What have you seen 100+ times

TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
A friend posed this question on Facebook, i thought it would be interesting to post it here!

What movie have you seen 100+ times?

I have a lot!
Star Wars original trilogy
Godfather 1&2
Jaws 1&2
Jurassic Park
The Hangover
Grease

Comments

• FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited October 2016
    Big Trouble in Little China

...and I forget the rest because they don't matter.

Seriously though, I'd be interested in seeing a statistic showing how many times I've actually watched certain movies. Bet it will have something weird from my childhood like "the last 3 quarters of The Goonies on TNT 378 times" or "the first 45 minutes and last 20 minutes (with a nap in between) of Forrest Gump 290 times."

TaraC73DeepavlovsbellDummy
  • Tombstone
    Love Actually
    Wizard of Oz
    Star Wars 4,5,6
    Grease
    Breakfast Club

TaraC73
  • WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    edited October 2016
    Happy Gilmore
    Then Friday followed by 50 less views
    TaraC73
    edited October 2016
    @WonderedObject Happy Gilmore was the only movie my grandparents owned that was even remotely palatable to a punk teenager. I lived there for about 1,200 days, so counting weekends, summer vacation, and Christmas break... Well, you can do the math on how many times I've watched Bob Barker pop Adam Sandler in the mouth.
    TaraC73
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    Grease
    Grease 2 (yep, that's right!)
    The Rocky Horror Picture Show
    Mary Poppins
    The Wizard Of Oz
    The Sound Of Music
    Little Shop Of Horrors

Can you tell that I'm a musicals nut!?
    TaraC73pavlovsbell
    @amyja89 What, no love for Evita?
    amyja89
    Freddy said:

@amyja89 What, no love for Evita?

I if went on listing, I'd never stop! "Oh what a circus, oh what a show..."
  • edited October 2016
    Disappointment in the mirror.  And T2.
    TaraC73
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    @amyja89 Wizard of Oz is definitely on my list <3
    amyja89
  • WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    @Freddy
    I'd say your count is about the same as mine. Pretty much watched it every day after school at a cousins house. I'm no actor but I could reenact that entire movie. 
  • I imagine that I top out at about 35, which would be Labyrinth. I'm pretty sure that is the movie that I've seen the most times.
  • Ferris Bueller's Day Off
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    100+ times?  Probably nothing, I doubt I watched my old VHS tapes of The Terminator, Terminator 2, Predator or Predator 2 more than 50 times (each).  They are probably the movies I've seen the most.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Nothing - I rarely rewatch anything. One of the few movies I watch every time it's on is The Wedding Singer. And I have probably seen The Usual Suspects 10+ times.

Oh, and when Clerks was on at the cinema I dragged everyone I knew so I probably saw that a dozen times and then maybe four or five times since.
  • Star Wars
    Dumb and Dumber

The Martian is going to make the list eventually. 
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    I've seen these more than 20 times:

(In descending order of viewings, roughly)
    Raiders of the Lost Ark
    Star Wars
    Kill Bill
    When Harry Met Sally
    Pride and Prejudice (2005)
    In the Mood for Love

There are some Disney movies from my childhood that I watched over and over, perhaps more than the ones listed above. I know I loved Lady and the Tramp and 101 Dalmations. Bambi was too traumatic.
    z74al
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Jurassic Park and The Prestige. I was home sick for two weeks as a kid and JP became a comfort blanket for me (and the Sci-Fi channel). The Prestige is just a really quiet, gorgeous movie that was one of the first flicks I owned on blu-ray. I've seen it countless times. 
  • edited October 2016
    The Nightmare Before Christmas. My mom said when I was around 5 I would want to watch it every day. I must have been a weird kid. And I don't even like any other Tim Burton movies.

I watch it maybe once a year or so, now. 
  • davemcbdavemcb Melbourne
    Not sure about 100+ but these would be in the 50+ category 

Back to the Future Trilogy
    Star Wars
    Shawshank Redemption
    Godfather pt 1&2
    BASEketball
    Super Troopers
    T2
    Princess Bride
    Braveheart

• I don't think I've seen anything 100+ times. the one I've seen the most though is probably "The Big Lebowski."
    BigSmell
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    edited October 2016
    A hundred times seems extreme. I never counted but if I added my list it would be a high number.
    Annie Hall
    Casablanca
    Gone With The Wind
    Grease
    Jaws
    Mister Roberts
    Patton
    Rocky
    TaraC73Agrippa
  • TimKTimK Grand Rapids, MI
    Haven't seen anything 100 times but I've definitely watched Memento more than any other movie... the count is probably in the 20's for that.
  • Tyler_DurdenTyler_Durden London
    edited October 2016
    @amyja89 Why did you have to mention Grease 2? I showed it to my daughters when they were young who promptly devastated me by loving this movie and the music. Still it never had any effect on me. I'm just off to go prowlin' now.....damn it
    amyja89
  • BigSmellBigSmell Raleigh, NC
    The Big Lebowski is my all time favorite piece of art and I'm probably closing in on 100 watches. My second most watched movie is easily MacGruber with about 30 watches, which I think qualifies as insane behavior. 
    DaveyMac

@amyja89 Why did you have to mention Grease 2? I showed it to my daughters when they were young who promptly devastated me by loving this movie and the music. Still it never had any effect on me. I'm just off to go prowlin' now.....damn it

I love love love it. I'm pretty sure I've actually seen it more times than Grease!

Tyler_Durden
  • ksa1001ksa1001 Plano, TX
    edited October 2016
    The Breakfast Club above all else, I used to watch that daily thru 2nd and 3rd grade (latch key) and can recite it like a play

Then Pulp Fiction & The Matrix

I've sat to watch dozens of times and I'll stop about anytime I catch them on cable

There's Something About Mary
    Coming To America
    Terminator 2
    Pretty Woman
    Do The Right Thing
    Jurassic Park
    The Fugitive
    TaraC73Freddy
  • Comedies and musicals are the two genres I feel are the best for rewatches. I've seen the Mckay/Ferrell comedies around a million times, and I've seen Grease and Les Miserables more than I want to admit. Coen bros movies are great and I've seen O Brother, Lebowski, and No Country around a million times as well. I also wound up watching the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie a bunch (thanks, younger brother). 
    DaveyMac
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    Oh yes I forgot pulp fiction. That's not even a guesstimate. Hubby and I watched the pulp DVD every night for a good five months when we first got it
  • I've probably seen parts of lots of kids' movies 100 times, but I'm sure there's nothing I've actually watched 100+ times.  I've probably seen a handful at least a couple of dozen times:  Star Wars, Jaws, Christmas Story, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, The Big Lebowski, Groundhog Day.

Come to think of it, there are probably a few episodes of MST3K (Pod People, Manos, Cave Dwellers, Godzilla vs. Megalon, a few others maybe) that I saw dozens of times back when I was in college I used to fall asleep watching them on VHS tape pretty much every night.