It's a Wonderful Life

Just thought of this from posting in the State of Bald Move thread.  But, maybe, in the spirit of recent events, and with the holiday season coming up - I seem to recall a few lunches back Jim & ARon trying to determine what to do with this holiday season - how about a holiday podcast for It's a Wonderful Life?

I love this movie.  I don't care how many times I've seen it.

Plus, I think it might be an interesting perspective given our current Bald Move environment.

Now, I don't ask the fine gentlemen from Ohio to do anything for free.  And, I don't ask this because I want to jump the line on commissions.  But, I do have a commission pending (likely far in 2017) for a different movie but I'd be willing to change my movie if it didn't cause a big stir and provide for the holiday season.

I don't know if either guy has seen it.  I kind of figured every man, woman, and child in America has but, just throwing it out there.  If the community doesn't like it, just throw it right on back.
DummyTaraC73ghm3

Comments

• JoshuaHeterJoshuaHeter Omaha, NE
    edited November 2016
    This would be an amazing Christmas gift. I'd chip in if there is a fund started to move it up on the list... maybe it could drop on Christmas Eve?

A Bald Move fan can dream.
    TaraC73
  • Of course, it would kind of put a damper on the holiday festivities if they both hate it and gave it the Bald Move treatment.

I might be bummed out to hear Jim wish us all "a Happy New Year to you.....IN JAIL..."
    JoshuaHeter
  • JoshuaHeterJoshuaHeter Omaha, NE
    edited November 2016
    I might be blindly optimistic, but I'm hopeful they'd have a lot of positive things to say. Both @Jim and @A_Ron_Hubbard have had positive things to say about Jimmy Stewart (I think so anyway).

Besides, Jim isn't Mr. Potter... that's Jeff Bezos.
  • I just realized, if this happens, this would be 2 Jimmy Stewart commissioned podcasts by me.

You'd think I was his grandkid or something.  

But, then I'd be swimming in that sweet, sweet Mr. Smith money.
    JoshuaHeter
  • There's plenty of good Jimmy Stewart material that could get the Bald Move treatment.

If someone commissions 'Fivel goes West', then we'll know we've gone too far.
    DrKen
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    DrKen said:

I just realized, if this happens, this would be 2 Jimmy Stewart commissioned podcasts by me.

You'd think I was his grandkid or something.  

But, then I'd be swimming in that sweet, sweet Mr. Smith money.
    I think my favorite part of that movie is when Jimmy like breaks down to his wife and asks why they had to have all those rotten kids. It never fails to make me laugh. I don't have kids, and I feel like he was speaking words of wisdom to me. God knows I'd have really rotten kids. 
  • I'd like this as part of a double header with A Christmas Story
    JoshuaHeterTaraC73
  • What about doing National Lampoon's Christmas or Miracle on 34th Street (the original)? I like It's a Wonderful Life but would be more inclined to these two
    TaraC73
  • After tonight I think the double bill needs to be Mr. Smith Goes to Washington.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I feel like you have to be American to appreciate this movie. I've seen it a couple of times and I'm just "Ehhhhhhhh..." (and I do like old movies and Jimmy Stewart)
  • mwspiakmwspiak Upstate NY
    I would totally buy a couple shares for a commission of this.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    We have already started the Holiday planning and I think you'll be happy with what we're coming up with based on this thread.
    JoshuaHetermwspiakTaraC73DrKenhisdudeness915
  • Bigger alcohol tree!!