Moonlight

edited November 2016 in Movies

Official trailer

Summary: "A young man deals with his dysfunctional home life and comes of age in Miami during the "War on Drugs" era. The story of his struggle to find himself is told across three defining chapters in his life as he experiences the ecstasy, pain, and beauty of falling in love while grappling with his own sexuality."

People are saying this is the best movie of the year. It's opening in more cities this weekend and I've got my ticket in hand. Has anyone already seen it? Planning to go?
Deephoenyx1023

Comments

• amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    It's definitely on my to watch list, not sure when it comes out in the UK.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I hadn't heard of it but when I looked it up and saw that Janelle Monae and Naomie Harris are in it, that's good enough for me!
    NikkiP
  • @Dee, Naomie was exquisite. My goodness she's amazing.
    Dee
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @NikkiP She was Winnie Mandela in that movie with Idris Elba and she was fantastic in that too. I've seen her in a few lowkey Brit things and she's just always good.
    NikkiP
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    Dee said:

@NikkiP She was Winnie Mandela in that movie with Idris Elba and she was fantastic in that too. I've seen her in a few lowkey Brit things and she's just always good.

She was fantastic as Winnie Mandela, I couldn't believe she didn't get any awards love. #oscarssowhite
    Dee
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    edited November 2016
    Absolutely loved the filmmaking in this one. The movie has a very dreamlike quality which I think is the besy way to tell stories of childhood and adolense because that's how you remember them. It also lends to tone of never quite feel safe or settled, there is always a feeling of slipping away.

This film was almost was never made so it's so great to see it out there. Few films about protagonists that are gay, even fewer still about those who are not white. 
    NikkiP
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Adding to the list.