Fathom events The Shining

Wow! Just got back from seeing this masterpiece on the big screen. It's easily in my top 3 favorite films of all time. If you get a chance to see it tonight or Wednesday, please do.

Comments

• Jealous... not showing in theaters in my area as far as I know. I would love to see The Shining, The Thing, or Evil Dead 2 in theater.
  • WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    On it! I'll be there on Wednesday. Thank goodness there's a 2 o'clock showing. Love the movie but not sure I could be awake through it's entirety late at night.
  • Yeah I went to the 2 o'clock today. Just beautiful seeing Kubrick's composition of each frame. He's an absolute genius.
  • The Trivia at the movie says it was nominated for worst director at the Razzies!! I think it's one of the best directed films I've ever seen!
  • Yea, it was not well received upon release, I know that.
    Loved it. Didn't even remember the bit where the ballroom is filled with cobwebs and skeletons. That was a nice surprise. Now I'm spoiled with watching it on the big screen. Nothing beats that atmospere blaring all around you. 
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    I saw it last year on the big screen - it's a great experience to see it with a big group of people, theater was packed.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA

Loved it. Didn't even remember the bit where the ballroom is filled with cobwebs and skeletons. That was a nice surprise. Now I'm spoiled with watching it on the big screen. Nothing beats that atmospere blaring all around you. 

That scene is very creepy. It makes me want a REALLY well done mini-series about all of the backstory of The Overlook. I know I shouldn't even mention it based on how many crummy horror tv-shows we are getting. But that could be a really fun concept. 
  • Saw it again tonight. Still scary. Glad I got to see it.
    @Garthgou81
    It was a great scene. I'd love a mini series on hbo maybe. Honestly, I wouldn't even be opposed to a reboot/remake. I know they're overdone right now and this is a classic but I'd love to see an adaption that King would enjoy. But then again he loved the Under The Dome series.
    Idk I just love this movie and loved the book even more.