[OFFICIAL] Episode 602 - Cash Game

Director: Dean Parisot
Writer: Dave Andron & VJ Boyd

Comments

• A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    I'm thinking of doing a quote of the week feature in the podcast. Any suggestions? I liked Tim's shortbus / special attention speech. Lots of great ones this week.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Really enjoying Tim embracing his inner Raylan. Hating wasn't a good look on him.
  • I've always liked Tim. I'm a big fan of his snarky little one liners.

For the line of the week, I would be stealing Ryan McGee's but it was my favorite as well. After Raylan talks about Dewey being a water skiing Goofy Tim comes back with (probably not a direct quote, but close) "sometimes you peak too early." That one cracked me up.
  • Oh shit, last night was Tuesday! My wife was sick so we just stuck with Netflix. I totally forgot it was Justified night. Sorry, that quote applied to the first episode. I was thinking you started the thread early. Sorry about that.
  • Tim quote " oh that IS your baby. I thought it was just a random internet baby"

Raylan " ya i got tired of the cat videos"
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Can't think of a good quote from last night's episode. I just re-watched the Sam Elliot scene, and was disappointed that nothing stuck out. He reminded me a lot of "Eagleton Ron" from Parks and Recreation.
  • ksa1001ksa1001 Plano, TX
    Tim all the way... "Does it rock your world if I told you we don't discuss open cases with every Joe Dipshit we meet on the street?"
  • JohnnieDarkJohnnieDark South Florida
    I liked Raylan and Choo Choo who's on first routine
    Choo-Choo: So where's your buddy? … You know, the guy you were with?
    Raylan: How do you know I was with a guy if you ain't following me?
    Choo-Choo: I'm not following you.
    Raylan: Are you sayin' you ain't following me like you don't know what I'm saying, or you just repeatin' this bullshit about you ain't been following me?
    Choo-Choo: I'm not following you.
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited February 2015
    Great episode. I totally agree with @a.ron.hubbard's line of the week. I actually rewound it when it happened because I was so amused by it.

When I saw Dewey's necklace I started wondering if the murder of Dewey Crowe will actually be the crime that brings Boyd down. They were obviously planting something with that scene and I have a feeling it's going to be one of those things that they let you forget about for four or five episodes, only to be brought back with great consequence. It just feels that Boyd's brutal act of "caution" would be that thing that creates his ultimate downfall.

I can't wait to see how this triangle between Boyd, Catherine, and Avery shapes up. I really liked the stress of it once you figure out (even if it isn't totally confirmed at this point) that Ty, Choo-Choo and Seabass are Avery's guys and I'm sure that Catherine knows who she is robbing. I have a feeling that Boyd will play both sides like in season 2 (only Catherine and Wynn create a lot more danger than the mining company). I just love the way they have the board set up.

Gimme some Dickie Bennett!

As for "Raylan death watch" I actually am more and more certain from week to week that he is going to survive. I get what A.Ron and Jim are saying about the mentions of his child adding jeopardy to the tone, and I buy it to the extent that I cannot say that he will certainly survive (I put his survival at about 75% at this point); I just feel like the show wants him to ultimately get the opportunity to do right by his kid and go be a dad. That said, it seems like in every episode he gets an opportunity to sell the house and get out of the situation and he keeps talking about this "one last thing" that he has to do. If you keep piling that them on top of itself the ultimate moral of the story could be that old Christian joke about the guy in the flood who is waiting for God's help and ignores the people, the boat and the helicopter because he's waiting for the help to come in the form that he believes it should arrive.