Lady Gaga's S6 Character - SPOILER

Ryan Murphy released some verrrrrrrry interesting information re: Lady Gaga's Scathach character from the current Roanoke season.

Highlight over the white text below to see!

Lady Gaga’s character on “American Horror Story: Roanoke” is more than a crazed entity of the forest.  Series co-creator Ryan Murphy confirmed Tuesday that The Witch is the
original Supreme, and she’ll be returning in a future season that
addresses the history of witchcraft in America.  "We’re going to do a return to the ‘Coven’ season in some capacity,”
Murphy told The Huffington Post. “So that character will be further
explored then.”  Fans will remember that prestigious title from Season 3, “Coven,” where it was bestowed on Jessica Lange’s Fiona Goode.
According to “American Horror Story” mythology, a Supreme is a powerful
witch charged with looking after her coven until a younger witch comes
up to take her place. Fiona became weaker throughout “Coven” as her
destined replacement grew stronger, her identity a mystery. That is,
until Fiona’s daughter, Sarah Paulson’s Cordelia, stepped up to take her
mother’s place at Miss Robichaux’s Academy.  The “Coven” women are described as descendants of the Salem witches from
the late 17th century. Now, we know that they originated way before
that, because Gaga’s Witch was around when the colonists led by Kathy
Bates’ character were settling the land. The Roanoke colony disappeared
in the late 16th century, so The Witch, who is described as a descendant of Druids and Romans, would have arrived at least a few years before.  Murphy explained that, due to Gaga’s schedule surrounding her new album,
the singer and actress didn’t have much time to devote to “AHS” filming
over the summer. But the co-creator was set on including her as The
Witch.  “I knew that this character was important to the mythology of the show,
and I really wanted her to play that character,” Murphy said, adding
that “the return-to-’Coven’ season” won’t be Season 7. (That installment
is earmarked for the histories and mythologies of certain “Freak Show”
characters.)

And there you have it!   I knew it!!!  I suspected as much at the beginning of this season!
Elisacdrive

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    Wow, I thought for sure this would spark some conversation, especially the connection.
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    Hmm, I guess it's interesting, but does anybody actually want an expansion of the Coven universe? Or an expansion of the Freak Show universe if those season 7 rumours are true? I feel like either Murphy and co. have run out of ideas (which for a show as wide ranging as this seems impossible) or they have trapped themselves in a corner by getting obsessed with the idea of connecting all of the seasons. My favourite seasons were the first three to air, and they had little to no connections!
  • Red724Red724 Irwin, PA
    Her character could have been played by a no name actress and no one would know the differnce this season. Which sucks cause I loved her character in Hotel.