Mission Accomplished! Belated interview with Mad Men Editor Tom Wilson

Thanks to all who kept after me to get this out.  Sorry it didn't come sooner!

JoshuaHeterMelonusk

Comments

• Hah, I meant to remind you after you mentioned it in the last Q&A, but forgot. Great to see it's finally out, shame about the rewatch though.
    I said, "This is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap. And I do not say that lightly."
  • Thanks, A. Ron, for uploading the interview! I miss Mad Men terribly and this certainly helped. Speaking of Vincent Kartheiser's acting chops, this is old news, but no one can say the guy isn't a chameleon
    MurderbearMelonusk
  • Strangely looks like Vince Gilligan in this picture...

Thanks Aron, great interview and made me want to rewatch (again) some of the episodes, and eager to see what's next for Matthew Weiner.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Melonusk said:

Strangely looks like Vince Gilligan in this picture...

Thanks Aron, great interview and made me want to rewatch (again) some of the episodes, and eager to see what's next for Matthew Weiner.

That's what I was thinking RE: the Villigan!  I just watched the lone commercial, amazing.  I hope we get to see a bit of the Nashville Hot in action.
  • edited December 2016
    I stumbled upon this random interview Rich Sommer aka Harry Crane did back in May 2015. http://www.earwolf.com/episode/dry-docked-nugget/  Some interesting tidbits for people who don't have time to actually listen to it:

• The Weiner told him (actually he was telling Elisabeth Moss but Sommer happened to be there, too) what the finale was going to be, Coke commercial and all, back when they finished filming season 4. Ever since then the Weiner was in constant fear that Sommer might tell other people.
    • That tin of cookies Harry was chomping on in the finale was made by his wife. After each season was completed Sommer and his wife would visit the writers room with homemade chocolate chip cookies Mrs. Sommer baked. 
    • Sommer is a board game enthusiast. He also had a podcast about board games for a while. https://soundcloud.com/cardboard-with-rich-sommer

The interview was pretty interesting, but the whole time while I was listening to it I couldn't help but think how much better it would've been if it were done by people who actually knew Mad Men well and loved board games (wink wink @Jim @A_Ron_HubbardFWIW he also thought Monopoly was a terrible game.)
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Ah, Harry.  Monopoly is a terrible game, mostly because people don't play it as ruthlessly as it's intended.  I've heard Monopoly champs talk about the game, and have seen a few national games, and they're playing a completely different game than I did back in the day.