MIB almost hung

To me it's simple. The hanging stunt is a small plot twist in the twisted Park overall. It happened to MIB purposely at the hands of a conscious host but it may happen on occasion to upper level players. It is setup so that the visitor awakens with a situation and an escape hatch, i.e. The knife in Teddy. The script / Park programming is set so that the horse only bolts when a hand grabs the hilt of the knife. Who is to say that if he missed or dropped the knife that the tree limb would have been programmed to break after 30 seconds of more than 100 lbs of weight or something. I don't see it as a big mystery.

Comments

• Mmmmmmaybe. I just think they got a little carried away in the writer's room. Sure you can explain it within the rules of the park. We know they figure out how much danger the guests are comfortable with before they enter the park. MIB is probably on the highest possible risk level. Could a mechanical horse stop on a dime if he starts choking or snaps his neck? Sure. But it seems like they just didn't totally think it through when they wrote that scene. It doesn't bother me enough that I need an explanation anyway. 
  • What the park knows, and we haven't been informed of yet, is that in the future they have cured neck-breakings.

All necks are reinforced with titanium.

It's a little world breaking that they did not highlight this information, but its obvious on re-watch.

(/end joking)
    tpelzy
  • also Charlotte was literally right there, she could have cut him down, especially if she needed his Board vote ;) 
    tpelzy
  • Even though the horse has its eyes covered. I believe Good Samaritan was still in effect. The horse is useing its hearing and cues from others animals. The horse doesn't move until the man in back moves toward the knife. It doesn't take off till it hears a coyote and the coyote doesn't make a sound till MiB gets the knife. If the MiB drops the knife then there would be another cue and the hose runs back.
  • Even though the horse has its eyes covered. I believe Good Samaritan was still in effect. The horse is useing its hearing and cues from others animals. The horse doesn't move until the man in back moves toward the knife. It doesn't take off till it hears a coyote and the coyote doesn't make a sound till MiB gets the knife. If the MiB drops the knife then there would be another cue and the hose runs back.

I'll have to rewatch for that, but if that's correct, really good eye, @web
  • The Park seems to also have an "all knowing eye" it can visually track people from a holographic 3D map, they know when you need to set off explosives, they see when your overstepping your bounds and can jam your guns from the control board.  They probably also have GPS trackers and heart monitors built into the cloths they let you "borrow", I mean shit, Will Smith had like 8 trackers hidden on his person in "Enemy of the State" and that was like 1998. I assume in this well advanced future they can track even more.  So even if the horses good samaritan was blocked because he was blind folded, that someone in the control would be notified of a guests danger and proper procedure would follow, they could manually back the horse up, or make the tree branch snap(they are fake trees by the way, but thats a different debate).  He was never in "real" danger, but he probably does have the difficulty set to pro, master, or expert, so he gets the worst of it.  and then Charlotte is right there on the spot and gives him shit about taking it "too" seriously.
  • Animals don't quite have that.
    Otherwise the snake wouldn't have tried to attack Ford in Episode 1.
  • I leave that determination--almost or otherwise--to Mrs. Harris.
  • @chistianm that snake would have missed. No threat but perceived threat
  • Animals don't quite have that.

Animals dont have what? they are not animals, they are robots (Hosts).  And Ford can control them, and the control room can also control certain aspects of the park, If they can jam your gun at will, or swap Hosts priorities from the control room, they can surely make a horse back up, or snap a tree limb. 
  • @chistianm that snake would have missed. No threat but perceived threat

Don't think so. They can harm you. But they cannot kill you. 

Animals don't quite have that.

Animals dont have what? they are not animals, they are robots (Hosts).  And Ford can control them, and the control room can also control certain aspects of the park, If they can jam your gun at will, or swap Hosts priorities from the control room, they can surely make a horse back up, or snap a tree limb. 
    But they didn't back him up or snap the tree.
    Since he's at a pro level, they were indicative enough to not cause him a death but to harm him. That's why the hosts knocked MiB out cold.
    The staff from control are monitoring every guest in the park.
    It's noted clearly when Charlotte was waiting for MiB to get himself out of that jam to talk to him. MiB nor Charlotte showed any emotions as of an imminent death but they were relaxed. Why? because control can most definately take care of things.
  • OK, so we agree? 
  • OK, so we agree? 

Always have

Vasilnate1
  • It's nice when we all get along.
    tpelzy
  • If a snake bites me and I spend any amount of time unconscious, I am asking for that entire day to be refunded. What the hell WestWorld?
  • gjulleen said:

If a snake bites me and I spend any amount of time unconscious, I am asking for that entire day to be refunded. What the hell WestWorld?

Except the bite has no poison and the snake probably have soft teeth.
    That's a more cost effective way for the park to keep in business.

• gjulleen said:

If a snake bites me and I spend any amount of time unconscious, I am asking for that entire day to be refunded. What the hell WestWorld?

we'll set the difficulty to Super Easy for you...baby!
This discussion has been closed.