Better Call Saul - Season 3

JoshuaHeterJoshuaHeter Omaha, NE
edited November 2016 in Better Cast Saul
This is barely counts as BCS Season 3 news; I guess I'm just ready for it to start again.

These pictures might only be from the opening scene of the season, but it looks like we're going to see Gene again.
Frakkin TDeeHeisenburger

Comments

• LukeLuke Central Illinois
    Can't wait. Better Call Saul is probably my favorite show currently airing.
    JoshuaHeter
  • GeorgeGeorge Astoria, New York
    Ah, I'm so happy to see this. I am in dire need of some beautiful scenic shots.
    JoshuaHeter
  • Is it too early to make some Season 3 predictions? I don't know if I'm brave enough, but I'd be happy to read everyone else's wild speculations. :)
    TaraC73
  • BCS was my favorite show of the year. Can't wait for next season. I may squeal like a schoolgirl if I see some pictures of Jimmy and Gus. 
    TaraC73
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I bloody love this show - I liked it more than Breaking Bad. Can't wait for it to return.
    GeorgeFrakkin T
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Love this show! I suck at predicting things. And thats just fine with me, I like the surprise. But damn, I can't wait. As pumped as I am for Game of Thrones to return, I always know I can rely on Jimmy to scratch the Breaking Bad itch that has been getting at me ever since that ended. 
    JoshuaHeter
  • @Garthgou81

I think most of us suck at predicting things (or at least, predicting the future plots of popular television).

Here are two 'weak' predictions.

1) Befofe the end of season 3, we'll hear the 'Better Call Saul' catchphrase.
    2) Before the end of the series, either Kim or Chuck will die.

Given the broadness of these predictions, even if they come true, they probably earn me more scorn than praise. But, whatever.
    Yeah, I am actually just finishing (about my third) rewatch of Breaking Bad. I'd always perk up with Saul on-screen. They managed to retroactively make this amazing character even more amazing as well as tease us for how he actually gets there. 

In addition it does make you wonder how much of his spiel is actually fact. Like does he just interchange truth and fiction at a whim? For example, in his first episode he divulges to Walt that his real name is Jimmy, which we know is truth. But later on he mentions having two wives (I think). Is that shit he just made up? Or are we going to see a montage at some point of Jimmy getting hitched after things (inevitably) don't work out with Kim? All very compelling stuff. 
    Frakkin T
  • I haven't let myself get excited about this yet because I know we have to wait until after christmas, but oh man this is a good show. I'd like to see them bring in Gus, but it also seems that Mike has a ways to go in establishing himself to the point where Gus would reach out and recruit him. (Although Mike has been a dick to the cartel, which I'm sure amuses Gus.) 

Also I think we need to see Kuby and Huell again, mostly because I love Bill Burr and I love the performances the Villigang can get out of comedians. 
    DummyMelonusk

I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, “If this isn’t nice, I don’t know what is."

• The best parts of the show so far have been Mike. The episode where he kills the 2 cops is by far the best episode of the series so far.
    No Half Measures....
  • Cannot wait to see what Chuck does with his tape. BCS starting in Feb. is nice, since it helps take the edge off of whatever is wrong with TWDs comeback.
    Melia004 said:

Cannot wait to see what Chuck does with his tape. BCS starting in Feb. is nice, since it helps take the edge off of whatever is wrong with TWDs comeback.

Wait...TWD has problematic parts? First I'm hearing! 
  • BigSmellBigSmell Raleigh, NC
    Frakkin T said:

Also I think we need to see Kuby and Huell again, mostly because I love Bill Burr and I love the performances the Villigang can get out of comedians. 
    Yes. More Bill Burr in everything. I think that if he shows up and Villigang works in a way for him to yell "Just checkin in on ya!!", I might faint. 
    Frakkin TMelia004
    Yeah, I'll have the X5
    Here we go, guys! Season 3 promos are starting on up!

Underwood
  • Could "Better Call Saul" spinoff into another series, "Cinnabon Gene"?
    TaraC73Freddy
  • BigSmell said:

Frakkin T said:

Yes. More Bill Burr in everything. I think that if he shows up and Villigang works in a way for him to yell "Just checkin in on ya!!", I might faint. 
    It doesn't seem to be Villigan's style to appear on camera, but it would be hilarious if he had a bit role on BCS as some super badass villain. The contrast from his usual Santa Claus-level niceness could be comedy gold.
  • This will be a breakout year - Winner of the Drama category in the Baldies next year.  TomG in WV 2/9/2017
    So what? No f*kin ziti now?
  • PS said:
    Hmmm.. I don't know if I'll like that. Did Pinkman have a connection to Saul pre-Breaking Bad?

I think the cameo might feel shoe-horned in.
    Dee
  • PS said:
    Hmmm.. I don't know if I'll like that. Did Pinkman have a connection to Saul pre-Breaking Bad?

Yeah Walter and Jesse are off the table for me. It would feel way too fan-servicey and I think Villigan knows it. 
    Dee

I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, “If this isn’t nice, I don’t know what is."

• You can bring in Jesse and Walter in a way that works. It would need to be with a original BCS character though. Like the baseball card guy knowin Walter or Jesse uses the girl as an attorney for something. It can be done. But it can't be with Mike, Saul or Gus.
    No Half Measures....
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited February 15
    The easiest thing, which is already partially setup is:

Krazy Eight (already seen on BCS)-----> Emilio (Jesse's drug selling partner, Krazy Eight's cousin, also a client of Saul Goodman)------> Jesse Pinkman
  • AjasAjas Seattle, WA

Possibly... Jesse introduced Mr White to the idea of Better Call Saul pretty infamously:

"When the going gets tough, you don't want a criminal lawyer.  You want a criminal lawyer."
  • LukeLuke Central Illinois
    Are we for sure Jesse didn't know Saul? It's been awhile since I've watched the show but wasn't it his idea to get a "criminal lawyer" and suggested Saul?

Now I agree having Jesse appear as a regular on the show would probably break continuity, but having Saul simply meet him while representing either Krazy Eight, Badger, or some other minor character from BB would still fit the timeline IMO.
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited February 16
    Jesse told Walt Saul got Emilio off twice. That's how he knew about Saul. Emilio was Jesse's partner and Krazy Eight's cousin.
    Luke said:

Are we for sure Jesse didn't know Saul? It's been awhile since I've watched the show but wasn't it his idea to get a "criminal lawyer" and suggested Saul?

Now I agree having Jesse appear as a regular on the show would probably break continuity, but having Saul simply meet him while representing either Krazy Eight, Badger, or some other minor character from BB would still fit the timeline IMO.

• JoshuaHeterJoshuaHeter Omaha, NE
    edited February 16
    I think they could go either way on the 'Does Jesse know, or has Jesse interacted with Saul' issue (i.e. prior to the 'Better Call Saul' BB episode).

The most natural way to read Jesse's dialogue (to me) is that he knows of Saul... but doesn't know him personally. It wouldn't be *too much* of a stretch to see them interact a little, but if Jesse and Saul have any sort of extended mutual storyline, that would make the dialogue in the 'Better Call Saul' BB episode odd at best, and really, kind of not make sense.

Like others have pointed out, it would make more sense just for Jesse to interact with another BCS character... maybe Krazy Eight or even Nacho.
    Melonusk
  • I would personally prefer that any cameo by Jesse be set in the "future", a.k.a. Gene's time... There's no other way it wouldn't look ridiculous, unless they can make Aaron Paul's head roughly 40% smaller, as it was in 2008. Walt, I'd prefer he be left out entirely. Just leave Heiseberg where we left him.
    edited February 19
    Melia004 said:

I would personally prefer that any cameo by Jesse be set in the "future", a.k.a. Gene's time... There's no other way it wouldn't look ridiculous, unless they can make Aaron Paul's head roughly 40% smaller, as it was in 2008. Walt, I'd prefer he be left out entirely. Just leave Heiseberg where we left him.

As great as Ozymandias was, that scene at the beginning where they flash back to their first cook always irked me. Aaron Paul is a great looking guy, but his face is noticeably fuller than when the series started. It just betrays what they were trying to do and is distracting. There would just be more of the same if they tried to tie him in to the pre-Walt timeline. 

I may be in the minority here, but I really think the show needs to use Breaking Bad alum very very sparingly. Each time they bring in a BB character on BCS, it blunts the impact more and more. In addition it makes the BCS/BB world feel smaller and smaller. I am not saying they shouldn't do this, they just need to be selective when doing it and not throw in characters just for fan service. 
    Frakkin TMelia004

• Very Tim & Eric.
    jazzminawa