Thoughts on Chris Pratt as Indiana Jones?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/28/entertainment/feat-chris-pratt-indiana-jones/

I love Indy more than Star Wars, and this is probably the best case scenario for Indy, right? The opening scene of Guardians of the Galaxy was pretty similar to the opening of Raiders...
If you don't like Pratt, who do you recommend?

Comments

• Do we really need a new Indiana Jones? I enjoy Chris Pratt and he was great in Guardians, but we don't need another Indy. But if we have to have a new one, at least he'd have fun with it.
  • I agree that we don't need an Indiana Jones reboot as much as I love the series, but if it's happening I'm all for Pratt as Indy.
  • broompersonbroomperson the Iron Islands
    edited January 2015
    Need to slow the fuck down on these roles for Chris Pratt. His name is getting thrown around so much at this pace I'm afraid he's gonna get casted right out of his pants. EDIT: IDK what that even means
  • I won't happen. Harrison Ford probably even said he'd due the next star wars if they make a new indiana jones with him in it.
  • My gut instinct on this would also be that it's unnecessary, and the trilogy doesn't need touching, I have wiped the nightmare that was; Shia le beouf as Indy's son out of my mind.. it's still a trilogy in my head.

None the less Chris Pratt could probably do it justice, if they rebooted it and made an awesome new film then it's all good, it just seem's unlikely that they will deliver.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    I hear what you all are saying, but I think with Star Wars, Star Trek, James Bond, etc, it's not about the actors but it's about the settings, stories, and character. They're all fantastic, and if they have more compelling stories to tell and actors that can pull them off, why not. I'd love to see more of Dr. Jones. I love Chris Pratt, and I think he'd have an excellent take on the character. Not sure how he'd pull off the "Doctor" part of the role though. That was the brilliant part of Harrison, he's smart and deep enough to play a convincing thinking man's bad ass. Can Pratt do that? Wouldn't count him out, certainly, but it would be an interesting to see him try.

I would have been more about letting the trilogy rest, except they've already fucked it up, and by my count twice. Temple of Doom was garbage, Crystal Skull is total garbage. I could use some Pratt to wash the LaBeouf out of my mouth... Wait. Did that come out right?
  • So, if they fucked up the last two, why not one more? ;)
  • WarpFoxWarpFox Nashville, TN
    Michael Fassbender, IMO.
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited January 2015
    Thanks guys. I had completely repressed that Crystal Skull piece of crap until this thread. I honestly had forgotten they even made the thing. The memories are flooding back. The refrigerator! Oh God! There were super-terrible CGI monkeys too, right? I think that is honestly one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Right up there with City of Angels and Enemy at the Gates.

In regards to Pratt though, I'm kind of in line with a lot of you. @A.Ron.Hubbard kind of said exactly what I was thinking. I like Indiana Jones, I like Chris Pratt (and I do believe he should be able to pull it off), and if they have a story that warrants it that all sounds great to me.
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited January 2015
    "Indiana Jones and the National Treasure 3"
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited January 2015

Not sure how he'd pull off the "Doctor" part of the role though. That was the brilliant part of Harrison, he's smart and deep enough to play a convincing thinking man's bad ass. Can Pratt do that? Wouldn't count him out, certainly, but it would be an interesting to see him try.

My thoughts exactly, the thing about the humor from Jones is that it stems from the situations the he's in, but the character itself can be taken seriously. I don't think I'm going to be able to do that with Burt Macklin, FBI at the helm.
  • @DoctorBell I definitely see why you would be skeptical about it, and I have no proof to support it but I just have a feeling that Chris Pratt has a lot more range than we have had the opportunity to see. I could be totally wrong and maybe it's just because I hope he does, but I think he has the potential.

That said, I love Burt Macklin:
    "Looks like this Siberian Husky is going to be rushin... off to jail"
This discussion has been closed.