New Club Bald Move software

A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
Hey everyone, we've successfully updated the Club software that makes our membership systems work. We were using a WordPress plugin called WooCommerce, we are now running membership through Recurly.

This means that a lot of issues revolving around renewals, which I know has caused a lot of grief I'd your card expired, or you changed addresses, or sometimes just because it was Thursday.

The other immediate benefit is effective, immediately every new Club member gets a 30 day trial period for free. It's one of those deals where we get your credit card and charge you after the trial period automatically, hoping you'll forget you signed up and that's how we get you! So be aware of that, but it's also a solid opportunity for new people to kick the tires of the club and take it all for a whirl.

Finally, because we kicked WooCommerce to the curb, we lost the ability to take commissions temporarily. It will take us a few days to port all that info to our new store. All the inventory levels will be preserved for the community commissions. I'll keep this thread stickied until I get all of the commissions migrated over.

Thanks for your continued support!
TaraC73DummyHatorianCodyHarris821TiffanyFernNYC17Frakkin TKingKobraCarterand 17 others.

Comments

• So we will have to re-sub under the new system?  If so, what happens to the other recurring contributions we have set to pay out? Will this take their place, or are those still active?
  • HeisenburgerHeisenburger Detroit, Michigan
    I thought that auto-renewing month to month had ended for the old monthly rate, but I was recently charged $2 for another month. Will this be stopping soon? I will most likely renew again at the new rate or I may hold off for a little while since its the holidays and I have a 10-month-old to drown in an unnecessary amounts of gifts.
  • @KiltedViking Yes, you'll have to resub under the new subscription.  None of the old ones will renew.

@Heisenburger If you had an old subscription, it was still renewing at the old rate.  That won't be the case in the very near future.
  • How does the old yearly subscription work?  I think mine ran through June 2017.  Does it automatically move or has that been lost and I have to start a new subscription?

amhatch
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    One very small, unimportant thing. I always go to the forums, log in, and read the forums. Since you upgraded, after I log in, it takes me to the home page. Not a big deal since I can always click on "Forums" but just wanted to let you know, if you have time to look at it. I know some people like to bookmark certain forums and avoid others to avoid spoilers.
    Be a human, not a machine.

Angie Kritenbrink
    akritenbrink on most social media

• A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    If you have a balance left on the old system, it will add that on top of whenever you renew your new subscription.  In effect, anytime you have left will be added, so you essentially keep your same renewal date.  You just have to opt-in.

If you're on the $2/month or $12/year plan, those will remain until they expire naturally, unless you upgrade to the new Club.  If you're on the $12/year plan and want to upgrade to any of the new plans, there is no reason to wait, as the balance of your existing plan gets added to the new one.  The only reason not to upgrade ASAP is that you want to let your club plan to expire.
  • GeorgeGeorge Astoria, New York
    Just upgraded...been tough times with the holidays so I had to tighten my belt a bit. That one month free was a life saver...thanks.
    A_Ron_Hubbard
  • Hey Guys,

My premium features stopped working, so I resubscribed using the new system. Problem is now I get a message saying my subscription is expired and the premium features still don't work. I hope this is a one-off with the new system but could you take a look when you get a chance? 

Thanks, keep up the good work.
    Hey @SRoot, can you send this into support@baldmove.com?  We try to track all membership issues at one point of contact to avoid them slipping through the cracks.
  • If you have a balance left on the old system, it will add that on top of whenever you renew your new subscription.  In effect, anytime you have left will be added, so you essentially keep your same renewal date.  You just have to opt-in.

If you're on the $2/month or $12/year plan, those will remain until they expire naturally, unless you upgrade to the new Club.  If you're on the $12/year plan and want to upgrade to any of the new plans, there is no reason to wait, as the balance of your existing plan gets added to the new one.  The only reason not to upgrade ASAP is that you want to let your club plan to expire.
    So, am I understanding correctly?
    I think I auto-renewed a few months ago, if i just wait out the remaining time I will not auto renew with  the new system, I will have to re-up with the new system. Is there any disadvantage to me to just wait - since Dec and Jan are skinny months? How can I find out how many months I have remaining on my current membership?
    edited December 2016

So, am I understanding correctly?
    I think I auto-renewed a few months ago, if i just wait out the remaining time I will not auto renew with  the new system, I will have to re-up with the new system. Is there any disadvantage to me to just wait - since Dec and Jan are skinny months? How can I find out how many months I have remaining on my current membership?
    I'd actually argue that the only reason not to renew now, is because you want to Club to expire.  If you join the new system, the entire balance of the Club you have remaining in the old system gets converted to an extended trial period in the new.  So, say you have 100 days left.  You upgrade your account from new to old.  You put in your credit card now, but you won't be charged until 100 days from now when you would have renewed under the old system anyway.  That was the tricky part in coding the new system, but it's pretty slick.

This is nothing more than opt-in auto-renew.  
    Georgemmmlemoncakes
  • Any plan on bringing back paypal?
    Yes! It's literally my highest priority. It will be ready before Xmas.
  • Jim said:

@KiltedViking Yes, you'll have to resub under the new subscription.  None of the old ones will renew.

Got it, thanks Jim.  I will re-sub.  :)

• wasiwasi Melbourne, Australia
    Hi,

Sorry if this has already been explained above, but I'm a little confused.

I signed up for a year membership about 3 months ago, so have 9 months to run.

Can I just continue as is until September 2017 and then renew for 12 months in advance again?

Cheers

Adam
  • JimJim
    edited December 2016
    @wasi Yep, that's exactly how it works.  I'm cancelling out all the old subscriptions so they won't double-charge you the next time your renewal date comes up but you will still have all your premium club benefits through the old system until your membership expires, then you can re-up for the year again.  Or re-up now through the new system and you won't be charged until Sep 2017.
  • OxdubOxdub California
    I can't get the subscription tool to work. Do I need to use a desktop and not mobile?
    Works in mobile for me. I'm using Android/chrome. What are you using, and what's it doing wrong? Maybe I can help.
  • @Oxdub Also, make sure you haven't disabled javascript.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, you probably haven't disabled it.
    HenkesChip62
  • Louballs77Louballs77 Coral Springs, FL
    If I upgraded to yearly $48 during the save bald move campaign, do I need to do anything?
    Hey Louballs77, if you want, you can upgrade now, and be ready to go, or you can wait for the clock to expire and upgrade it next year.  It doesn't matter either way.
  • Louballs77Louballs77 Coral Springs, FL
    ah I thought it was immediate when I did it the first time, oops!  upgrading now
  • Thanks for the explanation and clarifying comments. I got an email that my annual was cancelled even though it just auto-renewed a few months ago. I knew there was a logical, non-annoying reason so I came here to read it. :D Good luck with everything.
  • Rikkiebags Wimborne, Dorset, UK
    Hello, no doubt you're very busy with your Xmas malarky, but I sent an email to support last week as I appear to have lost my premium account. I upgraded to Quarterly (invoice 1335) but I no longer have access at all. Any bright ideas?

Cheers guys.
  • FernNYC17FernNYC17 New York, NY
    Are the Available Community Commissions section in a new Link on the site or has that page not been setup yet?
    Is there a good place that I can squanch around here?
  • OxdubOxdub California
    edited December 2016
    I've tried everything to get the Subscription Tool to work and no matter what podcast or app I pick this is the screen I always get.

https://s23.postimg.org/5nvv09bjv/image.png

Hello, no doubt you're very busy with your Xmas malarky, but I sent an email to support last week as I appear to have lost my premium account. I upgraded to Quarterly (invoice 1335) but I no longer have access at all. Any bright ideas?

Cheers guys.
    \Hey man, I searched our support box for your email, and didn't find anything.  Are you sure you sent it to support@baldmove.com?  If you're not using the email you use on the forums pm me and I'll look into it.  Regardless, sorry for the delay, I'm sure we'll get it sorted.
    FernNYC17 said:

Are the Available Community Commissions section in a new Link on the site or has that page not been setup yet?

Not quite ready yet.
    Oxdub said:

I've tried everything to get the Subscription Tool to work and no matter what podcast or app I pick this is the screen I always get.

You just need to pop your password into that password box. It will then generate the URL you need to subscribe to the podcast.  You can hit the "copy URL" button, and then go to your podcast app and paste that into the search box and it should sign you up.
    FernNYC17Oxdub
  • OxdubOxdub California

Oxdub said:

You just need to pop your password into that password box. It will then generate the URL you need to subscribe to the podcast.  You can hit the "copy URL" button, and then go to your podcast app and paste that into the search box and it should sign you up.
    Thanks guys. It's something weird with my phone. Nothing worked. I just went on the MacBook and did it from there.

Cheers