Season 3 Episode 1 discussion

Big expectations this season - should be good. Here we go.

Comments

• I started a stopwatch - how long till an iconic 80s song, sex, or Phillip killing someone??
  • tom_gtom_g WV
    edited January 2015
    good night John Boy
  • 38 min 58 seconds
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Question: Did Phillip plan on Annalise getting murdered by Yusef or did he just try to make the best of a bad situation?
  • the latter I think.
  • ksa1001ksa1001 Plano, TX

Question: Did Phillip plan on Annalise getting murdered by Yusef or did he just try to make the best of a bad situation?

He CERTAINLY didn't act too quickly, I'm guessing he planned it.
  • I don't think it was planned - Elizabeth even made a comment later that indicated they regarded it as a loss - something along the lines of 'Annalise should have been my operative'.
  • colleencolleen wisconsin
    That first scene where it showed Elizabeth remembering throwing Paige in the pool gave me chills. It is going to be really interesting to see Elizabeth's emotional maternal journey. I really hope she sees the light and gets on the same page as Phillip, but I kind of doubt it.

I think Phillip was making the best of a bad situation. It didn't seem like he could hear what was going on very well behind the wall. However, I don't think he is too broken up considering Annalise was such an unstable asset. He's probably a bit relieved to not have to deal with her anymore.
  • JohnnieDarkJohnnieDark South Florida
    I also thought he might've planned it especially after she had her little crying episode in the car.
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    For someone who watched half of season 1 and none of season 2, I am really enjoying the pace, intrigue and spy vs spy fun. Quality programming.
  • I don’t see how Phillip could’ve planned the murder. He didn’t know Annalise would confess or how Yousuf would react to the confession. He was reluctant to intervene because he couldn’t hear well what was going on; he didn’t hear the confession and probably misinterpreted the chocking sounds as random sex noise. Plus, Phillip doesn’t take murder lightly; he only kills people when he has no other choice.
  • ksa1001ksa1001 Plano, TX
    Elisa said:

For someone who watched half of season 1 and none of season 2, I am really enjoying the pace, intrigue and spy vs spy fun. Quality programming.

Season 2 is REALLY worth checking out.
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Loved the podcast guys. Lots of good insight and analysis and not just a recap show which is fantastic for me. I especially got a revelation when ARON mentioned the 'flip it' going on between the Russians and Americans. The Americans wanted Afghanistan to be the Russian's Vietnam. The Americans show the hostage and killing footage in the episode and it makes you squirm, because it is apparent that the old Russians put "the flip" on us. Cut to the current american/middle east situation with hostages and killings on youtube and you're like HOLY FCK! Brilliant guys!