Delores' Outfit

I'm not saying that William =/= MIB, but did anyone find it curious that Delores is wearing her cowgirl outfit when she see's the MIB at the end of episode 9?

Comments

• and its also not bloody from being cut open by Logan
    tpelzy
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    Yeah, I felt like that  was a pretty definitive editing choice. She literally says the line, "...William?" to the shadowy figure in the door and then MIB walks into the light. It's not "confirmed" confirmed, but it's confirmed. 
    Elisa
  • tpelzy said:

I'm not saying that William =/= MIB, but did anyone find it curious that Delores is wearing her cowgirl outfit when she see's the MIB at the end of episode 9?

We've seen flashes for it for the past few episodes. She was given it when she met Lawrence. So she made it this far when with William and now "currently" alone. Because she's having trouble with the reality of her memories (too vivid) I believe she thought she might see William, instead she sees MIB who she already has a memory of killing her.
  • chriskchrisk Indianapolis
    I don't quite understand how she's been able to get this far, when they showed Stubbs sending someone after her in the "current" timeline. We saw who was sent when she was with William, but as far as we know she's just wandering alone in the park, and nobody cares. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm not sure who is who and when is when, but I think we've seen Dolores go in and out of different loops throughout the season, which was obvious at first and became less obvious - more mixed up as she went off on this side quest to explore her past. I think in this past episode people seem to think there are three main timelines happening with her:

1) Massacre time with Arnold - Wearing her dress
    2) William time - Wearing pants outfit
    3) MiB time, current time -Wearing pants outfit

But that confuses me because #3 is inside the church and the church is burnt down both in the William time and the current time with MiB and Old Anthony Hopkins, but since time is on a weird loop in this show anyway, who knows. I think it's even possible that her loops are getting mixed up and she's done all of this multiple times before. We also saw her dead in the river in her pants outfit - So which timeline does that fit in with? Because she's not dead in either of these yet. So if this 3-timelines theory is true she was seeing a future part of the William time. (that's actually in her past during #3).

IDK if any of that made sense haha
    I always saw her "deaths" (e.g. lying face down in the water) as previously incompleted loops

MIB is pretty clearly William at this point.  I was still rooting for it being Logan, but that silhouette with the weird ricketty legs looked exactly like William.  Was confusing seeing the horror on Dolores' face, but maybe she saw in that instant what the man she "loved" had become after reviewing all the more recent memories
    MurderbearElisa
  • cbspockcbspock San Antonio, Texas
    We see a model of the town on Ford's desk, he has been digging it up for most of the season. 

Elisa
  • tpelzytpelzy Dallas
    edited November 2016
    cbspock said:

We see a model of the town on Ford's desk, he has been digging it up for most of the season. 

And I think Charlotte says that Ford is almost done with the new narrative. 

I'm just confused about the timing. I suppose that if Dolores is a part of the new narrative then that could be why she is wearing the pants outfit in the present day. Perhaps they changed it after the Delores/Ford scene. It's just confusing because there's nothing directly in the story to tell us that's the case. 
    Elisa
  • cbspockcbspock San Antonio, Texas
    I noticed on my second time running through the series in the opening of the second episode, Bernard asks Dolores if she remembers and it cuts to the train scene. I didn't realize the first time that it was the start of a flashback. Maeve and Dolores are sort of following the same personal arc, but we are seeing Dolores' arc play in the past and flashing to the present where we are seeing Maeve's story in the present and flashing back to the past. 

tpelzyElisa
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    Next episode, Dolores alternates between wearing a monocle and wearing a top hat. Frequently changing up in the course of a single conversation. Explanations offered? None whatsoever..
    tpelzymlindhephoenyx1023ElisaOldGriswoldChiefPizza
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I'm wondering if there is a link or just weird coincidence that in the same episode that the MIB said his wife took the wrong pills and drowned in the bath is in the same episode we see Dolores face down dead in the water.
    ChiefPizza
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.