the first one yet. Maybe they got an upgrade? Also I don't expect a table read to have the same quality as a well-produced radio play or whatever. Anyway it was OK with me.

But honestly, I listen to a wide variety of podcasts with a variety of audio quality and as long as I can hear what they are saying, I am good. I did have one crochet one from a well-known crochet designer who had other well-known folks as guests, but I had to stop listening to because she kept getting guests on the phone and then having them disconnect and she would just be talking and talking and then realizing they are no longer on the phone, calling them back etc. I was like... You could have edited that part out. She even said she had a producer. I was like who is the producer you keep referencing? Your dog? Because someone needs to edit this shit lol

Angie Kritenbrink