HTGAWM - #whoisunderthesheet SPOILER

TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
DAAAAAAAAMN!!!!!

Thoughts? I am SHOCKED it was Wes... daaaaaaaaamn!!!!

Do you think Annalise knew? Did Bonnie order frank to kill him? He had already signed that statement so isn't everyone still in trouble? Killing him is just going to get them into more trouble.

I love Frank and Bonnie together. I enjoyed Laurel and Wes too :(

What do we think is going to happen next season?

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    edited November 2016
    I'm not super shocked, but it definitely took me by surprise. I thought it would be Nate - his character doesn't really have much importance to the storyline anymore.

The main thing I'm interested in is who killed Wes - I think the Mahoney family did it as revenge for Wes testifying against the son.
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    @Michelle is that the family with the adopted kids (black son Asian daughter)? I don't recognize the name and forget the storyline.

I think Bonnie asked frank to do it. But it doesn't matter because Wes signed the statement before he was killed so they are all fucked now right? Or did he just sign the immunity deal and hasn't made a statement yet. I need to Rewatch.
  • @TaraC73, I believe the Mahoney family is the family that the son is currently being tried for murder for the father (the guy that we also suspect is Wes' real father and who he was talking to right as he got shot at the end of last season)

With regards to the statement, did Wes actually sign something?  He was first negotiating his immunity deal.  Why would he sign a statement indicating Annalise without first finalizing his immunity deal? And we just saw that he left the station before he signed the immunity deal (because he didn't like the language and wanted it fix to include a few things).  So, I'd have to think that Wes never signed anything and the DA/police are just using the fact that he was willing to testify against Annalise as proof enough to arrest her for the time being.

As for the topic, I definitely was not expecting Wes mainly because he seemed to be too important to the show.  Originally I thought it was going to come down to Wes and someone else and then it would be someone else because I thought Wes was too important.  So, as the episode was unfolding, I thought it would be Nate because as @Michelle, pointed out, Nate's part in the story seem to be drifting to the point where he wasn't a required character anymore.  So, in terms of who killed Wes, it's a good question.  I wouldn't be surprised if Annalise ordered it because she somehow found out that Wes was going to betray her.  Then again, perhaps either Bonnie or Frank found out and they did it without Annalise's approval.  Or maybe, the Mahoney's did do it as well to shut Wes up.  Should be interesting.

Also, was it too fast to make it that Wes is the father of Laurel's baby?  Clearly, Laurel didn't know she was pregnant and she just started sleeping with Wes, so is it possible that in the timeline of things that Frank is the actual father?  

Michelle
  • MichelleMichelle California
    In the show's timeline, how long will it have been since the last time Frank and Laurel slept together?  Was it right before she hooked up with Wes?  I really liked Laurel and Frank together (way more than Frank and Bonnie - UGH).  However, I can see the writers making the baby Wes' as a way to have that memory of his character. 

Regarding the statement, I don't think he actually did sign anything.  He was having them amend it, then left in a hurry.  So now any proof that he was willing to testify against Annalise is reliant on either word of mouth or if it's on camera or tape somehow.

So, who did kill Wes?  Did we ever hear how he actually died before the explosion?  It seems to me that it was someone in the house with him, who maybe gave him poisoned food or drink, or strangled him, then set up the explosion to happen at a certain time, then split.  It could be anyone who basically had access to Annalise's house - any of the Keating 4, that skeezy student that they don't like, Oliver, Nate, Annalise, Bonnie, Frank, or maybe someone broke in to the house and targeted him?  Could it have been that they wanted to target Annalise instead, but killed Wes after he found them in her home?  Or is it possible he killed himself?  Sooooo many questions.
  • "Did we ever hear how he actually died before the explosion?"

I don't believe so.  I think we have to wait until the show comes back to find out this info.  Same with the questions regarding who killed Wes.

Michelle
  • edited March 2017
    Anyone still watching this?  Thoughts?  Personally, the reveal of who killed Wes wasn't exactly who I would have guessed.  Although, I was wondering what happened to the character and why that person wasn't around considering the circumstances.
    I have a couple backed up! AND now dish network isn't carrying abc anymore so I'm probably gonna miss this weeks.
  • @TaraC73 The 2/23 ep was actually the season finale. So maybe dish network will get its shit together by the time it's back in the fall. :-)
    TaraC73
  • Well, now i'm glad that I didn't spoil the character's name, :).

TaraC73
    Thanks @phoenyx1023 I'm sure it won't last too much longer!

This discussion has been closed.