706 - "Swear"

Director: Michael Satrazemis
Writer: David Leslie Johnson

Comments

• Real_NeoReal_Neo North Carolina
    Whats happening and whats going on!
    I feel like the crew for Fear The Walking Dead wrote and filmed this.
    JR_from_Phillymwspiakblisa00JTKIIICJwriterMurderbearclone56Dani27timechampsPLUSarodsucksKevinTargaryen
  • ngwils02ngwils02 Louisville, KY
    Half way through, nothing about this episode is well done. Poor writing, poor acting
  • mwspiakmwspiak Upstate NY
    Great we got the "fist bump" episode that none of us ever wanted.
    TaraC73CJwriter27timechampsPLUSarodsucksmanhattnikKevinTargaryenBourbonQueen
    Real_Neo said:

I feel like the crew for Fear The Walking Dead wrote and filmed this.

This feels like one of those awful webisodes.

Real_Neo
  • blisa00blisa00 New Jersey
    This episode alone finally got me to post in the forums.  Flat out awful.  I lost count on the number of times Tara should have died.  This writing is pathetic and insulting to the viewers.  What happened to TWD??
    CJwriter
    It has become FTWD because thats the true recipe for success. :)
    CJwriter
    As soon as I checked IMDB and saw that this episode was going to follow Terra and Heath I knew it would be awful. let follow those 2 characters that nobody gives a shit about and that left on a supply run 6 months ago and do an extra long episode about what they have been up to
    CJwriter
  • Sigh.  Ugh.  Another bottle episode.  With only 2 episodes left before the mid-season break, the only thing I feel the show is building up to is maybe, just maybe, an episode that has all of the usual gang in it.
  • Worst episode of the Walking Dead of the entire series. Gimple needs to be fired. Him and Nicotero are more concerned about cool zombie sequences than creating a good story. I could just see nicotero jerking himself off to the zombies in the sand and how cool they looked. This show is such an abomination from what it used to be. That episode should easily win the Razzie for worst episode in a drama series.
    mwspiakCJwritersteph_bKevinTargaryen
  • Did we really need another episode to tell us the Saviors are bad? Didn't bashing two dudes' heads in without batting an eye already do that?

I didn't even pay attention to this episode. In fact, I was doing stuff on the computer and just realized it was on. that's....not good.
    CJwriter
  • JTKIII said:

Worst episode of the Walking Dead of the entire series. Gimple needs to be fired. Him and Nicotero are more concerned about cool zombie sequences than creating a good story. I could just see nicotero jerking himself off to the zombies in the sand and how cool they looked. This show is such an abomination from what it used to be. That episode should easily win the Razzie for worst episode in a drama series.

I would really like someone to ask Gimple why they thought this was an episode that was needed. It's an incredible waste of time.
  • All I can surmise is that this town's guns are going to be needed in all out war because if not this was an absolute waste of time.
    TaraC73
  • ncat said:

All I can surmise is that this town's guns are going to be needed in all out war because if not this was an absolute waste of time.

I think, it will be "when" does Tara break and let people know about the other colony. I'm not sure how long she can hold off.

While this episode wasn't great, I don't have the vitriol some do here. It went to further show how far the Saviors reach goes AND they go well beyond proving lessons (otherwise why kill kids). While this does t have anything inn Westworld, that show is much "fresher" so I would hope it wouldn't be close.
  • I wasn't planning on watching this episode, now I'm really not planning on watching this episode. I did fast forward to the end of the Live Watch, and people who want the Bald Move crew to tear this episode to shreds will probably be happy. 
  • Soooooo glad the live watch was on point tonight. Made the episode bearable.
  • Vasilnate1Vasilnate1 Salem, MA
    edited November 2016
    If Tara only knew she was in the market for a new girlfriend
    CJwriterlondoncallingHatorianmwspiakmanhattnikBourbonQueen
  • Still love TWD, but Swear was just about the worst episode of the entire series run. Bad plotting, writing, casting, acting, framing, directing. Even the costuming was bad. 

I haven't see this many people miss a shot since the A-Team. We're these women all former Stormtroopers? 
    TaraC73Murderbearmanhattnik
  • CJwriterCJwriter North of the Wall... MT
    edited November 2016
    Are you fucking kidding me, nothing but Tara?!?! So in two weeks we'll get a whole episode of just Heath?!?! What a waste of time! And now the worst story telling device, characters keeping info from their friends... again...

Simple Gimple is a terrible show-runner/storyteller. Last season's finale was
    the worst and this shocking inability to tell multiple story-lines is simply
    infuriating. Scott M. Gimple, Robert Kirkman, and Greg Nicotero need to
    watch a few seasons of Game of Thrones and takes some notes on multiple
    plot storytelling.

The Negan story with Jeffrey Dean Morgan
    should be brilliant, but it just stutters along with the baffling way
    this season's story is being presented.

The ratings have been dropping weekly since the opener, after this they might tank.

JTKIIImanhattnik
  • CJwriterCJwriter North of the Wall... MT
    Bo Vandy said:

JTKIII said:

Worst episode of the Walking Dead of the entire series. Gimple needs to be fired. Him and Nicotero are more concerned about cool zombie sequences than creating a good story. I could just see nicotero jerking himself off to the zombies in the sand and how cool they looked. This show is such an abomination from what it used to be. That episode should easily win the Razzie for worst episode in a drama series.

I would really like someone to ask Gimple why they thought this was an episode that was needed. It's an incredible waste of time.
    Not only why was it needed, but why spend 70 minutes on it, 70 minutes for a nothing happens, nobody cares episode.
    mwspiak
  • As someone who never hated Tara as much as a lot of the forum members do. I found the episode ok. It was an interesting way to explain why she was away for so long. (The actor was having a baby)

Was it needed? Yes. Did it need a full episode? No.

The problem is that single pov stories worked so well at the end of S4 that I think the writers think they will always work.

Now that everyone is back together hopefully now we can continue the way the comic intended.

• The episode was definitely "meh". But i find it funny everyone complaining about how dark and depressing TWD is each week and then when they do an episode that's a bit lighter and has some humour to it everyone freaks out and calls it the worst episode ever.

7 Seasons in the show is what it is. People expecting Emmy award winning acting and writing when the show has proven time and time again that it's not that. its like the bad partner that we all thinks going to miraculously change. It's time to give up on that change and either dump them or live with their flaws.
    TaraC73kingbee67
  • Looks like Gimple remixed some Mad Max Fury Road in but but managed to leave out the bad ass element. The women and their arsenal will clearly be necessary to take out the Saviors later. Before they gave us the story on how the Saviors took out the men, I was thinking this was a crew of Negan's escaped concubines. 

• So AMC didn't have to pay for Andrew Lincoln and the core cast AGAIN!? Man, AMC is making out like bandits.
  • I felt so bad for Alana Masterson during her running and action scenes. She looked so awkward, obviously post-partum and bloated, not like a survivor in an apocalypse. I half expected milk to start leaking out when she ran; the girls were bouncing around so much.

Tara's obsession with toys is ridiculous. People are starving and dying and she's collecting useless plastic crap. I suppose the writers can't come up with dialogue so they use silly props. The pink sunglasses at the end were just stupid .

Melia004manhattnik
  • They'd been driving for 2 weeks but Tara strolled back to Alexandria on foot?
    manhattnikKevinTargaryenBourbonQueen
  • cbspockcbspock San Antonio, Texas
    So the only important thing in this episode was that this hidden group of people are escapees from the saviors, and they have a weapons cache for the future rebellion 

Vasilnate1
  • I felt so bad for Alana Masterson during her running and action scenes. She looked so awkward, obviously post-partum and bloated, not like a survivor in an apocalypse. I half expected milk to start leaking out when she ran; the girls were bouncing around so much.

Tara's obsession with toys is ridiculous. People are starving and dying and she's collecting useless plastic crap. I suppose the writers can't come up with dialogue so they use silly props. The pink sunglasses at the end were just stupid .

I'm glad to hear that it's not just that I'm a guy--those boobs were exploding out of her chest. Seriously, is that a coincidence? That they'd write an episode for a woman that just got back from having a baby and already had large breasts, that is mostly her bouncing around aimlessly?
    Vasilnate1manhattnikKevinTargaryen
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    Okay, bad episode.  But on the bright side...I do loves me a good Bald Move hate-cast.
    Vasilnate1JTKIIICJwriter27timechampsPLUSarodsucksGeorgeDoubleA_RonStormyfanKevinTargaryenBourbonQueen
  • Yay boobs!
    KevinTargaryen