Official Direct Thread: The 5th 'Direct' Director
It's time to pick the next Direct director!
We need to clean our palette after the heavy nature of our Fincher run, so we've picked six directors with lighter fare for you to choose from.
Here they are:
- John Hughes (Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club, Weird Science, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Planes Trains & Automobiles, She's Having a Baby, Uncle Buck, Curly Sue)
- Rob Reiner, 1984-1992 (This is Spinal Tap, The Sure Thing, Stand By Me, The Princess Bride, When Harry Met Sally, Misery, A Few Good Men)
- Tim Burton, 1985-1999 (Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, Beetlejuice, Batman, Edward Scissorhands, Batman Return, Ed Wood, Mars Attacks!, Sleepy Hollow)
- Wes Anderson (Bottlerocket, Rushmore, The Royal Tenenbaums, The Life Aquatic, The Darjeeling Limited, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Moonrise Kingdom, The Grand Budapest Hotel)
- John Carpenter, 1974-1986 (Darkstar, Assault on Precinct 13, Halloween, The Fog, Escape from New York, The Thing, Christine, Starman, Big Trouble in Little China)
- Guy Richie (Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Snatch, Swept Away, Revolver, RocknRolla, Sherlock Holmes, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, The Man From U.N.C.L.E.)
If there are dates next to the director's name, we will only watch movies within that allotted time period.
Can't choose? The survey is configured so that you can vote for multiple directors. Pick all the ones you like!
Direct will resume in November. Thanks for your help!