CALL TO ACTION: Lets get PRISONERS Commisioned

Calling all Prisoners fans! We have to get this movie commissioned and show Jim and ARon how awesome this movie is! I'd buy the first share but it doesn't seem like there's a lot of interest so I don't wanna just torch $10 (no offense J & A). Let me know if any other fans are interested and I'll lead the purchase (or 2)

Comments

• I want them to see this. I was going to commission it if I won the fantasy Football league. But if we can get enough people to buy shares then I'm happy to throw down some shares
    gguenot
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I'd definitely buy a few shares. I just caught this the other day and really loved it. Grim as shit, but thats my speed for most entertainment. 
    gguenot
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    One of the most tense cinema experiences I've ever had. Think my friend and I bruised each other's legs from grabbing them so hard!
    gguenot
  • amyja89 said:

One of the most tense cinema experiences I've ever had. Think my friend and I bruised each other's legs from grabbing them so hard!

Yea, and not to mention the incredible acting from.. pretty much everyone!
  • jomihajomiha Springfield IL
    I'd throw ten bones in. Love this movie.
    This fucking thing is 2 1/2 hours long, but it somehow flew by. Oh...and that ending is about as perfect an ending as I have experienced. Probably an exaggeration--but its really excellent. 
  • Haven't seen it but I would! This would push me to watch it
  • No spoilers in this thread guys. Let's not mess it up for anyone who hasn't seen it.
    gguenotMelonusk
    edited November 2016
    Hatorian said:

No spoilers in this thread guys. Let's not mess it up for anyone who hasn't seen it.

I tried to be cognizant of that. Thanks for the reminder though. I love you @Hatorian
    Hatorian
  • Awwww...Have you been drinking??? Haha
  • I don't see it in the shop anymore :( maybe it met its shares?
  • Or they can just watch and review a great movie for their own pleasure. Ha.
    gguenot
  • It's not in the commissioned podcast queue. But let's hope it's been commissioned.
    gguenot
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    One of my favorite movies - just rewatched it a couple weeks ago. It's a thriller of a first watch, but the subtleties are even more satisfying the more times you see it. 

I would definatly throw in some shares. 
    gguenot
  • Many thanks to Hatorian for choosing this movie as a result of his fantasy win. This is probably in my top 5 favorite movies. I didnt know whether a new threat should be made-- i thought Id leave the honors to @Hatorian if he wanted to do it.
    MurderbearHatorian
  • I'd rather them watch a couple of the episodes from the original series.
  • I didnt know it was a prior series
    This movie blew my mind when I originally saw it. I can't wait to get around to the podcast. 
    gguenot
  • gguenot said:
    I didnt know it was a prior series
    It wasn't...I was busy working while responding before and thought that this thread was about the British show 'The Prisoner' haha!
    gguenot
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited February 7
    Thanks guys! Great cast. I’m sure the cheating comments were just joking but rest assured everything was on the up and up. There were 11 other fellow baldmovers in the league that I won and yahoo fantasy has very transparent commissioner changes so it’s literally impossible to cheat. Any changes made by the commissioner is communicated to every player so if I did anything to adjust in my favour it would be quickly flagged. I’m sure someone out of the 11 other baldnovers in the league would have posted a complaint if I did anything fishy. ;)

Chinaski
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    @Hatorian- thanks for putting the leagues together and a helluva pick for your commissioned choice. all 3 picks were fun AF imo.

now here's the ticket.. @A_Ron_Hubbard and @jim partake next year. could you imagine?.. a_ron full on engaged, making move after move.. while jim just adjusts the roster cause of byes. then jim wins it all and laughs at all of us? sounds hilarious and totally possible.
    Hatorian
  • No worries mate. Looking forward to next year. Although now I’m a bit worried that if I win one of the leagues next year I might get banned. Haha ;)
    Chinaski
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Hatorian said:
    No worries mate. Looking forward to next year. Although now I’m a bit worried that if I win one of the leagues next year I might get banned. Haha ;)
    if you commission Lost or any of the Harry Potters that's very possible so tread lightly
  • If I win one of the leagues next year I’m thinking Friday Night Lights movie. 1 it’s a great movie with a very unexpected ending and 2. It’s a good tribute to football
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Oh yeah, those were all definitely jokes.  Nothing but respect and thanks for being the commish on this end.
    Hatorian
  • OliviaDOliviaD Cincinnati, Ohio
    @A_Ron_Hubbard during the podcast you mentioned jake gyllenhall's puppy eyes and it reminded me of this video 

A_Ron_Hubbard
    I listened to this today and thought it was funny how @A_Ron_Hubbard kept using the term "True Crime", where for me true crime has always been books about actual crime stories. Same for movies, if it were a true crime movie, it might be a movie based on Ted Bundy or Whitey Bulger or something. Where, as far as I know, Prisoners is not based on any specific real life story. Totally picking knits here, it just caught my attention because I have a personal affinity for true crime books. (Movies less so because they tend to exaggerate and embellish for the purposes of plotting and screen time. It actually surprises me that you don't dig more true crime books, A.Ron, because of your love for The Wire and Breaking Bad)
    gguenot
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    It's funny that the True  Crime genre is nearly 100 percent sensational murders and serial killers. I don't get it, but to each their own. If the genre was more like The Wire I might be more interested. I really liked Killing Pablo, for instance, but I don't think that falls under True Crime.
  • I thought True Crime was like Making a Murderer and that Catholic Church nun documentary 
    gguenot said:
    I thought True Crime was like Making a Murderer and that Catholic Church nun documentary 
    Thats my understanding of it as well. I think if you were to go to the True Crime section of a bookstore it would probably be 80% serial killers and mafia related stories, which is what @A_Ron_Hubbard mentioned, and I can't argue that he is wrong. 
    gguenot