Teach @A_Ron_Hubbard how to cook

2»

Comments

• Cream cheese makes the MPs super smooth and velvety
    Vasilnate1Michelle
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    Oh now that's interesting @adobo1148 ! Can you taste it a lot?
    Vasilnate1
  • TaraC73 said:

Oh now that's interesting @adobo1148 ! Can you taste it a lot?

You get creaminess without tasting the cheese, lots of butter as well

Vasilnate1TaraC73Michelle
  • adobo1148 said:

Cream cheese makes the MPs super smooth and velvety

Ooh cream cheese sounds good, need to try that. We've been adding full-fat Fage Greek yogurt to MP, has creaminess and some tanginess (we always have it on the house cuz our kid loves the stuff).
    Vasilnate1TaraC73Michelle
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    adobo1148 said:

Cream cheese makes the MPs super smooth and velvety

I use sour cream, but now I want to try it with cream cheese. I throw in onion powder or onion flakes as well as some garlic. I think its sort of hard to fuck up unless you aren't routinely tasting things. 
    Vasilnate1
  • Vasilnate1Vasilnate1 Salem, MA
    edited November 2016
    A little basil chiffonade added to MP can make them very elegant, pairs well with steak and Pinot Noir
    adobo1148
  • TaraC73 said:

MrX said:

I sometimes make red skinned garlic mashed and I don't peel those. Mmmmmm those are a heavenly taste. I'll have to add them to our menu this week.

You can also take the little red skinned potatoes, toss them with some olive oil and spices of your liking, and just roast them in the oven. Easy peasy and so yummy!
    par boil them firsrt,  smoosh them flat then roast, they come out like crispy potato pancakes
    TaraC73Michelle
  • Roasted spuds are my jam, but don't seem as popular over here

Boil 'em a little, strain them with a colander or seive, roll 'em around to chuff 'em up a bit and then bake in the oven with goose fat

Crispy deliciousness
    Vasilnate1
  • my man! with the goose fat...flavor town!
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I didn't boil mine. Instead. I coated them in a salt and butter rub, then baked them as if we were just making baked potatoes. From there I left the skins on and just mashed away adding sour cream, occasionally whole milk, a stick of butter, the onion powder, and salt and peppered to taste, threw them in a pot to heat back up and have them coalesce. Perfection. 
    Vasilnate1
  • A little basil chiffonade added to MP can make them very elegant, pairs well with steak and Pinot Noir

oooo sounds delightful
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    I am craving fucking potatoes now in the worst way.

*belly growwwwwwwwwl*
    Vasilnate1Michelle
  • edited November 2016
    I'm amazed that a thread about cooking potatoes has caught so much traction.

But cream cheese mashed potatoes are delicious. Now that the Thanksgiving leftovers are gone, I don't have an excuse to eat them with every meal :(
  • OK guys, I am also amazed this thread got this deep, I started it!   Maybe Bald Move forums needs a "Food" page.  whos in?
  • GrahamGraham Grand Rapids, MI

OK guys, I am also amazed this thread got this deep, I started it!   Maybe Bald Move forums needs a "Food" page.  whos in?

Why not a fully-fledged Bald Move Cookbook?
    Vasilnate1TaraC73