Celebration Cakes

When it's your birthday in our office, you have to buy cakes.  

Accordingly as I have now passed 50 likes (finally, bloody ungrateful lot, my posts aren't that bad) I'm celebrating by buying you all a cake

Click on the link and tell me which one you'd like

P.S I'm not really buying you a cake
MurderbearTravisTaraC73pavlovsbell

Comments

• MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    One chocolate eclair please!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Tyler_DurdenTyler_Durden London
    edited October 2016
    @Murderbear Absolutely excellent choice.  

I'm thinking the Cheesecake or the Mille-Feuille myself

@akritenbrink All of them.....what a costly celebration this'll be

• The cake is a lie. The cake is always a lie. 
    michielterlouwTravis
  • @Dummy I don't see that one on the list, I'll have a word with them in the morning
    TravisDummy
  • Normally, I'm a cheesecake guy, but that double chocolate number is doing really nice things to my soul right now. I'm also really intrigued by the whole Coffee Eclair thing. The Selva and a couple of the tarts are really, really amazing looking too. I think I ultimately land on double chocolate, but there are numerous amazing options that give me pause. Man, I'm glad I don't live anywhere near this shop. My local cupcakerie gives me enough to feel guilty about.
    Dummy
  • Tyler_DurdenTyler_Durden London
    edited October 2016
    @Travis I'm thinking they get you to work there on sales, you sold me on every one of them
    Travis
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited October 2016
    Ha! That is a gig that I could... no don't do it... can't resist.... AAAAAHHHHHH.... sink my teeth into! (sad trumpet)

Nah man, if I could re-make a bunch of my work/education history I can think of very few things I would rather do than peddle pastries. Delicious flavor is something very near and dear to my heart, and I had an honest salivation response to looking over that page. I would do some real damage to my belt-line if I had easy access to that stuff.
    Tyler_Durden
  • This tradition will forever remind me of Seinfeld (both the office cakes and the "auction" cake).
    Tyler_Durden
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    @Tyler_Durden  So on your birthday, you buy cakes for everyone else? Interesting tradition. And not a shabby way to get more likes. Well played, sir.  ;)
    I have a tart tooth, so the citron tart, please. Lovely patisserie, btw. Which one would you want?
    Tyler_DurdenTravis
  • Way too Yurpean  a selection.

I'll take some 'Murican goodness.

Right kind of ya.
    TravispavlovsbellMurderbear
  • @pavlovsbell I think the lady is on to me! (Totally worked though). Good choices by you. I did pick one, it was a mille-feuille, however today is a new day so much like Jim Jones I'm going for the cheesecake.

Travispavlovsbell
  • Travis said:

Ha! That is a gig that I could... no don't do it... can't resist.... AAAAAHHHHHH.... sink my teeth into! (sad trumpet)

Nah man, if I could re-make a bunch of my work/education history I can think of very few things I would rather do than peddle pastries. Delicious flavor is something very near and dear to my heart, and I had an honest salivation response to looking over that page. I would do some real damage to my belt-line if I had easy access to that stuff.
    When we were in our early 20s my sister worked at a restaurant/bakery that was known for its fancy pies, cakes etc. She used to bring one home every now and then...  yummmmmmmy!

Like here's something from the same owner's current restaurant:
    In two words: Oh damn!
  • I am very excited and horrified that in a couple of weeks we are moving to a place that's about 2 minutes away from a Sweet Arleen's Cupcake Shop. Apparently they are noteworthy for winning cupcake wars a couple of times (I've never seen the show personally), but we wandered in there after lunch a couple of months ago and holy shit. I've got a bad feeling about this.
    pavlovsbell
  • Good call @akritenbrink

I'm gonna mix the two by having an Amaretto Cheesecake

• TravisTravis CA
    edited October 2016

I'd like to make a motion that we add alcohol to this party.

Never a bad idea... My wife had something called a Jumping Jack Flash at a restaurant the other night and it was goddamn delicious. (looked it up) Bourbon, Cocchi Vermouth, ginger and mint. She very rarely "double dips" on the cocktails, but it was so tasty and refreshing that she had to grab a second one. 
    Tyler_Durden
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    @akritenbrink  Was one of those variations Forty Acres and a Moscow Mule? That was my favorite of the facepalm Juneteenth drinks in the latest Atlanta episode.
  • I'll take one of each please
    Tyler_Durden
  • @akritenbrink ;Finally had my first taste of a Mule of some sort (I believe it was rum based, so maybe a caribbean mule?) and it was quite delicious. It may warrant further investigations. I definitely recommend giving the Jumping Jack Flash a look if it pops up on any menus or if they have a recipe online (not sure if it's a traditional drink or something they concocted there) I only had a small sip, but it was quite good.