Surprising TV crushes (I don't know how else to word it)

Liv - I zombie
Cercie Lannister - game of thrones
Zoe Barnes - house of cards
Hollyoak

Comments

• amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    edited October 2016
    Hmm let me think...

I definitely remember having a thing for Katey Sagal back in the Sons Of Anarchy days, much to the bemusement of my friends!

Oh, and Jane Fonda in The Newsroom, stone cold fox!
  • Do you mean on the character or the actor/actress? If women are your thing, I don't think having a crush on Kate Mara should be surprising. 
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    Evan Peters
    Dee
  • iMatty94 said:

Liv - I zombie

Cersei Lannister?  She's literally supposed to be the sexpot milf of the entire story

I'll go with Elsie from Westworld.  Very plain girl-next-door, but yeah.
    DeeMelonuskceburaska
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @OldGriswold Shannon Woodward has those little doll-like lips - makes me think of 1920s actresses. I think she's very attractive - not plain at all.
    Travis
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited November 2016
    Yeah, I've always thought that Shannon Woodward is really pretty. 

I was searching my mind for something and I remember during the Dawson's Creek days when everyone was so into Joey and I was thinking "you guys are crazy. It's all about Jen, man!" I doubt it was terribly surprising, but my buddy and I both had a pretty big thing for (oh man, her name is totally escaping me) the female lead from the Drew Carey Show (more recently on Scrubs and Cougar Town) back in the day. 
    hisdudeness915
  • I guess my current one would have to be Cecily Strong. Not really sure how to define the "surprising" part so I'm going with just crushes that are not based solely on physical attractiveness . Though I do find her attractive, her ability to crack me up constantly makes my face light up with joy every time she shows up on my TV.
    amyja89Traviscdrive
  • I was surprised they let this guy crush as many people as he did on tv
    TravisTaraC73
  • I guess my current one would have to be Cecily Strong. Not really sure how to define the "surprising" part so I'm going with just crushes that are not based solely on physical attractiveness . Though I do find her attractive, her ability to crack me up constantly makes my face light up with joy every time she shows up on my TV.

Kate McKinnon is my jam.  That gal is hilarious.
    amyja89A_Ron_Hubbardhisdudeness915Melia004
  • I'm not sure how surprising these are but, yes, Cecily Strong is one of mine for sure.

Also...

Amie Teagarden, from Friday Night Lights

Connie Britton, especially her character in Friday Night Lights. Probably #1 celebrity crush actually

Kat Dennings a close 2nd

I also found Anna Gunn very attractive in breaking bad. Elizabeth Mitchell and Evangeline Lilly in Lost. Evangeline is a bit too thin for my taste, so I'm surprised I've crushed a little, but her face is stunning everytime it's on screen.

Minka Kelly and Adrian Palicki(sp?) also. Can you tell I connected with Friday night lights

• iMatty94 said:

Liv - I zombie

Cersei Lannister?  She's literally supposed to be the sexpot milf of the entire story

I'll go with Elsie from Westworld.  Very plain girl-next-door, but yeah.
    It's just something about cerise that does it

• Not exactly sure the meaning behind "surprised", but I was infatuated with Jeanne Garofolo back in 96-97 when sarcasm was everything to me.
    Travisceburaska
  • I have to agree with people here, since I discovered her on Westworld I'm having a good crush on Shannon Woodward. Plus she seems super funny. Not sure if it's surprising though.
    Travis
  • manhattnikmanhattnik the big apple
    Erin Gray. I'm old.
    36MickTravis
  • Kate McKinnon when she play Ellen DeGeneres and in Ghostbusters
    The AT&T Girl
    President Roslin- battlestar galactia

Melia004
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Ok I got one. Elaine from Seinfield. Julia Lewis-Dreyfus. I don't even know why. It was always just a 'lol wut?'. No offense to Julia at all.
    voodooratBrawn
  • jomihajomiha Springfield IL

Erin Gray. I'm old.

I'm with you. She was my one of my first crushes, along with Lynda Carter in Wonder Woman. 
    manhattnik
  • jomihajomiha Springfield IL
    I had a huge crush on CNN anchor Lynne Russell back in the 90's. And it's not TV, but I was always attracted to Frances McDormand. Something about her mouth. Weird, I know. 
    manhattnik
  • cdrive said:

Ok I got one. Elaine from Seinfield. Julia Lewis-Dreyfus. I don't even know why. It was always just a 'lol wut?'. No offense to Julia at all.

same, as trump might say, "bigly".
    cdrive
  • NathanNathan Winterfell, The North, Westeros
    Jeffrey Dean Morgan. There is no other answer. XD
    tpelzyceburaska
  • Vasilnate1Vasilnate1 Salem, MA
    edited November 2016
    Teresa from Westworld

she kind of has Septa Unella thing going on. 
    manhattnikceburaska
  • Also Elsie from Westworld

• amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England

Teresa from Westworld

I'll second that!
    Vasilnate1manhattnik
  • edited November 2016
    Ok, maybe not a surprise, but with every episode of Westworld Thandie Newton is nearing the top of my "crush" list, and my wife totally understands, lol.
    manhattnik
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    edited November 2016
    You guys have a weird idea of "surprising" crushes. Every person mentioned so far is conventionally Hollywood attractive to some degree, or at least "real person hot". A surprising crush would be someone like, say, Steve Buscemi or that woman who plays Bebe in Frasier.
    phoenyx1023amhatchtrippyTravisunread
  • My surprising crush is Spooge's lady in Breaking Bad Season 2 Episode 9. "Peakaboo".... ;) ok not really
    Dee
  • Surprise crush would be Bryan Cranston. He triggers something in me that gets me all hot and bothered. It is so fudging weird because he's not my type, he's very old, and I think he's humblevain.  
    FlashGordon
  • edited November 2016
    I realized last night that Jeffrey Wright kinda makes my kitty purr a little. He's "old," receding hair line, dad bod, short (by my standards - I'm tall and kind of a heightist), but dammit he's such a phenomenal actor, and there's something about his soft-spoken nerd thing that does it for me. I just want to cuddle and have him read to me in that sexy ass deep monotone.
    Hollyoakceburaska
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    @trippy  Oh, I don't know, I think Bugs makes a pretty sexy Brünnhilde. I'd be more surprised if I crushed on Elmer as Siegfried.

Is Roose Bolton surprising? He's creeptastic. He flays people. He says things like, "Don't make me rue the day I raped your mother." But Michael McElhatton's voice does things to me.

Deetrippyb.larev