Grease

Grease 2 (yep, that's right!)
    The Rocky Horror Picture Show
    Mary Poppins
    The Wizard Of Oz
    The Sound Of Music
    Little Shop Of Horrors

Can you tell that I'm a musicals nut!?
    I probably drove my neighbors bonkers when Chicago came out on DVD. I may or may not have practiced the dancing also, which I'm sure sounded great on the hardwood floors above them.
    amyja89
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @akritenbrink unfortunately, i didn't mean when i was a kid, i might have watched something 100+ times, but probably not since there were no video tapes until i was a little older.  if so, i don't remember.  we have 4 kids and one of them is autistic and goes through periods when she likes to watch movies basically on repeat for extended periods of time so some things have been on in the background many, many times--although some of those things i'm also not sure i've ever "watched" all the way through so i don't even know if those count.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    @trippy That's why there's only one tv in our house, and it ain't anywhere near where the kids are allowed to go.
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    edited October 2016
    Probably That Thing You Do, Dumb and Dumber, Jaws & Ferris Bueller's Day Off are the movies I have seen the most. I watched those two when I was kid-teenager at least every week during summers. Be it for good or ill  XD

I probably watched The Little Mermaid and Aladdin hundreds of times when i was a kid, it's all kind of a blur. But my mom told me once that when I was around 4 I would watch Little Mermaid three times a day  (uhhgg cant wait to have a kid..)
    z74al
  • aberry89aberry89 California

Jurassic Park and The Prestige. I was home sick for two weeks as a kid and JP became a comfort blanket for me (and the Sci-Fi channel). The Prestige is just a really quiet, gorgeous movie that was one of the first flicks I owned on blu-ray. I've seen it countless times. 

Prestige is super underrated. I think it easily Nolan's best film. One of the most rewarding movies to watch more than once. 
    mileswarrin
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    aberry89 said:

Jurassic Park and The Prestige. I was home sick for two weeks as a kid and JP became a comfort blanket for me (and the Sci-Fi channel). The Prestige is just a really quiet, gorgeous movie that was one of the first flicks I owned on blu-ray. I've seen it countless times. 

Prestige is super underrated. I think it easily Nolan's best film. One of the most rewarding movies to watch more than once. 
    Oh man. You are putting me in a tough position. Is it his best? I am not entirely sure. Its a ridiculously confident movie and pretty much perfectly paced in my opinion. I would argue that Memento is my favorite of his just because of how haunting the protaganist's story is and the structure of the film elevates is spellbinding to watch. 

However, Memento falls into a category like Inception where sometimes I think viewers end up feeling frustrated that they don't get all the answers they want. I am not one of those folks, I love that aspect. I love being able to contemplate what was just thrown in front of my eyes. Great podcast material after all.

I completely agree that it is an underrated, beautiful flick though. It certainly is my most-watched of his stuff, but I am not entirely sure it is his best. But then again, this is Nolan where even his lackluster efforts are still heads above what most filmmakers could ever dream of putting out there.
  • jbryant27jbryant27 Waxahachie, TX
    Doubt I've made it to 100, but the Indiana Jones TRILOGY. They just never get old for me.
    TaraC73
  • Haven't rewatched anything since I was a kid, and even then I can't imagine I reached 100 of anything, back before DVD's and Netflix. But I have played the exact same scenario in Europe Universalis IV at least a couple hundred times, starting as Holland or Friesland and forming the Netherlands with only minor variations in strategy. And a single one of those can last over a hundred hours if Austria keeps its greedy whore hands off Belgium. Dear God, what am I doing with my life.
  • The Last Dragon
    The Color Purple
  • The Rock
    TaraC73
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Oh damn...yeah, I've seen The Rock countless times as well. I love that one. Such mindless fun with Nick being Nick. 
  • z74alz74al KS
    edited October 2016
    "Your best? Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen."

hisdudeness915
  • mwspiakmwspiak Upstate NY
    There is only one movie I have watched over 100 times......The Lion King when I was 5 years old. I drove my parents fucking crazy lol.
  • Tombstone and Caddyshack are probably my two most watched movies. Likely over 100 watches each.
    Tyler_Durden
  • I think the movie I've seen the most was Carrie.  It use to play a lot on like TNT & TBS.  I ended up watching it because I did not have MSG or NBATV and ESPN did not play NBA games on Fridays.  Close second is probably Mulholland Drive which in the past year I've might have watched it 7 times trying to nail down the details.  Any other movie I've seen that much would have been when I was 10-11 watching Jetsons meet the Flintstones, Care Bears movie, Laser Tag movie, GI Joe the Movie.  But we don't need to talk about those.
  • Rocketman with Harland Williams