Spread the word and #SaveBaldMove

Hey guys

Hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes, but I was thinking that one of the best ways to bring traffic to the site and possible donations sooner than later would be to spread the word on social media.  There are a lot of people out there who understand the struggles small businesses face and would be willing to donate a buck or two or maybe more, you never know.

I'm not really a Twitter person; I wanted to share the link on Instagram, so i made a nifty graphic to make it a bit more exciting

Maybe if members share this and add #SaveBaldMove and baldmove.com/shop/ , it could raise interest and who knows, maybe you will find a rich old widow who just cannot wait to fund an independent podcating company! Just a thought, let me know what you guys think!

FlashGordonStacyeJMichelleDummyTaraC73Nathan

Comments

• A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Haha, man. So, I cringe when I think of Save Bald Move as a slogan because it seems so dramatic, but that's just me being weird, because it's the obvious, pithy choice to go with. And true enough. I love it as a grass roots thing. The NatterCast is doing a fund drive for us. I really don't know how to process all of this, but I'm so glad of the support!
    StacyeJBrawn36MickBTskyrunnerMichelleTaraC73CodyHarris821Freddy
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BlanchBlanch Tempe, Az
    Understood. I do tend to have a flair for the dramatic. What about #SupportBaldMove?
    TaraC73Kela15
  • BlanchBlanch Tempe, Az
    edited November 2016
    Word. Feedback is an important part of the creative process.
    Elisa
  • I LOVE Blanch's picture! Is it a go or no-go? We need to get this on Twitter, for sure. I don't know how many Walking Dead fans will be active there tomorrow, but it won't be zero! Let's hype the live watch for the subscription and hashtag it with SaveBaldMove! Yeah? I'm a follower, so, please, if some leader would start a Twitter campaign I'd be thrilled to tweet the day away.
    Elisa
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    I think it should be posted during TWD east coast and west coast - we can all retweet it and post it on our facebook too.
  • BlanchBlanch Tempe, Az
    Let me adjust the image and get the go ahead, I'll post an update soon. I don't want to jump the gun without everyone having a chance to weigh in
    Elisa
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    I still think Save Bald Move is good, because we need people to wake up and give.  We need a reaction.
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    I'd be glad to tweet the hell out of this pic
    Elisa
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Me too!
    Elisa
  • FernNYC17FernNYC17 New York, NY
    Me three!! My twitter and facebook will be ready to go!
    Elisa
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    I'll IG the pic fo sho! Give us the go-ahead <3
    Elisa
  • mwspiakmwspiak Upstate NY
    man they should just open the Sink Shitting podcast from LWJ&A last year and link that. If You Shit It They Will Come.
    DaniTaraC73Brawn
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    edited November 2016
    For reference, the official Twitter handles and hashtags of the 3 shows (I think) that are currently airing and getting podcasts: 

I'm @spocksbrian if you wanna hit me up
    DummyTaraC73Elisa
  • @Blanch

Great idea, but I don't understand your choice of words in the graphic

If somebody who doesn't know baldmove sees "save baldmove"..... why would they be interested?
    People who don't have a clue what baldmove is, probably are not going to care about saving it.

Or are you targeting people who are already familiar with baldmove?
    TaraC73
  • Haha, man. So, I cringe when I think of Save Bald Move as a slogan because it seems so dramatic, but that's just me being weird, because it's the obvious, pithy choice to go with. And true enough. I love it as a grass roots thing. The NatterCast is doing a fund drive for us. I really don't know how to process all of this, but I'm so glad of the support!

Sincerely, I urge you to not feel bad in the "no charity is best" sort of way, although I certainly understand the emotion. Bald Move has really made working six nights a week a lot more enjoyable, just as Netflix/Amazon/HBO etc. has made on-demand viewing in general so worth the cost, IMO. I don't think I am alone in not feeling cheated at all by having to pay less than the price of a fast food combo, per month, to keep the podcasts coming. Yeah, we love you guys, but you are selling something (of yourselves other than your bodies on the street)--witty entertainment, and I support that whole-heartedly.
    StacyeJMichelleElisa
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH

@Blanch

If somebody who doesn't know baldmove sees "save baldmove"..... why would they be interested?
    People who don't have a clue what baldmove is, probably are not going to care about saving it.

Meant to target people who know baldmove but may not be here or listen to LWJA to get the low down on how desperate things are. :)
    Elisa
  • michielterlouwmichielterlouw Helsinki
    edited November 2016
    TaraC73 said:

@Blanch

Meant to target people who know baldmove but may not be here or listen to LWJA to get the low down on how desperate things are. :)

Hmmmmm...... I think @A_Ron_Hubbard ; and Jim and have a much more direct and effective way to reach people who are already familiar with Baldmove: they can simply talk about it in their podcasts.

If I were them, I would make a Game of Thrones Christmas Special. An in-between seasons episode of their most successful podcast (in terms of audience), with some speculation for next season, maybe an interview with somebody who works on the show (if they can find somebody), some listener feedback.... anything to make an hour of interesting content. And then halfway through the show, a 10 minutes interlude to discuss the dire situation at Baldmove, and explain why people need to sign up as club members NOW. To increase the call to action (i.e. get people to act immediately) anyone who signs up during the Christmas holidays automatically joins a lottery, from which the winner will get a super nice GoT price: a 10 minutes chat with Jim and A.Ron about GoT that will be broadcasted during the first podcast episode of the next GoT season. Or some other GoT related price.

If we as a community are going to use social media to reach millions of people .... I think it would be more useful if we use Twitter, Instagram and Facebook post to tell all our friends that we love to listen to Baldmove podcast, and that everyone should give it a try. In other words: attract new listeners

Doctor_NickMelia004
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    I'm gonna hashtag both and post this flyer. #SaveBaldMove  #SupportBaldMove
    StacyeJ
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    @A_Ron_Hubbard Ha ha. Every time you guys get all sheepish about how much people love y'all's work it makes me think of Bunk telling Jimmy "This is that Catholic shit."
  • OK, I wrote a blog post review. I didn't emphasize the fundraising but did emphasize the community spirit and used the fundraising as an example. Reason being, I want this to stand for a while just on its own merits as a review.

I'll schedule some social media posts during the week when people are working and at their desks. Probably not Tuesday LOL

Hey, this is great !!!!

I immediately shared your blog post on facebook and twitter. Hope that's okay?

Elisa
  • Just joined for the year. Someone on Nina's FB group posted about your situation, which is how I became aware it. Best of luck. You guys are great!
    ElisaDee
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles

OK, I wrote a blog post review. I didn't emphasize the fundraising but did emphasize the community spirit and used the fundraising as an example. Reason being, I want this to stand for a while just on its own merits as a review.

I'll schedule some social media posts during the week when people are working and at their desks. Probably not Tuesday LOL

Hey, this is great !!!!

I immediately shared your blog post on facebook and twitter. Hope that's okay?

Great idea...shared on my facebook and twitter just now.