Real cost of "staying" at Westworld

If you go to discoveringwestworld.com and "actually" book a trip to the park, you'll see that $40,000/day is just the tip of the iceberg.

First of all there are three levels of booking; standard, silver and gold ($40,000/day, $75,000/day and $200,000/day, respectively) Plus, the park requires "detox time" at the Mesa Gold Resort equal to the length of your say in the park and that's $10,000/day. Add on to that the Host Consultation Fee ($25,000), Concierge Fee ($15,000), Standard Guest Insurance ($22,000), Bio-metric Monitoring Fee ($14,000), Arbitration Deposit Fee ($5,000) and Maintenance & Service Fee ($11,000) and your one week stay will cost between $442,000 and $1,562,000.

I think Lee says that there were 1,500 guests in the park. So if that's a good average, then the park is generating between $94.7million and $334.7million per day in revenue. 

I know this is meaningless because we don't know how far in the future this is set, but I kept hearing the $40,000/day figure being bandied about and didn't think it sounded like enough to run a park like this. Now I know it's more like $63k to $223k per day.

joschmanmajjam0770Michelle

Comments

• cbspockcbspock San Antonio, Texas
    I wonder what the detox is for? 

• Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited November 2016
    So you don't go all the Wild Bunch on the outside world when you stroll directly out of Westworld.  
    cbspock said:

I wonder what the detox is for? 

MurderbearcdriveMichelleNoel
  • AjasAjas Seattle, WA
    edited November 2016
    In the conversation where they want to pull the 10% of the hosts that have been updated, they comment both that 10% of hosts is 200 of them and there are 1400 guests.

2000 hosts vs 1400 guests always seemed steep on the guests side, from what we've seen at least.
    majjam0770
  • Ajas said:

In the conversation where they want to pull the 10% of the hosts that have been updated, they comment both that 10% of hosts is 200 of them and there are 1400 guests.

2000 hosts vs 1400 guests always seemed steep on the guests side, from what we've seen at least.

yeah it does seem like there need to be far, far more hosts than guests and not a 10:7 ratio:  you shoot 2 hosts and you're kind of over budget (not to mention that they're scattered all over the map with a lot of them seemingly being in areas where few guests even go).
  • cbspockcbspock San Antonio, Texas
    That is a lot of guests. The park must have a lot more areas than we have seen. 

• At those ratios it makes you wonder how guests can be so gung-ho about killing hosts. Get one or two griefers in town and pretty soon everybody is just going to be sitting in rooms with other guests. You might have to ride for days to find an un-massacred whorehouse. Jesus.
  • With the type of experience they're offering at Westworld, the type of wealthy person who might come to partake and drawing on my experience with disinhibited players of tabletop RPGs, there would definitely need to be ground rules about areas people could and couldn't do things. You could otherwise have different guests wanting to shooting up the same bar multiple times or day, or going door to door in the whorehouse or other out of bounds behavior that could easily impact other guests.

At those ratios it makes you wonder how guests can be so gung-ho about killing hosts. Get one or two griefers in town and pretty soon everybody is just going to be sitting in rooms with other guests. You might have to ride for days to find an un-massacred whorehouse. Jesus.

• Well we have seen them "shut guests down" so they obviously have measures to ensure the experience isn't ruined. But I agree the ratio needs to be higher.
  • I'm adding on to my original thread because I'm getting pretty convinced about the two-timeline theory (William and Logan are experiencing the park 30-years before MIB)...

Logan clearly states that the park experience is costing $40,000/day when they're camping out in E4. I don't remember anyone mentioning the cost to guests anytime we're in the MIB timeline. So the cost for a stay at the park in "current" time should be more. They might have cured all men's ills besides death, but inflation never goes away.
  • GanGan
    edited November 2016
    Hmm, I've been meaning to bring this up since I found about it around Oct. 20, but I see its already been mentioned. Hmm. I already typed the post though, so sorry for the dry pie but here goes. 

Something that's interesting to note about westworld is that the price is not a set 40K per day, and that there are actually a tier of packages. 

From the westworld ARG: 

"Standard Package Price: $40k/day Every stay at Westworld covers anything you could ever need. Upon entrance to the park, you will have a private consultation in one of our state-of-the-art wardrobe showrooms. It is here where you will choose the two most important elements of your trip: your hat and your weapon. More than a garment, your choice is a code, a statement of purpose while in the park -- and the tool you choose will be the means by which you make your mark in the new world. Choose wisely, but don’t worry – there are plenty of opportunities for upgrades and changes once you’re in the field.

Silver Package Price: $75k/day This isn't your first rodeo here at Westworld. You are ready to bypass standard gameplay in the park and we can help you reach the deeper narratives faster. Whether you are white hat itching to join the bounty hunt of the decade, or black hat looking for more mischievous opportunities in Pariah, the Silver package can equip you with the resources necessary to find those mission-critical elements – and have you pushing yourself in ways you never expected.

Gold Package Price: $200k/day For our more advanced guests. Panning for the hidden gems in Westworld can take time, and our Gold package offers access to secret paths that lead straight to the outer fringes of the park. These narratives are not for the faint of heart – come unprepared, and you may find yourself blinded by the halo of righteousness, or pulled deeper into the allure of darkness. All amenities in the lower tiers are available to you, along with an arsenal of hosts and tools to unlock levels you never knew existed."

Could the Man in Black be paying higher than the 200K per day, and might the higher the tier, the more danger one could be in? For example, when William and Logan stumble into the war campaign, could they have accessed a tier meant for only the highest payers, and could that mean that the level of danger and physical harm permitted to guests in those levels be increased? (Actually... thinking about this, William and Logan are in Pariah, and that's only a silver tier package. So there has to be another campaign much more advanced, right?) Are hosts allowed to perhaps even kill guests that seek these depths of Westworld? I'm guessing the maze is part of the Gold Packages, or maybe the maze is even more elusive than that, and it's not money that pays your way in, but your life. 

Also the prices are interesting in relation to Westworld hemorrhaging money. 

• All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    edited November 2016
    Here is what I got when i went through the booking process. I picked the standard package and the standard suite for 1 week. Just over $73,000 per day for the most standard first timer experience.

Below is an estimated* invoice based on your current itinerary. A 50% deposit will be required upon check-in.

• Package Type: Standard$280,000
    • Length of Stay$40,000/day
    • Mesa Gold Detox Accommodations: Suite$140,000
    • Length of Stay$20,000/day
    • Number of Guests1
    • Host Consultation Fee$25,000
    • Concierge Fee$15,000
    • Standard Guest Insurance$22,000
    • Biometric Monitoring Fee$14,000
    • Arbitration Deposit Fee$5,000
    • Maintenance & Service Fee$11,000
    • Child Park Fee$0
    • Total$512,000

We are pleased to accept several methods of payment including premium bank card, select cryptocurrency, or secure wire transfer. As with every part of our service, all transactions will be treated with the utmost discretion.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Here is what I got.

Below is an estimated* invoice based on your current itinerary. A 50% deposit will be required upon check-in.

• Package Type: Standard$280,000
    • Length of Stay$40,000/day
    • Mesa Gold Detox Accommodations: Suite$140,000
    • Length of Stay$20,000/day
    • Number of Guests1
    • Host Consultation Fee$25,000
    • Concierge Fee$15,000
    • Standard Guest Insurance$22,000
    • Biometric Monitoring Fee$14,000
    • Arbitration Deposit Fee$5,000
    • Maintenance & Service Fee$11,000
    • Child Park Fee$0
    • Total$512,000

We are pleased to accept several methods of payment including premium bank card, select cryptocurrency, or secure wire transfer. As with every part of our service, all transactions will be treated with the utmost discretion.

Weird that for you the detox time was $20,000/day and for me it was $10,000/day for the same one-week, one-adult, standard suite stay. 

Maybe you scored a little more dangerously on the personality portion of the application?? (btw - They said that I was judged to be a sheriff in the park. Anyone else gone through it and got a different recommendation?)
  • Showing growth Bald Move has moved on from Russian boner pills trolls to car insurance trolls.
    majjam0770gguenotBloodyTacocalebthrowerNoel
  • Eh, I'm pretty sure anyone driving an auto in WestWorld is already insured and doesn't need personal auto insurance, but thanks for the offer anyway.