Questioning Robot

If you had the chance to ask Sam Esmail and Christian Slater a question, what would it be?

Comments

• Is any of this real?
    Dummy
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    Are you going to ask them something? 
  • Have you ever cried during sex?
    Dummyghm3akritenbrink
  • For real though, ask if the show can and/or will head in any kind of a sci-fi or soft sci fi direction in the future
  • If I end up sitting close enough to a mike it should be possible. I could have asked Malcolm Gladwell a question yesterday.

Are you going to ask them something? 

• Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality?
    akritenbrinkMelonusk
    I'd like to know if they pay attention to all the Reddit theories and what they think about that.
  • I'd like to know if they pay attention to all the Reddit theories and what they think about that.

Have you seen the AMA some of the crew have done? They do keep an eye on that and sometimes drop hints or confirm/deny something. They seem to think it's "great" (from what I remember).
    akritenbrink
    KingKobra said:

I'd like to know if they pay attention to all the Reddit theories and what they think about that.

Have you seen the AMA some of the crew have done? They do keep an eye on that and sometimes drop hints or confirm/deny something. They seem to think it's "great" (from what I remember).
    No, I rarely go on Reddit myself. I get overwhelmed with things to read as it is, and Reddit is voluminous.
  • Didn't ask a question. Take home info from Esmail:

1. He knew where this show was going from the beginning.

2. He has milestones on the way to where he's going. The question is the part between the milestones.

3. Questions and the journey are more interesting than answers and the end.

4. He's upset that people are demanding all these answers when the show has barely even started. He said it was like demanding answers 10 minutes into a movie.
    akritenbrinkMelonuskKingKobra
  • 10 minutes? Good god, how long is he planning for the series to be. I thought this was going to be more of a 5 seasons arc but maybe not...
    Pretty sure Reddit would be asking questions 10 minutes into the movie, too. ;)
  • KingKobra said:

No, I rarely go on Reddit myself. I get overwhelmed with things to read as it is, and Reddit is voluminous.
    Take a look, this one isn't too bad :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/540522/we_are_fsociety_kind_of_mr_robot_writers_and/?st=IU3D9TLE&sh=4d434bef
    Melonusk said:

10 minutes? Good god, how long is he planning for the series to be. I thought this was going to be more of a 5 seasons arc but maybe not...

5 seasons was the plan. Don't take it so literally though. It was an analogy that he used to compare people wanting to get answers to the end game "early on" (we are not half way yet). With this show it throws so much at you that I think Esmail has successfully cloaked for the most part his end game. This however annoys many people when they can't discuss possible endings and "be sure" where the show is going. I would say this also makes podcasting the show difficult since it makes it hard to discuss the show if it's not really following a defined path. For me however I am along for the ride, so I am not as concerned with the answers.

With the hive mind of the internet, it makes things very difficult for TV makers. By the time the end of a series comes up almost everything has been discussed and answered in some form or another.